Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

I was wrong about Diggs. I thought he was just being his usual self with the cryptic tweets and what not. He really is a headcase.

Let's revisit that trade that sent Diggs from Minnesota to Buffalo...is it still a win-win for both teams, or is there a firm winner here?

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let's revisit that trade that sent Diggs from Minnesota to Buffalo...is it still a win-win for both teams, or is there a firm winner here?

we have Jefferson, they have... a 2nd round pick next year...?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we have Jefferson, they have... a 2nd round pick next year...?

but then, from a cost standpoint, JJ is going to be a drain on our cash resources for several years to come, while the Bills will hope to get a replacement at a much lower price.

more and more, i'm open to trading JJ, but no one would give us what he's worth.

• Like 2

Brett Whitefield@BGWhitefield

91 players ran at least 200 routes from Week 8 onward.

Stefon Diggs ranks per @FantasyPtsData:
52nd in YPRR (1.55)
52nd in 1st downs per route run (0.077)

This despite still ranking top 12 in target share. Serious regression on tape + locker room concerns.

Brett Whitefield@BGWhitefield

Buffalo eating 30m in a win now window to trade one of their best players away, albeit a descending player, is very telling. Likely not the slam dunk for Houston people are thinking.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

but then, from a cost standpoint, JJ is going to be a drain on our cash resources for several years to come, while the Bills will hope to get a replacement at a much lower price.

more and more, i'm open to trading JJ, but no one would give us what he's worth.

The other part I was thinking of was that Diggs did play 4 years at Buffalo, which is a pretty common amount of time before a contract expires. They got a full contract's value out of him...kind of.

But then, they gave him an extension and are still paying him a good amount of money I believe.

So, at one time this might have been a win-win but it looks like we ended up winning the trade. 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i grew up between Chicago (Bears) and St Louis (Cardinals were there then) so should have been a fan of one of those teams, but chose the Vikings right away.

I grew up in Richmond, VA where most people are die hard Washington fans...same is true where I currently live...60 miles from DC.  My dad grew up in Virginia as a Bears fan because they were rivals of the Redskins in the days of Sammy Baugh and Sid Luckman.  I picked the Vikings in the Joe Kapp era because they beat Chicago and Washington...and they weren't Dallas.  So, some people follow teams just to annoy the majority!!🤣🤣

• Like 3

On 4/3/2024 at 4:39 PM, swede700 said:

It's no wonder he was punching people in his 80s.

I also know that Fred MacNeil and Matt Blair also died with CTE. Do we know of other Vikings greats who have suffered because of the game?