Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

If you have a subscription to the Athletic, I highly recommend the article just posted on Harry.  It pretty much confirms everything I believe we've sort of thought about him...that he's a different kind of dude, but in a good way.  He's certainly a very unique character. 

He is a cool dude!!

So the Vikings got David Quessenberry and have Hakeem Adeniji?  Or is Adeniji only on the practice squad?  If so I would rather have Adeniji on the active roster than Quessenberry.

Sure he can run block but in pass pro he was pretty damn bad on Tennessee if I remember correctly, like really bad.  And he cannot play LT and Vikings already have a RT backup in Udoh so unless he can play guard why even get him?

Adeniji has more experience at a variety of position and is more versatile to me.  But nice to get two vets I guess and clearly the backup OL spots are a massive need.  

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So the Vikings got David Quessenberry and have Hakeem Adeniji?  Or is Adeniji only on the practice squad?  If so I would rather have Adeniji on the active roster than Quessenberry.

Sure he can run block but in pass pro he was pretty damn bad on Tennessee if I remember correctly, like really bad.  And he cannot play LT and Vikings already have a RT backup in Udoh so unless he can play guard why even get him?

Adeniji has more experience at a variety of position and is more versatile to me.  But nice to get two vets I guess and clearly the backup OL spots are a massive need.  

Both of them are really just depth pieces...if they have to use either one then that's not good news.  I suspect Brandel will likely be the backup LT.  I'm not sure what they're doing with Udoh, since he's back now listed as G on their website and Brandel as OT. 

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I would REALLY like to see KJ Osborn have a career year in 2023. With JJ's extension coming, TJ locked in, and Addison on a rookie deal, I don't see him the long term plans and he'd net a nice comp pick if he goes off this year.

Once they drafted Addison, the timer was going down on Osborn's tenure here.   I do hope he has a good year as well, not just for the pick, but for him, because he's come a long way since his rookie year when we thought he was only going to be a returner.

I bet JJ's extension is done next week. 

• Like 5

Doesnt seem that bad. 125k higher than the highest contract isnt bad at all and cant complain about that. Kinda seems like a bit of an ego move to wanna go over just by 125k but its fair and a projection on my part.

As previously stated this contract may look pretty nice in a year or two with other TEs getting new deals. This deal reminds me a bit of the Nathan Mackinnon deal he signed with the Avs are year or so ago.

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Both of them are really just depth pieces...if they have to use either one then that's not good news.  I suspect Brandel will likely be the backup LT.  I'm not sure what they're doing with Udoh, since he's back now listed as G on their website and Brandel as OT. 

Sure but there is almost zero chance one of those interior guys do not get hurt.  And honestly those core three, weren't they the worst in the NFL in terms of giving up pressure on the QB?  Not sure exactly the rating but they all rated pretty damn low I thought.

So either they are all greatly improved or something is going to have to change with them.  Josh Oliver will help the OL in general because he is a better blocker and more dominating at his position than any of those three interior guys at their respected positions.  

2 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Doesnt seem that bad. 125k higher than the highest contract isnt bad at all and cant complain about that. Kinda seems like a bit of an ego move to wanna go over just by 125k but its fair and a projection on my part.

As previously stated this contract may look pretty nice in a year or two with other TEs getting new deals. This deal reminds me a bit of the Nathan Mackinnon deal he signed with the Avs are year or so ago.

Sure, but that's as much of , if not more, an agent thing than it is a player ego boost. Agents want to be able to say they negotiated the highest deal ever. The players are most interested in the guaranteed money, and the length of the deal.

• Like 1

When George Kittle reset the TE market in 2020, with his $75M contract. His $15M AAV was approximately 7.5% of that year’s salary cap. 

Hockenson’s contract is in line with that percentage. At $16.5M AAV, his contract is roughly 7.3% of the cap. If you take his max value of $17.1M AAV, the contract is 7.6% of this year’s salary cap. 

The raw numbers are higher, but he certainly didn’t reset the TE market. 

• Like 1