Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Somewhere former Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams has to be thinking, "Whom must I run over to get in a Hall-of-Fame discussion?" Because, up to this point, running over guards, running backs and quarterbacks hasn't been enough.

That's what Williams did for 13 NFL seasons, yet it has yet to get him Canton's attention.

https://talkoffametwo.com/nfl/state-your-case-kevin-williams

• Like 1

As a defensive player, if you don’t have a Super Bowl ring, good luck getting into the Hall of Fame. It’s going to be a long wait. Especially for a position like defensive tackle. 

Edited by SemperFeist

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

As a defensive player, if you don’t have a Super Bowl ring, good luck getting into the Hall of Fame. It’s going to be a long wait. Especially for a position like defensive tackle. 

Sometimes I hate the reasons you give...I don't doubt that they are true...butbit goes to show that often Hall of Fame voters can be pretty damn shallow.

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

grew up in north central Montana, that would be the closest team.

Having never lived in a place that didn't have a pro team nearby (Minneapolis, Seattle, and now KC), I always find it interesting how those that didn't pick their teams...Leaf said he was a Steelers fan, and if I recall correctly, Ben Leber, who grew up in SD, was a Redskins fan. 

A chiropractor I recently went to grew up in Iowa and he said most people he knew were Packers fans, but he's a Vikings fan.  We generally spent most of my time talking about the offseason.  😂

Edited by swede700

What's amusing is that now this season Stefon Diggs now gets to go up against the Vikings, Buffalo and Dallas!  The only one missing is Atlanta, but unfortunately that probably won't happen until 2027...and he'll have worked his way off Houston's roster by then, if all goes according to form. 

• Like 2