This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

12 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

So what do you guys think of the Vikes now?

same, 9-10 win team or so. The defense is solid but can be had on the back end, and the Packers OL should be able to hold up decently well against their pass rush. I don't expect much vs Minnesota in the run game. Their offense is hard to tell. The Saints D is so bad, the Vikings could run anything they wanted. Lets see what happens when Bradford has to face a rush and the run game isn't churning, because against most other defenses it's not going to be nearly that easy.

I think the Vikings could make a run at a wild card, but that's about their ceiling unless they show me more.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Jordy Nelson is likely in decline. I still love him.

I can't take Adams over Diggs to be my number one.

It's not a landslide or anything.. Just my view.

I don't take many guys in Diggs' mold as a #1. He's not there yet. Adams has all the tools to be a #1 and effectively was for 3/4 of 2016 for us and did very well. They (Adams and Diggs) are on the same tier currently. I also agree Jordy is, or will be declining soon, but he is still better than both by a comfortable margin when healthy.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't take many guys in Diggs' mold as a #1. He's not there yet. Adams has all the tools to be a #1 and effectively was for 3/4 of 2016 for us and did very well. They (Adams and Diggs) are on the same tier currently. I also agree Jordy is, or will be declining soon, but he is still better than both by a comfortable margin when healthy.

I feel ya.. Just don't agree. Diggs would be a great fit with Aaron too. He's got some Jennings to him.

15 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

So what do you guys think of the Vikes now?

Kind of a cupcake home-opener to let their offense shine. I feel they are a well-coached and prepared team. Simple on both sides, so they look sharp early. They play fast on defense and fundamentally sound on offense so they will look good to start. I don't think they offense has staying power unless they are SIGNIFICANTLY improved up front, and I'm not sure they are. If Bradford has a clean pocket, he's a good QB, though. Cook is probably in the top half of RBs in the league (he's clearly better than anything they had last year). Still think a 9-11 win team.

They have a stretch of @ Detroit, @ Atlanta, @ Carolina, vs Cinci @ GB to end the season which will define their season IMO.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Casey just had a good play. Who wants to get triggered

Me. I never wanted to let him go even though it was obvious that's what the end result was gonna be after that season. In the moment, you can't really blame the team since they had Shields and then both Randall/Rollins flashed as rookies, but I hate letting good DB's walk regardless of how many you have. The move wouldn't look as bad in hindsight if Shields career didn't get ruined by concussions

I'm gonna feel the same way when Burnett walks after this season lol

25 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Agreed. 

I always find it amusing when fans believe they aren't allowed to like players on opposing teams (or simply don't give them the credit they deserve). 

Screw that. 

Diggs would be a 1400+ yard WR with Rodgers. 

There, I said it. 

Antonio Brown lite, Greg Jennings normal.  Was trying to find the old thread from week 2 where I posted all the routes diggs won on vs Randall and went off for 182.

Bradford is very very good at hitting Diggs and Thielen on intermediate crossers and out breaking routes from close splits.