The tWo Hangout

I don't know what to do.

Got the option as I said before to fly down to JAX for the Houston game in December. Just unsure if I should financially. Plane ticket will be $160-$170 (just a one way, will drive back up with a buddy after), ticket to a game will be around $50-$70, I'd imagine eating/drinking (I'd go down there that Friday probably) would be a decent chunk. I got a place to stay so no worries as far as housing goes.

Broke college kid, is it worth it? 

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I don't know what to do.

Got the option as I said before to fly down to JAX for the Houston game in December. Just unsure if I should financially. Plane ticket will be $160-$170 (just a one way, will drive back up with a buddy after), ticket to a game will be around $50-$70, I'd imagine eating/drinking (I'd go down there that Friday probably) would be a decent chunk. I got a place to stay so no worries as far as housing goes.

Broke college kid, is it worth it? 

I mean the question is really whether or not you have the financial stability to lose $500 and still be fine.

• Like 1

In that - if $500 was stolen from you, would you be able to forget this trip and still pay bills, get food, have your life and have some money laying around in case of an emergency?

If the answer is no, then you probably shouldn’t go. Because that’s basically what the trip is going to do to you.

Or, the trip is in December, so you have a month and a half to prepare. Can you ratchet down your expenses leading up to the trip to make it work?

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

In that - if $500 was stolen from you, would you be able to forget this trip and still pay bills, get food, have your life and have some money laying around in case of an emergency?

If the answer is no, then you probably shouldn’t go. Because that’s basically what the trip is going to do to you.

Or, the trip is in December, so you have a month and a half to prepare. Can you ratchet down your expenses leading up to the trip to make it work?

I have a decent chunk in savings right now so I think I could spin it, yes.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I have a decent chunk in savings right now so I think I could spin it, yes.

If you can afford it without it impacting your way of life, it won’t cripple you if an emergency happens, and you want to do it, do it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

If you are able to, donate plasma. Donate 2x a week (esp if you are new) for the next ~month and a half and that'll pretty much negate the costs (from the sounds of it).

I freaking hate needles but this may be a good idea...

17 hours ago, iPwn said:

Those following hockey can come laugh at me because I only just now found out that the Phoenix Coyotes are now the Arizona Coyotes.

I still call them Phoenix all the time and idgaf.  They don't even have fans to get mad at me.

So I think I'm definitely going to get a new phone here in the next week. I keep diving into the IPhone 8 and Google Pixel 2 but can't decide. A big problem for me with these are the lack of a headphone jack, but it seems like with the adapter on the Iphone you can get some solid headphones for it at a cheaper price. For the Pixel 2, it seems like you pretty much need to get bluetooth headphones (which are very, very expensive) or you're out of luck. Considering I listen to music a lot (studying, going to class, etc.) this is a pretty big deal for me. Not sure if anyone has an IPhone 7 (it's pretty much the same way as the IPhone 8 I'm pretty sure) or a new Pixel and could talk about it, but IDK what to do.

The S8 hasn't gotten great reviews and I'd like to try something different (I have the S7 now), so think I want to stay away from that.

The Note 8 and the IPhone X look great, but both are way too expensive.

Not sure if the LG G6 is worth even considering/if it's even close to "The Big 3".

If everything were equal I think I'd definitely go with the Pixel 2, but with how important listening to music is for me I find that to be extremely frustrating.

Any thoughts?