Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

20 hours ago, swede700 said:

Jeshaun is back, assuming due to the Addison situation...

The Vikings on Tuesday signed receiver Jeshaun Jones to their practice squad. Jones first joined Minnesota as an undrafted rookie free agent after the 2024 NFL Draft.

He spent training camp and the preseason with the Vikings, highlighted by his 71-yard touchdown reception at Cleveland and finished the exhibition slate with five receptions for 90 yards.

Jones was released during roster reductions on Aug. 29. The native of Fort Myers, Florida, played in 48 games at Maryland (2018-23), recording 151 receptions for 2,040 yards and 14 touchdowns.

vikings.com

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Harrison Phillips said it was “emotional” to sign a contract extension with the Vikings. Was prepared to play out the last year of his career and hit free agency. “Yesterday was one of the best days of my life.”

VikingsNation.com

It's always great when players are happy to be here. We're happy to have him here too! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, I just wish if they were going to get new unis 18 yrs ago that they just would have updated those instead of doing what they did. 

I liked those new ones when they did them but my tastes have definitely changed since then. I like the more simplistic design instead of the extra flair of modern jerseys. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I liked those new ones when they did them but my tastes have definitely changed since then. I like the more simplistic design instead of the extra flair of modern jerseys. 

I'm pretty traditionalist but I like their current jerseys and their general simplicity.  I hated those Childress-era jerseys from the start. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm pretty traditionalist but I like their current jerseys and their general simplicity.  I hated those Childress-era jerseys from the start. 

When I said the new ones, I meant the Childress era ones as you were referring to in the previous post. I liked those at the time but they definitely look like an eyesore to me. The current ones are fine and definitely an improvement over them previous but I don't like the flair on the numbers or the how the stripe on the arm looks. The throwbacks just look so clean, especially because they keep the matte helmet.