Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

C.J. Ham is set to play in his 100th NFL game, becoming the fourth undrafted offensive player in Vikings history to join the century club, along with Mick Tingelhoff (240), Leo Lewis (140) and Adam Thielen (135).

Ham, Thielen and Marcus Sherels (123) are the only three undrafted Minnesota natives to play at least 100 games for the Vikings.

https://www.vikings.com/news/panthers-week4-final-thoughts?fbclid=IwAR2J0c4hhueAtQCUluo_8ykgA2qXIzvCW4WAlgsvH6FI6Oo4nrJR4VfcmaM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With Anthony Richardson out awhile, the Colts worked out four quarterbacks Tuesday. Kellen Mond won the tryout.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports the Colts will sign Mond to their practice squad. The team also worked out Ian Book, Holton Ahlers and Trace McSorley.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-colts-to-sign-kellen-mond-to-practice-squad

Panthers wide receiver Adam Thielen is having a tremendous season. If only the same could be said for anyone else on Carolina’s offense.

Thielen caught 11 passes for 115 yards and a touchdown in Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins, giving him 49 catches for 509 yards on the season. That means that at the age of 33, Thielen is on pace for 139 catches and 1,442 receiving yards, both of which would be career highs.

Unfortunately for the Panthers, the rest of the offense can’t get much going. Thielen is over 500 yards and no other receiving on the team has even 200 receiving yards. Thielen has 49 catches and no other receiver on the team has more than 16. Thielen is a one-man gang in the Panthers’ receiving corps.

At 0-6, the Panthers are the worst team in the NFL, and they’re probably going to be playing from behind plenty this season, which means throwing the ball a lot and giving Thielen plenty of opportunities. Thielen is likely to finish the season with the best numbers he’s ever had, on what might be the worst team he’s ever played on.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/adam-thielen-having-a-career-year-in-an-otherwise-ugly-panthers-passing-game

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Panthers wide receiver Adam Thielen is having a tremendous season. If only the same could be said for anyone else on Carolina’s offense.

Thielen caught 11 passes for 115 yards and a touchdown in Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins, giving him 49 catches for 509 yards on the season. That means that at the age of 33, Thielen is on pace for 139 catches and 1,442 receiving yards, both of which would be career highs.

Unfortunately for the Panthers, the rest of the offense can’t get much going. Thielen is over 500 yards and no other receiving on the team has even 200 receiving yards. Thielen has 49 catches and no other receiver on the team has more than 16. Thielen is a one-man gang in the Panthers’ receiving corps.

At 0-6, the Panthers are the worst team in the NFL, and they’re probably going to be playing from behind plenty this season, which means throwing the ball a lot and giving Thielen plenty of opportunities. Thielen is likely to finish the season with the best numbers he’s ever had, on what might be the worst team he’s ever played on.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/adam-thielen-having-a-career-year-in-an-otherwise-ugly-panthers-passing-game

Yeah...I  think the Vikings might have been wrong about Thielen. Don't get me wrong, drafting Addison was the right move. However, if Thielen were playing in the slot and KO would be the number 4 WR...that would be a receiving Corp that would rival anyone in the league. Cousins trusted Thielen like no other receiver he ever had.  Is part of Kirk's regression related to missing Adam???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Relax said:

Yeah...I  think the Vikings might have been wrong about Thielen. Don't get me wrong, drafting Addison was the right move. However, if Thielen were playing in the slot and KO would be the number 4 WR...that would be a receiving Corp that would rival anyone in the league. Cousins trusted Thielen like no other receiver he ever had.  Is part of Kirk's regression related to missing Adam???

Nope, sorry. He still would have cost too much for what he would have brought to the table in this offense. His production this year is a product of being the only reliable weapon in CAR, and he's really lost a step. Can't pay Thielen at his number to be the 4th option here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Nope, sorry. He still would have cost too much for what he would have brought to the table in this offense. His production this year is a product of being the only reliable weapon in CAR, and he's really lost a step. Can't pay Thielen at his number to be the 4th option here.

My thought is that he’d be the third option as the slot, chain mover guy, that Kirk trusts more than Osborne.  But you are probably correct that his contract would've been an obstacle. I am glad he's been successful in Carolina so far. He's a good target for Young and his development. 

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Relax said:

My thought is that he’d be the third option as the slot, chain mover guy, that Kirk trusts more than Osborne.  But you are probably correct that his contract would've been an obstacle. I am glad he's been successful in Carolina so far.

He'd likely be behind JJ, Hock, and Addison here - that's why I said 4th. I think he'd beat Osborn based on what we've seen so far.

Edited by JDBrocks