Titans Coaching Staff Hires

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

That's a good move for the most part. Walker would be great under anyone. Gotta see Jonu Smith improve to really see offense take off. 

Then again if he isn't the best blocker then LaFleur might not ask him to block much. 

Good move to get Smith back. Jonnu did some nice things this past season despite being a very raw prospect especially in blocking. I expect Delanie and Jonnu to be used more out of the backfield next year as well. 

Now I think it’s OL, RB, and special teams coaches and that’s it. OL will be huge.

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

No real feelings either way about Williams.

Miami has had some good D-Lines. I wonder was he responsible for bringing Oliver Vernon to the team before he went to NY?

I have no idea what type of coach he is, but looking at where has been, it looks like he coached Von Miller in college. It also looks like he coached Khalil Mack during his rookie season in Oakland. No idea how responsible he is for the success of those guys, but it's intriguing that he has been with some of the best DL in the game.

One thing that is curious is that he has ONLY been a DL coach on any level. Wonder why he hasn't gotten a chance anywhere at anything more.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Good move to get Smith back. Jonnu did some nice things this past season despite being a very raw prospect especially in blocking. I expect Delanie and Jonnu to be used more out of the backfield next year as well. 

Now I think it’s OL, RB, and special teams coaches and that’s it. OL will be huge.

I think the OL, might not be as key, at least when it comes to development.  The two OTs can definitely get better, but as long as someone comes in and doesn't let them regress, that should be good.
We probably going to get a vet OG(FA) and maybe resign one of Spain and Kline or let one of the guys we got last year compete if they can.  I heard we might move more toward zone blocking scheme. If I recall, that scheme is more player friendly, assignment wise? So won't need a whole lot of teaching?  I dunno. I'm just assuming.

All that said, we want someone with a good track record. lol

I want to see a good RB coach. Henry and probably another young guy, draft pick, are going to need some fundamental lessons in pass blocking.  So a good teacher there is important to me.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think the OL, might not be as key, at least when it comes to development.  The two OTs can definitely get better, but as long as someone comes in and doesn't let them regress, that should be good.
We probably going to get a vet OG(FA) and maybe resign one of Spain and Kline or let one of the guys we got last year compete if they can.  I heard we might move more toward zone blocking scheme. If I recall, that scheme is more player friendly, assignment wise? So won't need a whole lot of teaching?  I dunno. I'm just assuming.

All that said, we want someone with a good track record. lol

I want to see a good RB coach. Henry and probably another young guy, draft pick, are going to need some fundamental lessons in pass blocking.  So a good teacher there is important to me.

Zone-blocking requires more teaching and more thought after the snap. In man- blocking you're blocking the guy across from you. In zone it depends where the defender goes and who is going to have the better angle. Linemen need to be on the same page.

54 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Meh, our ST's was way better than people made it out to be.

On coverage yes but I would of liked someone new too. I thought PK said we were 18th ikon ST this year but I don’t know which specific statistic he was taking about. Adoree should of been better I still find myself hoping he kneels it for a touchback because it’s very rare he gets us out to mid field consistently 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

On coverage yes but I would of liked someone new too. I thought PK said we were 18th ikon ST this year but I don’t know which specific statistic he was taking about. Adoree should of been better I still find myself hoping he kneels it for a touchback because it’s very rare he gets us out to mid field consistently 

He was just talking about some guy who ranks special teams every year. I'd take that woth a grain of salt. It's basically a power ranking of special teams

Archived