Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

19 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Hill was decent T depth when with the Vikings. I don't know his story with the Redskins, but I wouldn't mind having him back...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/08/minor-nfl-transactions-8-23-22

He has no history with the current regime, so that'd be unlikely...especially since Blake Brandel will probably be the new Hill...it also helps that he's only 25 and Hill is 30.    It also looks like Hill only signed with them less than a month ago, so he was probably always just a camp body.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Chris Herndon and Jaleel Johnson were also cut. Same with AJ Rose.

AJ Rose is the only one of those that I wouldn't mind the team bringing back, but I don't see how there is room for him on the roster. I wouldn't cut any of our top five backs (including Ham in there) for him. I would consider a practice squad spot for him if he is still available then. RBs get hurt a lot so it isn't bad to have an extra learning the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

AJ Rose is the only one of those that I wouldn't mind the team bringing back, but I don't see how there is room for him on the roster. I wouldn't cut any of our top five backs (including Ham in there) for him. I would consider a practice squad spot for him if he is still available then. RBs get hurt a lot so it isn't bad to have an extra learning the system.

I like AJ Rose, but agree that he's certainly not better than any of the 5 we already have on roster.  Herndon and Jaleel are just terrible.  

On 8/25/2022 at 7:03 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Chris Herndon and Jaleel Johnson were also cut. Same with AJ Rose.

I had such high hopes for Jaleel. He was a beast at Iowa. Herndon was one of the biggest wastes of a draft pick ever; I can't believe the Jets were able to swindle a 4th rounder out of Rick. Rose is a good player, but he was no room on this team, unfortunately. We are just too loaded at RB

• Like 1