Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Kyle Rudolph had a long career and was a solid player for the Vikings for a decade. He called it a career according to Ari Meirov on X: “Former Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph is retiring from the NFL after 12 seasons, he told Peter King."

A 2nd-round pick in 2011, Rudolph spent 10 years with Minnesota and the final two with the New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Rudolph will now be joining the media, working as a Big Ten analyst at Peacock while also co-hosting a show on FOX Sports radio on Sunday nights.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/longtime-viking?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 2

Panthers at Falcons Injury Report:

The Panthers will not have WR DJ Chark (hamstring) and may be without WR Adam Thielen (ankle) after listing him as questionable.

Falcons CB Jeff Okudah (foot) will not play. RB Cordarrelle Patterson (thigh) and WR KhaDarel Hodge (ankle) have a shot to play after being listed as questionable.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-2023-week-1-injury-report-roundup-packers-rams-shorthanded-at-wide-receiver

Former NFL TE Kyle Rudolph shared a few insights about his team around Tom Brady on the Bucs last season. Rudolph says that Brady had an empty locker next to him, where other players would put helmets, jerseys, pictures, footballs, all the stuff they wanted Tom to sign for them.

Rudolph: "There’d be notes on the stuff, a post-it note on a football—‘Sign this for Jimmy, it’s his birthday.’ At the end of the day, almost every day, he’d sit there and sign everything. My experience with Tom was incredible. First, the way he treated people. The way he treated the Glazer family is exactly the way he treated the janitor at 6:30 at night when he and maybe one or two other guys were the last players in the building."

• Like 5

Adam Thielen has caught nine passes for just 66 yards and a touchdown, and he has struggled to create separation from opposing defenses, averaging just 7.3 yards per reception, by far his career-low. He is on pace for just 564 receiving yards this year, which would be his lowest total since the 2019 season when he played just 10 games

Dalvin Cook has totaled 17 carries through two weeks that have totaled only 40 yards. This has resulted in an average of just 2.4 yards per carry. Meanwhile, Breece Hall has averaged 9.7 yards per carry in the same offense.

Through two games, Patrick Peterson has been targeted 10 times, allowing six receptions for 92 yards and a pair of touchdowns. His opposing passer rating of 130.0 ranks 63rd among 74 CBs to play at least 50% of their team’s coverage snaps.

https://purpleptsd.com/2023/vikings/opinion/former-vikings-starters-2/

Kyle Rudolph: "I joked around a few times that you look around at my career, and that's what I was. Obviously, I spent the majority of my career here. It meant everything for me. I had the opportunity to go play for two other organizations, but just what this organization means to me … it's far more than an organization and a team; it's a family. The Wilfs were always very adamant, especially after my time here was over, that I was always a member of this family."

https://www.vikings.com/news/chargers-week3-final-thoughts?fbclid=IwAR2zLtj45CmPYD9YcpsQIt5Knltl-E_4qhrXtbE-qj6Yof1t4eYtZCUveSo

Percy Harvin enjoyed a successful NFL career that lasted eight seasons. During that time, the electric wide receiver and return man won a Super Bowl title, Offensive Rookie of the Year award and was selected to one Pro Bowl.

While taking some time to reflect on his career, Harvin made an interesting admission:

"There's not a game I played in that I wasn't high. That's what I want the world to kind of see today. It's not a stigma, and people doing it and getting in a whole bunch of trouble. It's people that's just living regular life that's got deficiencies or just may want to enjoy themselves."

https://thespun.com/nfl/former-florida-star-percy-harvin-says-he-smoked-weed-before-every-nfl-game

• Like 1

Kyle Rudolph: "I'm filled with a mixture of emotions as I stand up here today because I never really got this far in my dreams. I never really envisioned what the end would be like, and today, I officially get to retire as a Minnesota Viking. Closing the chapter on a journey that has meant everything to me. From the moment I put on the purple and gold, I knew I was a part of something special. The Minnesota Vikings are not just a team; they're a family. Together, we've laughed, we've cried, we've triumphed, and we've faced adversity."

vikings.com

• Like 1

Another week to mention how bad Zach Wilson has been for the Jets in his two starts, but the rushing attack has been affected because of his poor play. The Jets have just 102 rushing yards in Wilson's two starts, including a dismal 38 against the Patriots. Breece Hall has just 16 carries for 27 yards in the two games while Dalvin Cook has only 12 carries for 25 yards. Combined the two have averaged just 1.86 yards per carry in Wilson's starts.

Wilson has been dreadful, but so has the running game as a result. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-thing-we-learned-about-each-nfl-team-in-week-3-dolphins-run-better-than-pass-cowboys-major-weakness/?fbclid=IwAR1e0uow0HKc35gwd-2J0r6Jkw9jXDvu8XmyGkvuxUT3TDKTdfBuCT7B1Hs