Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

No, you can't teach it...but I don't know how much it helps him in the radio booth...maybe to go reach for the beer in the top cabinet after watching another Browns offensive "drive"?  

Edited by disaacs

On 5/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, rpmwr19 said:

Norv’s offense is not difficult to learn, particularly for wide receivers. I don’t know where that notion comes from. 

Quote from a former Turner player:

His is not that difficult to learn, but it's a complicated offense. He runs the route formations and combinations to where it confuses defenses, but the offenses seem to catch on to it quickly."

That's strange, because I thought Greg Jennings and Cordarrelle Patterson said differently. 

45 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's strange, because I thought Greg Jennings and Cordarrelle Patterson said differently. 

Well, Cordarrelle isn't exactly a scholar of the game...and like Jennings said, he was often sheltered in GB, so it probably was difficult to master a different offense, especially with such a drastic change in language. 

• Like 1

Free agent Adrian Peterson wants a chance, and the running back wants the Saints to know he would “definitely listen” if they called after Mark Ingram‘s suspension. Peterson told Tom Pelissero of NFL Media that he is “fully healthy,” with three doctors having cleared him following his season-ending neck injury.

Peterson, 33, has played only 13 games over the past two seasons. He has 541 carries the past four seasons, gaining 2,161 yards and 13 touchdowns.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/10/adrian-peterson-fully-healthy-waiting-for-a-chance/

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Free agent Adrian Peterson wants a chance, and the running back wants the Saints to know he would “definitely listen” if they called after Mark Ingram‘s suspension. Peterson told Tom Pelissero of NFL Media that he is “fully healthy,” with three doctors having cleared him following his season-ending neck injury.

Peterson, 33, has played only 13 games over the past two seasons. He has 541 carries the past four seasons, gaining 2,161 yards and 13 touchdowns.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/10/adrian-peterson-fully-healthy-waiting-for-a-chance/

I think he's going to be waiting quite awhile unless he's willing to take the vet minimum.  

Free-agent running back Adrian Peterson is interested in returning to the Saints. Saints coach Sean Payton hasn’t ruled out a reunion.

Payton:  “This gets back to the notion that we had any argument in Minnesota [during a Week One game against the Vikings]. There was none. I think a ton of him, and that would be the part where if all of sudden we decided, ‘Hey, we’re going to look at additional players that are on the street,’ his name, there will be a few others. We have him on a board right now, who’s available. Veteran running backs stacked on a board graded, but he’s a tough player, warrior, and a great worker and we had a good relationship.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/12/sean-payton-doesnt-rule-out-an-adrian-peterson-reunion/

33es946.jpg

Randy Moss, set to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2018 this August, led the NFL in touchdown catches five times, including his NFL-record 23 touchdowns in the undefeated 2007 season with the New England Patriots. At the time, he also helped Tom Brady set the NFL record with 50 touchdown passes in that same season along with the Patriots breaking the record for most points in a season by a team. That record was previously held by Moss' first team, the 1998 Vikings, proving just how much of a difference having him on a team made. 

The one accomplishment missing from Moss' resume is a Super Bowl ring. He came close with the Vikings in 1998, the Patriots in 2007 and the San Francisco 49ers in 2012, but aside from that, he did just about everything an NFL receiver can do. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year, played in six Pro Bowls and made four All Pro teams and was named to the NFL's all 2000's team.

The six-time Pro Bowler, who also spent time with the Oakland Raiders in his career, was inducted into the Vikings' Ring of Honor this past season during the opener against the New Orleans Saints and U.S. Bank Stadium. The only thing that is left for the Vikings to do is to retire his No. 84, which could wind up happening after his Hall of Fame enshrinement. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Randy-Moss-Pro-Football-Hall-of-Fame-bust-gets-sneak-peek-118133414

Edited by vike daddy

It’s essentially unheard of to see a “FREE” box at Bud Grant’s garage sale, but fans Friday evening could walk away with a memento from the legendary coach’s residence without spending a cent.

Or should I say, scent?

Plenty of unique items make their way onto tables at Grant’s garage sale each spring. The unique item that most drew my attention this year, however, was a cardboard box filled with travel-sized shampoo bottles and individually wrapped bars of soap.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Fans-Clean-Up-on-Merchandise-at-Bud-Grants-Garage-Sale/028581a6-0726-4f6c-8f7a-5575fa445711

14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Wonder if Bud will outlive Sid

Since he's 7 years younger, it's quite possible.  The bigger question is which ex-Vikings coach will live longer, Bud or Jerry?  They're only 4 months apart in age.  

Two years ago, I walked into Hall of Fame Head Coach Bud Grant’s office for what I believed would be a brief interview and story for Vikings.com.

What I thought would be a conversation about one letter, written by Grant in response to a young fan in 1977, soon turned into so much more. Grant opened a file drawer in his office, and along with it, a glimpse into the love and respect he received, from writers of all ages and across the country, during his time at the helm.

Check out the Introduction for more about my interview with Grant, and stay tuned over the coming weeks as Vikings.com unveils the five chapters in our “Letters to Bud” content series.

The Intro: http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Letters-to-Bud-Chapter-1-The-Intro/84187919-7d7f-4a9a-b300-4680181d4760

Chapter 2: http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Letters-to-Bud-Chapter-2-National-Notoriety/36be551c-4fa8-433d-8cb5-6c8939412940

as someone who was fortunate enough to watch Bud in real time in the 70's, i'll tell you one of his finest moments was when he walked coatless from midfield in the super cold playoff game against the Seahawks.

Bud didn't do a lot of obvious "up yours" kind of things, but he did that day. at age 88.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

as someone who was fortunate enough to watch Bud in real time in the 70's, i'll tell you one of his finest moments was when he walked coatless from midfield in the super cold playoff game against the Seahawks.

Bud didn't do a lot of obvious "up yours" kind of things, but he did that day. at age 88.

I remember his ice blue eyes that never seemed to even blink.  He was always completely aware of everything happening on the field...on the sideline...in the stands...in the booth...and at the beer stand!!!  It's time to go out and get a Super Bowl win and let Bud hold it... on a float... in Minneapolis... during the Super Bowl parade... while he wears a short sleeve shirt... in -5 degree weather!!!

Edited by Guest