Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-nfl-running-backs-of-alll-time/

That's a fair list...although I personally would put Barry Sanders ahead of Walter Payton...but I can't make a huge fuss about it. 

Tomlinson is 3 spots too low. And there’s absolutely zero reason that he should be behind Peterson. On any list. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Tomlinson is 3 spots too low. And there’s absolutely zero reason that he should be behind Peterson. On any list. 

I can see that argument, but as far as I'm concerned Adrian was the better runner...LDT was just better at everything else.  (I still will never call him LT, because there is only one LT)

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can see that argument, but as far as I'm concerned Adrian was the better runner...LDT was just better at everything else.  (I still will never call him LT, because there is only one LT)

I’m not even sure I’d call Peterson the better runner. And everything else matters. Especially given the era of football they played in. 

Adrian Peterson was a great runner. There’s no denying that. But the fact that he needed to come off the field on 3rd down as often as he did, I’m not sure I can put him on a top 10 list. 

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not even sure I’d call Peterson the better runner. And everything else matters. Especially given the era of football they played in. 

Adrian Peterson was a great runner. There’s no denying that. But the fact that he needed to come off the field on 3rd down as often as he did, I’m not sure I can put him on a top 10 list. 

That's crazy.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

That's crazy.

Yeah, he's clearly in the top 5-6 as far as I'm concerned, because when it comes to RBs and how they'll be remembered historically, it'll be the running part, not the other things. I know Payton was an excellent blocker, but I don't recall Barry Sanders' ability, although I'm certain he was at least good. And we have no idea about Jim Brown because they didn't pass all that often...in fact, he often ran the ball more than their QB even threw passes. The blocking ability means little in the pantheon of RB history...we only know how bad AD was at it because we experienced it on a regular basis. Others really probably have no idea.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

After signing a one-year deal with the 49ers in March, Josh Dobbs is unlikely to get significant playing time in 2024. But he is in a position to become the team’s backup if he wins the job over fellow veteran Brandon Allen.

Quarterbacks coach Brian Griese: “Josh has played a lot of football, and he’s been in some really unique situations in the last couple of years where he was put under duress, both physically and mentally. He was able to go out and to play at a level that was winning football for the organizations that he was playing for."

“And so that kind of piques your interest, to know that there’s a guy like that that can handle it mentally, that physically, can do it, can play the position, and that is able to garner support quickly from a locker room and gain that respect and go win games in a short amount of time like that. So, a veteran guy that we know can play and has come in and fit in well.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/49ers-see-josh-dobbs-as-a-veteran-guy-that-we-know-can-play

Mike Zimmer acknowledged that the Cowboys’ defense doesn’t need the big overhaul he has sometimes been hired for, but he still wants the players to know that this is his defense and there are going to be changes.

Zimmer: “It’s like I told the defense the first day I got here. I said, this is a different deal for me. Usually when I come in, the defense is not good. You know? They’re pretty darn good .So it’s a little different for me because we have to advance some of the things they were doing good and try to improve on the things they weren’t doing as good. But for the most part they’ve played pretty darn good, and we’re going to try to accentuate that and maybe be a little bit more technique-oriented, maybe a little bit more disciplined. Some of those things. At the end of the day, we’ve got to do it the way I want it done. I know if you try to come in and do somebody else’s thing, it just doesn’t go well.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mike-zimmer-on-cowboys-defense-weve-got-to-do-it-the-way-i-want-it-done

One area where Zimmer failed towards the end of his tenure in Minnesota was that he, and his staff, seemed to struggle to teach the scheme to new players while expectations were high.

And the expectations for Dallas in 2024 seem higher than ever.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 12:51 PM, swede700 said:

Griffen, 36, was booked at Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis at 12:59 a.m. on Wednesday, May 29 and was charged with driving under the influence, careless driving and fifth-degree drug possession, according to jail records.

A state trooper observed Griffen driving a Bentley Bentayga at 82 mph in a 55 mph zone southbound on Interstate 35W before catching up to the vehicle, according to charging documents.

Griffen was pulled over and showed signs of impairment, according to charges. He underwent a field sobriety test and registered a 0.10 blood alcohol level from a preliminary breath test, according to charges. The legal limit in Minnesota is 0.08.

The trooper also found a small vial in Griffen’s back pocket containing what was later confirmed as cocaine, according to the charging documents.

Griffen’s bail was set for $12,000. He remained in custody as of Thursday, May 30. His first appearance in court is scheduled for June 13.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/minnesota-vikings/everson-griffen-arrested-dwi-news-drugs/

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Griffen, 36, was booked at Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis at 12:59 a.m. on Wednesday, May 29 and was charged with driving under the influence, careless driving and fifth-degree drug possession, according to jail records.

A state trooper observed Griffen driving a Bentley Bentayga at 82 mph in a 55 mph zone southbound on Interstate 35W before catching up to the vehicle, according to charging documents.

Griffen was pulled over and showed signs of impairment, according to charges. He underwent a field sobriety test and registered a 0.10 blood alcohol level from a preliminary breath test, according to charges. The legal limit in Minnesota is 0.08.

The trooper also found a small vial in Griffen’s back pocket containing what was later confirmed as cocaine, according to the charging documents.

Griffen’s bail was set for $12,000. He remained in custody as of Thursday, May 30. His first appearance in court is scheduled for June 13.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/minnesota-vikings/everson-griffen-arrested-dwi-news-drugs/

I hope he gets his life back on track.

• Like 3