Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

As I expected...

This really stinks!  I would've considered Marshall more worthy than half of those named in the final 12.  Also, why in the hell are owners being considered Hall of Fame candidates.  There isn't one owner that contributed to the game in a significant enough way that also didn't play or coach in the league.  Art Rooney?  Robert Kraft?  Big whoop!!!  So, they new how to pay salaries to good coaches and good players.  🙄

For the record, I liked some of the finalists, but guys like Albert Lewis and Steve McMichael had no business making the finalist list over Marshall.  And why is Maxie Baughan a finalist when Gradishar already is?

Does Art Powell's one game and one catch as a Viking his last year count as one of us?  😉

If I'm going to pick 3 out of the finalist list though, it has to be Gradishar, Otis Taylor and Sterling Sharpe (as much as I hated him being a Packer, he killed us constantly and if it weren't for his significant neck injury would have gone onto pile up records, especially if Favre would have had him for longer).

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

This really stinks!  I would've considered Marshall more worthy than half of those named in the final 12.  Also, why in the hell are owners being considered Hall of Fame candidates.  There isn't one owner that contributed to the game in a significant enough way that also didn't play or coach in the league.  Art Rooney?  Robert Kraft?  Big whoop!!!  So, they new how to pay salaries to good coaches and good players.  🙄

I don't quite understand owners either unless they truly had some significant legacy, like a Lamar Hunt, Paul Brown, Art Rooney, Sr (the grandfather of the one mentioned above), George Halas, or Al Davis...but guys like Jerry Jones have no business being in the HoF (which he is now) because they didn't do anything significant to the game itself.  Same with Kraft. Art Rooney II?  We already have his dad (Dan) and his granddad in the HoF...and he hasn't made a unique contribution to the game that is deserving. 

As far as the group that are finalists in that category, if I have to pick 3, it'd be Marty (Marty-ball extraordinaire and one of the least appreciated coaches for his impact on the game), Clark Shaughnessy (father of the T-formation and the forward pass...and "One of Us") and Lloyd Wells, the AFL Chiefs' scout who brought Buck Buchanan, Otis Taylor, Emmitt Thomas and Willie Lanier to the Chiefs, forcing the NFL to up the ante on recruiting black players from small colleges.   

21 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s bad enough getting cut by 3 different teams during the season, but there’s a serious red flag flying when a guy gets cut by 3 different teams before any type of football is being played. 

Sadly, his NFL career is probably over. 

That really sounds like a mental health issue. We know the talent is there. 

Stefanski:  “I think Kellen’s done a great job. There was a period of just getting to know him early in the season last year. So he’s done everything we’ve asked him to do. I’ve been very impressed with him both in the meeting room and on the practice field. And the fun part for our players, as you know, is to play these games. So I think Kellen’s excited about the opportunity.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kellen-mond-will-start-hall-of-fame-game-for-browns