Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Today it's now been 33 years since the infamous Herschel Walker trade...he probably wishes he could be traded out of his current situation right now.  

Why would he wish he could be traded out of his current situation? Is there reason to believe that he is doing something other than what he wants to be doing?

• Like 1

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

I talked to unsigned free agent and former #Vikings star defensive end Everson Griffen. I asked if he hopes to play again in the NFL. “I just have no comment on that. Right now, I’m just focusing on my mental health and that has gone well. That’s the only comment I’ve got.”

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

I talked to unsigned free agent and former #Vikings star defensive end Everson Griffen. I asked if he hopes to play again in the NFL. “I just have no comment on that. Right now, I’m just focusing on my mental health and that has gone well. That’s the only comment I’ve got.”

He ain't playing again.  It'd be nice in the future if he could find some capacity to contribute to the organization off the field, but there's no way he's ever playing for any NFL team.  He's 34 years old with a history of mental health issues.    

On 10/12/2022 at 9:45 AM, swede700 said:

Today it's now been 33 years since the infamous Herschel Walker trade...he probably wishes he could be traded out of his current situation right now.  

Honestly it probably won't matter much, and it really shouldn't.

I was just thinking about this trade, and by today's standard, a 27 year old RB will probably go for a 5th round pick. 

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

There's no way I'm trading Dalvin for a 5th round pick.

I personally wouldn't trade him either, just because there's no chance they'd get fair trade value at this point.  They'll just need to ride the string out with him and see if they can renegotiate his deal after the season, since $14M for what will be a 28-yr old RB is probably not something that will be tolerable.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I personally wouldn't trade him either, just because there's no chance they'd get fair trade value at this point.  They'll just need to ride the string out with him and see if they can renegotiate his deal after the season, since $14M for what will be a 28-yr old RB is probably not something that will be tolerable.  

Exactly, he's worth more to us at the moment. Going to be some interesting conversations with a few veterans this offseason.

Sunday was a low point in Kevin Stefanski's tenure. Cleveland's coach had an incredibly rough outing when it came to game management and play-calling, botching an end-of-half sequence in which he called two passes with just a yard to gain and two timeouts in his pocket. Things grew worse from there, with Stefanski strangely abandoning the run against the league's 22nd-ranked rush defense early in the second half in an 11-point game. Instead of exercising patience and trusting the NFL's leading rusher, Nick Chubb, entering the weekend, Stefanski repeatedly looked to Jacoby Brissett -- who struggled through his worst outing as a Brown, turning the ball over three times -- to attempt to spark the offense. The results were predictable, and even when a couple of fantastic catches helped the Browns reach the end zone, Stefanski made another puzzling call by going for two instead of taking the extra point to preserve a one-score difference.

Stefanski's team is playing uninspired and disorganized football, and against the legendary Bill Belichick, the difference in coaching was obvious. It might also be the beginning of a steep descent for the Browns, who have now lost three straight games.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-6-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games