Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

55 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

True, but I think the writing is on the wall that they will trade him and it will be easy. They have Karinchak (sp) who is a easy closer in waiting and didnt they get back one or two relief prospects in the Clevenger trade from the Padres? They could just slide those guys into the bullpen and shift Karinchak to the full time closer roll and call it a day.

I complete agree but I like hand a lot but I think Dolan is just that cheap

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I complete agree but I like hand a lot but I think Dolan is just that cheap

Yeah its amazing how good the Indians have been in the last 6-8 years given that they are always working against the grain floating in that 22-28 range in terms of payroll. Their coaching/player development has been phenominal to operate as a top 10 team in baseball in the standings every year despite being consistently in the bottom 10 in salary.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah its amazing how good the Indians have been in the last 6-8 years given that they are always working against the grain floating in that 22-28 range in terms of payroll. Their coaching/player development has been phenominal to operate as a top 10 team in baseball in the standings every year despite being consistently in the bottom 10 in salary.

Their actual competence is what makes them even more frustrating.

Im not asking the spend huge money, I get it’s not a fair playing field, but it would have been nice to push just a little bit harder when we had a chance to win something.

I’m not asking for “all in”, but I would like, “I’ll raise”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Their actual competence is what makes them even more frustrating.

Im not asking the spend huge money, I get it’s not a fair playing field, but it would have been nice to push just a little bit harder when we had a chance to win something.

I’m not asking for “all in”, but I would like, “I’ll raise”.

Yeah, I understand that the Indians are a small market team that cant toss around 200m contracts like other teams, I get that--but I just want them to maybe be closer to the league average payroll instead of consistently operating at the bare minimum. 

You know, maybe instead of being the 24th-26th ranked payroll team, be the 16th-19th ranked payroll. Just be around the league average

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, I understand that the Indians are a small market team that cant toss around 200m contracts like other teams, I get that--but I just want them to maybe be closer to the league average payroll instead of consistently operating at the bare minimum. 

You know, maybe instead of being the 24th-26th ranked payroll team, be the 16th-19th ranked payroll. Just be around the league average

Exactly, and they can have down years too, 28th/29th, when we’re not good, but when it’s time to make a push, make a goddam push.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Exactly, and they can have down years too, 28th/29th, when we’re not good, but when it’s time to make a push, make a goddam push.

Currently, their idea of "making a push" is to deal a legitimate ACE for future ACES and maybe bats. Friendly reminder to everyone that if the postseason started today, they'd be the #2 seed.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Currently, their idea of "making a push" is to deal a legitimate ACE for future ACES and maybe bats.

which is great, but by then we’ll be trading away more talent.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Friendly reminder to everyone that if the postseason started today, they'd be the #2 seed.

I get they’re doing well, but I’ll also say this strategy has netted them a ton of regular season success and not single championship, so it’s hard to get too enthused about the process.

which is great, but by then we’ll be trading away more talent.

Yeah, I was trying my best to be sarcastic. They essentially turned into sellers when they should be buying. It's infuriating.

I get they’re doing well, but I’ll also say this strategy has netted them a ton of regular season success and not single championship, so it’s hard to get too enthused about the process.

That's my point exactly. :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Nolan Jones should be up playing 3B because Jose is out. I don’t get 

same with the love for Deshield. Dude should not be playing over Oscar he 

I think it’s because we worry about stunting the growth of young players. I might be wrong, but they just probably don’t want to rush guys. They feel safer playing vets too.

Is Freeman’s defense good enough for us to ignore his terrible offense?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Nolan Jones should be up playing 3B because Jose is out. I don’t get 

same with the love for Deshield. Dude should not be playing over Oscar he 

Honestly I truly believe Tito refuses to play rookies or young players unless they have superstar potential. Look at how many failed experiments that have gone to other teams because they never played and have done well.

19 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Honestly I truly believe Tito refuses to play rookies or young players unless they have superstar potential. Look at how many failed experiments that have gone to other teams because they never played and have done well.

The dude is a top50 prospect. Where not asking him to carry the offense. It be nice to find a bat. I rather give the ABs to a young guy than a washed up player like freeman who can’t hit what so ever. 

They aren’t going to sign guys to improve the offense. I would rather see them try the young guys and see if they can bring a spark