Super Bowl

Aztec Hammer

I'd like to see any team but the Patriots win, mostly because I despise the entire city of Boston and their entire fan-base in any/every sport. That said, I find BB to be hilarious, love his interviews and coaching style, and I don't have a vested interest.

I want to see the Patriots win, just because their owner, HC and his coaches are so much not what we have.

I posted this in another thread but it fits better here:

The Patriots are in the SB without one defensive Pro Bowl player.

And only 4 on O, including the automatics: Brady and Gronk, and the super stars FB James Develin and WR Matthew Slater, a 5th round pick.

Think about that.

'Coon's up another tree, people.

It's about players, for sure, but more about talent evaluation and coaching.

And up to now, we have not had either.

It's not that we haven't had talent, except at QB; it's that Hueball and his crew didn't know how best to use it.

23 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I'm big time hoping the Patriots win. Sick of all the politics in sports, and I'd like to see Tom Brady win as many rings (by himself) as the Pittsburgh Steelers have in their entire franchise history.

So what does Tom Brady winning have to do with politics in sports?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So what does Tom Brady winning have to do with politics in sports?

The Eagles are (and I quote) "the NFL's wokest team". I don't care about athletes' political opinions. It's one of the reasons I hate listening to LeBron. He's a great player but I don't care what he has to say about politics. I listen to political shows for politics, not watch sports.

And the fact that people are STILL grilling Tom Brady for having a private political opinion. He didn't even bring it up, but that didn't stop the media from dragging it out and grilling him (and Belichick) for no reason. And what did I read in USA Today literally the day after the conference title games? Basically Trump = Patriots, anti-Trump = Eagles. I mean, what the heck? Why is this even being talked about?

Hence, one of the reasons I want Tom Brady to win. Plus it'd be really funny for one guy to have as many rings as the entire Steelers organization xD

5 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Basically Trump = Patriots, anti-Trump = Eagles. I mean, what the heck? Why is this even being talked about?

Because a high percentage of the US population - and a higher percentage of the major media's audience - are idiots.

id·i·ot

ˈidēət/

noun

informal

a stupid person.

synonyms:fool, ***, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton;

informaldope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dumbo, dummy, dum-dum, loon, dork, sap, jackass, blockhead, jughead, bonehead, knucklehead, fathead, butthead, numbskull, numbnuts, dumb-***, doofus, clod, dunderhead, ditz, lummox, knuckle-dragger, dipstick, thickhead, meathead, meatball, wooden-head, airhead, pinhead, lamer, lamebrain, peabrain, birdbrain, mouth-breather, scissorbill, jerk, nerd, donkey, nitwit, twit, boob, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, turkey, chowderhead, dingbat, mook; 

vulgar slangasshat

"that idiot was driving way too fast"

MEDICINEarchaic

a mentally handicapped person.

I would add to this last entry mentally deranged, a person with missing and/or malfunctioning circuits.

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Super Bowl imo will be held April 26-28th in Arlington.

I don’t care about the game this weekend, but I’m rooting for the Eagles to lose because most of their fans are trollish dooshes.

That is the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of our Super Bowl.  The opening quarter of our Super Bowl begins with free agency.  :) 

40 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

The Eagles are (and I quote) "the NFL's wokest team". I don't care about athletes' political opinions. It's one of the reasons I hate listening to LeBron. He's a great player but I don't care what he has to say about politics. I listen to political shows for politics, not watch sports.

And the fact that people are STILL grilling Tom Brady for having a private political opinion. He didn't even bring it up, but that didn't stop the media from dragging it out and grilling him (and Belichick) for no reason. And what did I read in USA Today literally the day after the conference title games? Basically Trump = Patriots, anti-Trump = Eagles. I mean, what the heck? Why is this even being talked about?

Hence, one of the reasons I want Tom Brady to win. Plus it'd be really funny for one guy to have as many rings as the entire Steelers organization xD

I just think as long as people are playing the game they’ll have political opinions, and some will express theirs.

Its just sad that people remain so delicate that someone else expressing their point of view angers them, and that applies to both sides.

I’ll leave it there as to follow forum rules, but allowing an athlete speaking his mind to bother you seems pretty petty imo.

Archived