Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, Sad People said:

Thats not a bad deal too. I just dont think hes a "resetting the market" type of guy but thats just my opinion.

I don't think that he or his agents truly thought that either, but they had to do what they had to do (and say).  But, he is the best and most trusted TE that Kirko has played with since Jordan Reed. 

JJ is clearly the guy on the Vikings who will reset his position's market.   

• Like 1

So, he's technically highest right now, so it's sort of resetting the market.  We'll have to see the structure.  He's only 26 right now, so he has an advantage over a lot of other TEs like Waller, Kittle or Kelce, who are all over 30 or very near it. 

If Pitts picks it up this year, especially with another weapon in Bijan Robinson on roster, he's the only one that has a chance of surpassing him anytime soon, since he's only turning 23 this year.  

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Dianna Russini reported that it was actually 4/66m, with a the opportunity to get to 68.5 in incentives.

So, it's technically $16.5M in base then, which is less than Waller.  Either way, it's probably a pretty good deal for both parties.  @Arif indicated that with the cap environment comparison between now with TJ and when Kittle and Kelce signed their deals, TJ's APY is 4th amongst TEs...which, probably analytically, is right where he should be.  😂

• Like 3