Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

First round of the playoffs would be a 3 game series. Give me Bieber + Plesac + McKenzie versus any team in baseball.

idk about that. Civale is the 14th best pitcher right now WAR-wise. Indians prolly would have two in the top10 or top5 if Plesac didnt have his issues.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Franmil Reyes is a monster. We should have kept Puig, but that was a phenomenal trade.

Just read a article on the Athletic that said if you think the Indians are being cheap now, just wait until the offseason when they are going to purge Santana, Lindor, Hand and possibly Carrasco because of 'how much $$ they lost this season due to COVID"

This is about to be a full scale rebuild and it looks like they are going to sell off as many veteran assets for prospects as possible.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just read a article on the Athletic that said if you think the Indians are being cheap now, just wait until the offseason when they are going to purge Santana, Lindor, Hand and possibly Carrasco because of 'how much $$ they lost this season due to COVID"

Weird. COVID started in Cleveland in 2000 just months after the Dolan's bought the team. Huh...someone better contact the CDC for tracing purposes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is about to be a full scale rebuild and it looks like they are going to sell off as many veteran assets for prospects as possible.

We can replace Hand and Carrasco. We’ve kinda done that already. Losing Santana will suck defensively, but I trust Franmil to more than compensate offensively. Franmil is already better offensively. Our depth as a whole is what will be hurt when we lose those 3. However, we have guys that can fill in for them as starters.

Don’t get me started on Frankie. He’s impossible to replace.

This team can replace pitchers. They have consistently proven that. I’m not going to lose sleep anymore over losing them. We lost Corey Kluber, Trevor Bauer, and Mike Clevinger. That would kill most franchises. However, we have the best pitching + defense in baseball.

What scares me is when we start losing offensive guys.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We can replace Hand and Carrasco. We’ve kinda done that already. Losing Santana will suck defensively, but I trust Franmil to more than compensate offensively. Franmil is already better offensively. Our depth as a whole is what will be hurt when we lose those 3. However, we have guys that can fill in for them as starters.

Don’t get me started on Frankie. He’s impossible to replace.

I just hope they dont get boned by a trade with him. I would like a 'win now' piece and 2-3 good--not just average 4 years away--prospects. Like if they could get another Franmil Reyes type plus another top tier prospect in return I would be happy.

For instance I would do a trade to the Dodgers but I would ask for Seager, Lux and May in return. That might be too rich for them, but I would swing for the fences and get 2-3 GOOD starters in return.

Edited by AkronsWitness

50 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just hope they dont get boned by a trade with him. I would like a 'win now' piece and 2-3 good--not just average 4 years away--prospects. Like if they could get another Franmil Reyes type plus another top tier prospect in return I would be happy.

For instance I would do a trade to the Dodgers but I would ask for Seager, Lux and May in return. That might be too rich for them, but I would swing for the fences and get 2-3 GOOD starters in return.

Never going to set Seager, Lux, and May. Seager is too expensive to that is not an option. Lux and May is too much to ask for.

Maybe something along the lines of Lux, Graterol, DJ Peters could be more realistic. Peters can potentially fill in the LF spot, Lux at SS, and add another nice bullpen piece.

Then you try to combine Hand and some prospects for another nice OF piece. Gonna have to get tricky and going to have to start moving some prospects as some of these guys that are blocked are going to be Rule 5 eligible too

Edited by FEARtheELF

53 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Never going to set Seager, Lux, and May. Seager is too expensive to that is not an option. Lux and May is too much to ask for.

Maybe something along the lines of Lux, Graterol, DJ Peters could be more realistic. Peters can potentially fill in the LF spot, Lux at SS, and add another nice bullpen piece.

Then you try to combine Hand and some prospects for another nice OF piece. Gonna have to get tricky and going to have to start moving some prospects as some of these guys that are blocked are going to be Rule 5 eligible too

Possibly but the CLE fan in me says if we are going to give you a top 5-7 player in baseball then whatever team can suck it up and give us boatloads of prospects regardless of their ranking because they are still unknown commodities. I wouldnt settle for giving Lindor away for 1 high level prospect and a bunch of filler. 

I dont think that Lux and May would be too much to ask you know?

Edited by AkronsWitness

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Possibly but the CLE fan in me says if we are going to give you a top 5-7 player in baseball then whatever team can suck it up and give us boatloads of prospects regardless of their ranking because they are still unknown commodities. I wouldnt settle for giving Lindor away for 1 high level prospect and a bunch of filler. 

I dont think that Lux and May would be too much to ask you know?

Just look at the Mookie Betts trade for a comparison. They got 1 top 25ish prospect, and another top 100 guy, plus a couple others. The Red Sox might have gotten a little less due to the Dodgers taking on Price's contract, but Lux/May isnt probably ever going to happen. We would be lucky to get one of them.

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Just look at the Mookie Betts trade for a comparison. They got 1 top 25ish prospect, and another top 100 guy, plus a couple others. The Red Sox might have gotten a little less due to the Dodgers taking on Price's contract, but Lux/May isnt probably ever going to happen. We would be lucky to get one of them.

With with Betts you had to trade for him and then sign him. You still get Lindor under contract for a price that is below his market value for one season before you have to resign him

Edited by buno67

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

With with Betts you had to trade for him and then sign him. You still get Lindor under contract for a price that is below his market value for one season before you have to resign him

Its going to be the exact same situation. Boston traded Mookie in the winter while he was under contract for 1 season. Lindor will be in the same.