This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

13 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Dalvin Cook is hot garbage. I said it before the draft. I said it after he had a "breakout" game in week 1 (against what will be a historically bad defense). I'll say it now. I'll say it again repeatedly. I'll say it until he's out of the league in three years. Dude is hot garbage. 

This is strange.  NO has a bad secondary, bad pass coverage, but they did a decent job vs the run and cook still made it happen.  Minnesota is playing a game without their starter and without their backup having enough time to prep for the game.  Pitt has nothing to fear and can simply key on cook when he's in the game... and he's had only a few chances this game to make something happen.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Three years? What did you hate about his college tape?

He is an extremely bad athlete (<10% sparq) running behind an extremely bad Oline. If he was a hard worker and a good guy he might be worth keeping around to stick at the end of a roster but by all accounts he is neither of those. 

I just don't like the guy, his "potential", and I'm prone to hyperbole. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

He is an extremely bad athlete (<10% sparq) running behind an extremely bad Oline. If he was a hard worker and a good guy he might be worth keeping around to stick at the end of a roster but by all accounts he is neither of those. 

Yeah I'm not huge on all that stuff.. He was an unreal college player. I never saw those athletic numbers in college. He's not special but they made him look paralyzed.

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

sparq says he's a bad athlete, but he looked fast turning the corner.  I just don't see it man.  And I like sparq, and other measures of athleticism.  Possible he just tested poorly.

43 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

TJ Watt hurt.

Steelers really screwed up not drafting a guy who can help them early. Should have taken a guy like Kevin King who's healthy. Everyone knew he was an injury risk after college.

I mean King has had two injuries already this season...

Edited by packfanfb

Just now, packfanfb said:

I mean King has had two injurues already this season...

TJ Watt can't help his team this week. He's a bust. Good thing we dodged that bullet.

Lol. If you make a big deal out of a good week and make sweeping judgements on our draft over it then I'm gonna do it too.

Good thing we passed on injury prone Watt. He's already missed HALF his career with injuries.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

sparq says he's a bad athlete, but he looked fast turning the corner.  I just don't see it man.  And I like sparq, and other measures of athleticism.  Possible he just tested poorly.

I can and will be wrong. A LOT. 

To quote a wise man in the completely opposite way. "I just don't see it man."

He did nothing impressive in week one other than getting two really good play calls. Outside runs on inside blitzes vs. a terrible D, where IMO literally every running back in the NFL should get the same results. 70 of his yards came on those. ~20 carries for ~50 yards the rest of the game.

Again. I can and will be wrong A LOT but I see a 3ypc guy there.  He's going to have A LOT of 10-15 carry 10-15 yard stretches. Had one last week. Having one this week.

Long story short.... hot garbage. 

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I can and will be wrong. A LOT. 

To quote a wise man in the completely opposite way. "I just don't see it man."

He did nothing impressive in week one other than getting two really good play calls. Outside runs on inside blitzes vs. a terrible D, where IMO literally every running back in the NFL should get the same results. 70 of his yards came on those. ~20 carries for ~50 yards the rest of the game.

Again. I can and will be wrong A LOT but I see a 3ypc guy there.  He's going to have A LOT of 10-15 carry 10-15 yard stretches. Had one last week. Having one this week.

Long story short.... hot garbage. 

I mean. He's at 5.2 ypc.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I mean. He's at 5.2 ypc.

Shhh, you're not supposed to count the long runs.  If you take away his successful plays, then he's only 3 YPC.  Oh wait, that's every RB ever in the history of the NFL.

@wgbeethree  I'm just messing, but let's give him 8 games before making a NFL call for the negative.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Shhh, you're not supposed to count the long runs.  If you take away his successful plays, then he's only 3 YPC.  Oh wait, that's every RB ever in the history of the NFL.

@wgbeethree  I'm just messing, but let's give him 8 games before making a NFL call for the negative.

i don't think he's garbage, but I don't think he's very good either.

How does a Correll Buckhalter comp work?