Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

On 6/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, NoDakViking said:

Pinkney was a highly regarded prospect at one point wasn't he?

I suppose it's possible, although I've never heard of the guy.  The only Pinkney I know is Ed Pinckney...the old NBA guy.  

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Woah, I know I'm out of the loop but he is pretty young, right? He was pretty good while he was here. Did he just flame out? 

Surprisingly, he actually turns 30 next month...so, he's not real young.  But, he has suffered several injuries over the past couple of years, so he probably thinks that it's best to just hang it up at this point.

Waynes: “I mean it’s open but I’m not really exploring anything to be honest with you. Multiple teams have actually called, but in my head I’m done. I’m not officially doing it, I’d say, just because I don’t do that ****. I’m retired, but it’s not like I announced it or anything.”

Waynes was drafted by the Vikings and spent five seasons playing for the team before signing with the Bengals in 2020. He missed that year with a pectoral injury and only played five games last year because of a hamstring injury. He was released by the Bengals earlier this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/20/trae-waynes-in-my-head-im-done-playing/

I so badly wish we would've drafted his kid.

I guess Safety wasn't as big a need back then, until we saw that Anthony Harris would have a major dropoff in play from his stellar 2019 season.

I just don't think Zimmer/Spielman knew what they were doing with drafting CBs so high. Waynes, Alexander, Hughes and Gladney were okay but that's about it.

4 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Another player that, if he had been a Cowboy or Steeler, would be going to Canton.

No he wouldn’t. Let’s not act like the Cowboys or Steelers, or any team has been over represented in Canton over the past 25 years. 

Antoine Winfield falls on that list of really, really good, but he was not a HOF caliber player. Winfield was never at the level of guys like Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, or Ty Law who are his peers that have been inducted recently. Ronde Barber is still waiting for induction, and while he was closer to Winfield in ability, he was still better.