Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Just now, Captain Relax said:

I see him still being more reliable a ball catcher then Hockenson. 

probably in practice, but Hockenson is going to be the #2 option here for the foreseeable future. Most of Thielen's value in MN would have been in the low redzone - and it feels like that's something they need, but the turnovers have been so weird we haven't been able to see this offense get into a real flow yet.

Jefferson and Hock are accounting for like 50% of the targets overall, though. I don't think Thielen would have put a dent in that.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

probably in practice, but Hockenson is going to be the #2 option here for the foreseeable future. Most of Thielen's value in MN would have been in the low redzone - and it feels like that's something they need, but the turnovers have been so weird we haven't been able to see this offense get into a real flow yet.

Jefferson and Hock are accounting for like 50% of the targets overall, though. I don't think Thielen would have put a dent in that.

Maybe it's just that I have doubts about Hockenson and what we've paid him.  I think he's taken a step backwards in this offense, plus he seems to go down after first contact a lot.

6 games into the 2023 NFL season, former Vikings WRs Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are currently tied for the second-most catches in the league (49).

VikingAge.com

Thielen because he's their only credible receiver, Diggs because he whines if he doesn't get the ball enough.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Given our depth at the position (or lack thereof), I would!

I don't.  I think guys like Booth, Blackmon, Evans and Murphy need to get all the snaps they can.  There's a reason that Williams was on the practice squad to begin with. 

• Like 4