FF Big Brother 7: Whicker wins! Diary Sessions now!

Malfatron

@Mathman

It's more on me and bcb for not double checking with you...but we both assumed that this game worked like the dart game where whenever the next person came up, whoever was gathering stopped getting coins.  I mean, this seemed very similar to that set up so my brain just figured it was the same thing except with teams.  That's why we chose the number we did.

Like I said, we should have double checked, but if you could please clarify more on similarly styled games I would greatly appreciate it.

Although, it seems like we were the only ones confused by this, so we may have just been drunk.  I'm in law school, he lives in Ohio...not like we have much better to do.

5 hours ago, MathMan said:

mission. you are yellow. that means you need to pm me a number between 1 and 20. you want to send the lowest unique number for best results. the worst result is if you pick the same number as someone

YELLOW PLAYERS: SUBMIT THE NUMBER OF THE ROUND (1-20) YOU WILL BE RUNNING FOR THE TREASURE

@jfinley88 is the red player so jfinley pms me which ncaa games on thursday he wants to bet on. send me the winner and also the percentage of coins you want to bet to try to win more money. since you dont know how many coins you have, send your bests in percentages rather than discrete amts

@Ragnarok I suppose this was my in-thread clarification regarding the best and worst case scenarios. Sometimes I am not aware things aren't clear, so always feel free to ask

8 minutes ago, MathMan said:

@Ragnarok I suppose this was my in-thread clarification regarding the best and worst case scenarios. Sometimes I am not aware things aren't clear, so always feel free to ask

Yeah, but we sent our PMs in yesterday.

My brain just decided that because we were picking numbers like in darts, and tying on a number was a similar penalty to darts, that, like the dart game, your points ended when someone new came to collect.  I didn't even think about asking for clarification.  

That said, we could have double checked, and while we would have picked a higher number if we'd known, it wouldn't have made more than a 25-30 coin difference.  So we can still win.  

I was just saying to keep this in mind for games that are similar-ish in the future.

(By wins, I mean with the point spread applied)

I'm sorting by the best to worst odds, assuming that each game has a 50% chance to be won because of the point spread.

For now, I am not including a potential "push" that may occur with the Michigan game (-3)

The first game will be telling. If Nevada covers the spread against Loyola, only HorizontoZenith/LetTheBallFly and Ragnarok/bcb1213 will be left, and the Gonzaga v Florida State game will determine the HOH.

Tier 1:
If the following teams all win, @HorizontoZenith and @LetTheBallFly win
Nevada
Gonzaga

OR

Loyola
Michigan
Kansas State
Gonzaga

Also, tie with @gopherwrestler/@utley4568 if these teams win:

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Gonzaga

Tier 2:

If the following teams win, @Ragnarok and @bcb1213 win

Nevada
Florida State

Tier 3:

If the following Teams Win, team @Whicker and @iPwn win

Loyola
Kentucky
Florida State

Tier 4:

If the following teams all win, team @gopherwrestler and @utley4568 win

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kansas State
Gonzaga

Also,  if these teams win @gopherwrestler and @utley4568 tie with team @HorizontoZenith and @LetTheBallFly

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Gonzaga

Tier 5:

If the followings teams all win, @EliteTexan80 and @Adrenaline_Flux win
Loyola
Michigan
Kentucky
Gonzaga

If the following teams win, team @domepatrol91 and @Shady Slim win

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kansas State
Florida State

If the following teams win, @Famous Jameis and @LuckyNumber11 win

Loyola
Michigan
Kansas State
Florida State

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, but we sent our PMs in yesterday.

My brain just decided that because we were picking numbers like in darts, and tying on a number was a similar penalty to darts, that, like the dart game, your points ended when someone new came to collect.  I didn't even think about asking for clarification.  

That said, we could have double checked, and while we would have picked a higher number if we'd known, it wouldn't have made more than a 25-30 coin difference.  So we can still win.  

I was just saying to keep this in mind for games that are similar-ish in the future.

I will definitely try to be more clear in the future.

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

After doing the math, you have the best chance to win.

If Nevada and Florida State wins (after the point spread is applied), you win.

Yeah, I know we are still sitting in a solid position.  It was just something I just realized was confusing due to the similarities in those two games.  

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, I know we are still sitting in a solid position.  It was just something I just realized was confusing due to the similarities in those two games.  

Yep, I'll definitely try to be more clear next time

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I would feel worse for Dwight right now if he didn't nominate me.  It wasn't so much the nomination.  I could have lived with the nomination.  I just was really mad at his reasoning behind the nomination.  I think poor decision making runs in that family.  They both think of the worst possible idea and then they tell themselves, "This idea is so stupid it has to be ingenious." 

tumblr_loz49wWDK21qe0tyl.gif

48 minutes ago, MathMan said:

(By wins, I mean with the point spread applied)

I'm sorting by the best to worst odds, assuming that each game has a 50% chance to be won because of the point spread.

For now, I am not including a potential "push" that may occur with the Michigan game (-3)

The first game will be telling. If Nevada covers the spread against Loyola, only HorizontoZenith/LetTheBallFly and Ragnarok/bcb1213 will be left, and the Gonzaga v Florida State game will determine the HOH.

Tier 1:
If the following teams all win, @HorizontoZenith and @LetTheBallFly win
Nevada
Gonzaga

OR

Loyola
Michigan
Kansas State
Gonzaga

Also, tie with @gopherwrestler/@utley4568 if these teams win:

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Gonzaga

Tier 2:

If the following teams win, @Ragnarok and @bcb1213 win

Nevada
Florida State

Tier 3:

If the following Teams Win, team @Whicker and @iPwn win

Loyola
Kentucky
Florida State

Tier 4:

If the following teams all win, team @gopherwrestler and @utley4568 win

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kansas State
Gonzaga

Also,  if these teams win @gopherwrestler and @utley4568 tie with team @HorizontoZenith and @LetTheBallFly

Loyola
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Gonzaga

Tier 5:

If the followings teams all win, @EliteTexan80 and @Adrenaline_Flux win
Loyola
Michigan
Kentucky
Gonzaga

If the following teams win, team @domepatrol91 and @Shady Slim win

Loyola