Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

He's selfish, immature, and a bad teammate. 

I'm just always confused by what his endgame is?  What's his point in doing such things?  He's already paid a bunch of money (3rd highest cash payout this year for WRs).  He gets the lion-share of targets (42.5% last year) and he's on a team that's in a handful of teams capable of winning the Super Bowl.  Is he just bored like a troublesome teenager and wants to drum up some drama to keep himself interested/motivated? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm just always confused by what his endgame is?  What's his point in doing such things?  He's already paid a bunch of money (3rd highest cash payout this year for WRs).  He gets the lion-share of targets (42.5% last year) and he's on a team that's in a handful of teams capable of winning the Super Bowl.  Is he just bored like a troublesome teenager and wants to drum up some drama to keep himself interested/motivated? 

I think he probably has bad people in his ear. His brother down in Dallas encourages and assists in his behavior, and will likely follow Stefon's example. 

I don't think it's about roster construction. It might be he wants even more targets. It's probably about him thinking he should, at all times, be the highest paid receiver in the league...even when he willingly signed a contract last season that he and his agent negotiated and agreed to.  

In a striking change in tone from his comments yesterday, Bills head coach Sean McDermott said today that wide receiver Stefon Diggs is participating in mandatory minicamp, that yesterday’s absence was excused, and the team and player are on the same page.

McDermott: “There are a lot of things out there that aren’t accurate. Let me be clear: Stef did everything that he was asked to do. He was here Monday, he executed his physical on time. Stef reported yesterday, Tuesday, and reported for meetings, at which time we had a great conversation, great communication. We got to a point yesterday where we just felt like we all needed a break and some space. So I gave Stef permission to get some space and head out, and then picked up those conversations after practice. So let me make it clear, it was not Stef leaving unexcused. He was excused by me. And so those conversations got us to what I think and believe is a great spot.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/14/sean-mcdermott-stefon-diggs-has-done-everything-asked-of-him-were-in-a-great-spot/

so... everything's fine, but they needed a break and space from each other...

uh huh...

Tight end Zach Davidson’s bid to make the Bills came to an end on Wednesday.

The NFL’s daily transaction wire shows that the Bills have placed Davidson on injured reserve. He won’t be eligible to be activated later this year and can only return to play in 2023 if he’s released with an injury settlement.

Davidson was a Vikings fifth-round pick in 2021 and failed to make the team out of training camp. He returned to their practice squad, but was waived again last year and spent the season on Buffalo’s practice squad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/14/bills-put-zach-davidson-on-injured-reserve/

At first glance it’s hard to see how the Bills could get Diggs more opportunities. His stats last year all ranked in the top five in the NFL — 154 targets, 108 catches, 1,429 yards, and 11 touchdowns. Since joining the Bills for the 2020 season, Diggs is top six in all of those stats, and his 484 targets rank second behind only Davante Adams.

But a closer look does reveal a few reasons for Diggs to be upset. Over the last six games in 2023, including two playoff games, Diggs caught just one touchdown pass and averaged a meager 63 receiving yards. per game. In the playoff loss to the Bengals, a listless, blowout defeat at home, Diggs had just four catches for 35 yards.

Diggs may not have connected as well with new offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey after thriving for two years with former coordinator Brian Daboll.

Both sides need each other. Diggs will have a hard time finding a better situation than the one he has in Buffalo, where the Bills are one of the top Super Bowl contenders, his quarterback is one of the best in the game, and the team appears committed to feeding him the ball.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/06/17/sports/stefon-diggs-bills/?event=event12