Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

3 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

He is probably not the answer either.

Why? What’s been wrong with the structure and design of Denver’s passing game? Plays are designed to scheme open looks and easy reads, and they are getting those easy reads, and players are getting open. That’s Kubiak’s job. The failure has been the complete embarrassment that has been Russell Wilson. 

I’m not sure when or why people decided that Klint Kubiak was a bad coach. Or if it’s just people trying to any and every shot they can at former coaches because it’s the cool thing to do. Kubiak was a rock solid position coach while he was here, and given what we’ve learned about the previous head coach over the past 6 months, relatively speaking, Kubiak did a dang good job for his first year as a coordinator. 

Edited by SemperFeist

From what I've understood, I agree with Semper.  The receivers have been open, Russ isn't getting it to them.  That ain't Kubiak's fault. I never had a huge problem with Kubiak's coordinating.  Sure, it was clear he was still learning, but it certainly wasn't the Vikings' offense that lost games over his year as OC.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Peter King: "I still don’t know the real story of Miami quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s removal from the Dolphins’ game at the Jets after one offensive snap. In the irony of ironies, Bridgewater, Tagovailoa’s backup, was tackled hard on Miami’s first play and left the game for the locker room. He never returned. We were told the injury spotter in the press box saw in Bridgewater some ataxia; the QB was somehow unstable, per the spotter. In accord with the 20-hour-old NFL rule about motor instability—the rule that came into effect at 5 p.m. ET Saturday—Bridgewater was ruled out for the game. Maybe Bridgewater did stumble, but we never saw it. The Dolphins never saw it. CBS replays never showed it. ESPN reported he passed all concussion tests, but it didn’t matter. Bridgewater, after one snap, was finished."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/fmia-week-5-taysom-hill-giants-peter-king-fmia-week-5/

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Peter King: "I still don’t know the real story of Miami quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s removal from the Dolphins’ game at the Jets after one offensive snap. In the irony of ironies, Bridgewater, Tagovailoa’s backup, was tackled hard on Miami’s first play and left the game for the locker room. He never returned. We were told the injury spotter in the press box saw in Bridgewater some ataxia; the QB was somehow unstable, per the spotter. In accord with the 20-hour-old NFL rule about motor instability—the rule that came into effect at 5 p.m. ET Saturday—Bridgewater was ruled out for the game. Maybe Bridgewater did stumble, but we never saw it. The Dolphins never saw it. CBS replays never showed it. ESPN reported he passed all concussion tests, but it didn’t matter. Bridgewater, after one snap, was finished."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/fmia-week-5-taysom-hill-giants-peter-king-fmia-week-5/

This and the Brady "roughing the passer" call from yesterday are huge overreactions. If this continues, we could be in for a lot more really ugly football games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

This and the Brady "roughing the passer" call from yesterday are huge overreactions. If this continues, we could be in for a lot more really ugly football games.

if you follow that link, King references a NFL executive yesterday calling the day "Overreaction Sunday."

you iz smart guy again.

• Like 1

After giving up 202 rushing yards to the Falcons in Week Four, the Browns were gashed for 238 more by the Chargers in Sunday’s 30-28 loss. Defensive end Myles Garrett said that the defenders need to “really take pride” in their jobs in order for the Browns to get the kind of results they want on that side of the ball.

Kevin Stefanski: “It is my responsibility to get this fixed. I do know this, I’ve seen these players, these coaches, this group play winning football. We’ve got to go do it. Very easy for me to say it, us to say it . . . we’ve got to go do it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/kevin-stefanski-its-my-responsibility-to-get-defense-fixed/

that ought to fix it.