Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Frankie is worthy of a $300m deal. Dont get pissy that the Dolans are too cheap to pay him what he is worth. 

Again frankie has an extremely slow start and everyone is ready to be done with him. first 35 games he had an avg of .265. Any other season, we would just be finishing up the month of May. Now the past 8 games he is  slashing .313/.405/.563 and getting hot for the run in June and July.

Don’t get pissy?  What the? He’s not worth that money. Do you really want the “Lindor and the stiffs” Cleveland in our own minds all star team?  Such riveting tv. We sign Lindor to the max money and we literally can’t sign another player. You guys can pretend the dolans are made of money, but that is unrealistic. Yeah the team is worth a billion? (Maybe?) But that is not liquid cash. Their tv revenue is garbage. Paying Lindor a significant amount of their budget is just plain stupid. Especially when he don’t man up when he needs to man up. 

Under the plan, the World Series would start Oct. 20 at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas, and would end no later than Oct. 28. It would culminate a month of playoff games that begins with the top four seeds in each league hosting all the games in a best-of-three wild-card series. The four American League series would run Sept. 29, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1, and the National League would play Sept. 30, Oct. 1 and Oct. 2.

The highest remaining seed in the NL would play its division series in Arlington, while the next-highest seed would face its opponent at Houston's Minute Maid Park. The top seed from the AL would be the home team at San Diego's Petco Park, while the other series would be held at Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium. The AL Championship Series would take place in San Diego and the NLCS in Arlington, giving the NL's top seed -- likely the Los Angeles Dodgers -- a path to a stationary October.

Playoff seeding means nothing this year.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Pitching is starting to look exhausted and our offense has shown zero signs of being even below average.

We’re fine playoffs wise, but holy hell this team needs to get its act together.

Karma for not wanting to improve the team.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Santana is done. I won’t lose sleep over getting rid of him. We can replace Brad Hand. We can replace Cesar Hernandez.

However, I just pray we get good value out of Frankie.

Yep he is gone and glad we at Least got a career yr out of him last year. 

we can replace hand prolly in house but I don’t know about Cesar? 

so we move JRam to 2B full-time and Nolan Jones at 3B. Who’s plays first? Rather just keep Fran at DH. Just force him to focus on becoming the best hitter. Especially with the NL finally moving to being a full time DH.

Question is who is playing SS? What is done to improve the OF?

do they bring Tyler Freeman up a year early-ish? Do you really want SS and 3B both filled with rookies?

does Bobby Bradley finally get a chance? He could be the 1B. 

does Daniel Johnson get a chance to play in the OF?

i would at least want to see Bradley Jones and Johnson up and playing. Just go straight youth movement. It would suck for guys that are vets and still want to compete but it’s the chance they have to take

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yep he is gone and glad we at Least got a career yr out of him last year. 

we can replace hand prolly in house but I don’t know about Cesar? 

so we move JRam to 2B full-time and Nolan Jones at 3B. Who’s plays first? Rather just keep Fran at DH. Just force him to focus on becoming the best hitter. Especially with the NL finally moving to being a full time DH.

Question is who is playing SS? What is done to improve the OF?

do they bring Tyler Freeman up a year early-ish? Do you really want SS and 3B both filled with rookies?

does Bobby Bradley finally get a chance? He could be the 1B. 

does Daniel Johnson get a chance to play in the OF?

i would at least want to see Bradley Jones and Johnson up and playing. Just go straight youth movement. It would suck for guys that are vets and still want to compete but it’s the chance they have to take

Probably should have been doing most/all of this already.

I mean, it's hard to imagine the likes of Bradley, Jones and Johnson doing much worse than what we have seen.

28 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Probably should have been doing most/all of this already.

I mean, it's hard to imagine the likes of Bradley, Jones and Johnson doing much worse than what we have seen.

Johnson should have been given a shot because of how weak the OF is. Jones and Bradley is different. Santana isn’t hitting and no one expected him to absolutely drop off the side of the earth. Also No way the Dolans would allowed him to be benched because of the money they are paying him. Jones doesn’t have a spot because of how good Cesar and JRam are. Just have to hope they give him the chance next season. Hope Jones doesn’t turn into the next Chisenhall. Lonnie wasn’t bad but was predicted to be the franchise 3B and struggled until he moved to the OF. Hopefully Jones can be that franchise 3B and allows JRam to play 2B until he gets moved 

Edited by buno67