Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I honestly wonder where he’d be ranked/viewed amongst the greats had he won just one super bowl? 

Tark, upon retiring, led the NFL in all the major passing categories. his record for total yards help for quite some time until passed BY Marino. then Favre, then Manning.

so that's the level he was at, relative to his peers he played with,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Tark, upon retiring, led the NFL in all the major passing categories. his record for total yards help for quite some time until passed BY Marino. then Favre, then Manning.

so that's the level he was at, relative to his peers he played with,

Well aware of that.

But despite where he ranked statistically when he retired, he’s still not considered one of the all time greats by the general football thinkers. He’s usually not listed in people’s top 10 lists. Whereas quarterbacks of his era who did go on to win a super bowl or two, regularly show up on those lists. 

The same can be said for Dan Marino. Marino could very easily be argued as the best QB of the 80s and 90s, yet he’s generally an after thought with guys like Montana, Elway, Aikman, Favre, and even Young dominating that discussion. 

Marcus Epps is ascending in Philly. They could have a pair of former Vikings starting for them this year of Epps gets the job opposite Anthony Harris.

This entry at ProFootballRumors references the Atlantic in suggesting Epps may be in line to start for the Eagles:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/06/eagles-s-marcus-epps-in-line-for-starting-spot

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Marcus Epps is ascending in Philly. They could have a pair of former Vikings starting for them this year of Epps gets the job opposite Anthony Harris.

This entry at ProFootballRumors references the Atlantic in suggesting Epps may be in line to start for the Eagles:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/06/eagles-s-marcus-epps-in-line-for-starting-spot

That could be possibly, but not sure he is the SS type where Harris is more the FS type like Epps.  But there is not much competition for the spot so for sure he could win it.  K'Von Wallace is ok but was not as productive as Epps and did not play nearly as much last year, Reed Blankenship could surprise some people and is a little more physical but has a long ways to go and Kary Vincent Jr I think could play FS maybe with his great speed but might be more of a slot type guy, is worth a look at safety though.

Easy to forget how great the Eagles have done in terms of improving their D.  Got Jordan Davis with the 1st round pick and that guy could be a flat out star in the NFL if he keeps up his conditioning level which I think he will, especially with those two great DTs to learn from ahead of him in Cox and Hargrave two of the best in the NFL, they also have Milton Williams who is a promising young DT and Marvin Wilson.  If those guys all play well they could have the best group of DTs in the NFL no question about it.

Then they got Nakobe Dean as a steal in the 3rd, he could start for them and be a great player, and all their LBs can run, brought in Kyzir White who can fly around and make plays, very impactful player and Haason Reddick is a stud and had 11 sacks last year and can really get after the QB.  They also brought in James Bradberry who is a proven vet corner and will help them opposite Slay.

They also drafted a solid backup developmental center in Cam Jurgens who could come in if Kelce gets hurt with his age, and oh yeah got AJ Brown as well.

Eagles have had one hell of an off season.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Absolutely wild. Beavers will get a retirement package from the NFL now, I believe.

It depends...the only time he has ever spent any time on the actual active roster (and the only 2 actual games he's ever played in) was his rookie year here in 2016.  He's only been on practice squads since then.  The expansion and rules changes of the practice squad were a godsend for him.  

• Like 1

Quarterback Case Keenum has bounced around since entering the league as an undrafted free agent back in 2012. But after two years with Cleveland, he’s now found himself competing to be Josh Allen’s backup with Buffalo.

Keenum: “Honestly, to have a team come get you and not get released and go sign somewhere, they wanted me, they traded for me. It feels great to have a team like this, the caliber of players, the talent on the team, the type of offense they run, what Josh has been able to do. To be able to come and learn and grow my game and get myself out of my comfort zone and learn some new offense has been really good. I’ve enjoyed it a lot."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/17/case-keenum-it-feels-great-to-have-a-team-like-this-trade-for-you/

trade was a 7th round pick, but hey....

• Like 1