Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

3 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

The jake Westbrook deal was still the best deal the Indians ever cooked up.

Idk Colon trade netted us Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore, and Brandon Philips. Which is crazy that Colon played longer than all of those guys lol

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Ah the CC trade, Matt LaPorta still hoisting AAA mvp trophies 

True, but the point is that nobody knows what these prospects are going to turn into. Nobody knew at the time that Michael Brantley would be the centerpiece of the CC trade years later. He was a "player to be named later" in that deal. A afterthought that turned out to be a multiple time all star.

Only issue is that it takes 2-3 years to really figure out what you got from the deal

Edited by AkronsWitness

Does Cleveland understand that we are in playoff contention to make a WS push with the arms that we have? I mean, I love prospects and years of control, but don't urinate on fans and tell us that it's raining and that we are actively trying to win a WS  this year then.

Just go full heel mode and deal Frankie now for a massive return. I can't handle this anymore. Waiting a year won't do anyone any good. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

These are the kinda trades the Indians are famous for doing well. The more prospects they get, the better odds they develop 1 of them.

I definitely agree with this. But the only way I was good trading him is for a good major league bat. I would rather just keep him for a World Series run. 

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Josh Naylor's future is probably at 1B, and cant imagine they don't plan on that being next year.

Just prepare yourselves for the FO to not pick up Carlos Santana's option as well as losing Lindor this winter...

They for sure won’t pick up Santana. It will cost around $17m. They also won’t pick up Hand. His  option is $9m. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Does Cleveland understand that we are in playoff contention to make a WS push with the arms that we have? I mean, I love prospects and years of control, but don't urinate on fans and tell us that it's raining and that we are actively trying to win a WS  this year then.

Just go full heel mode and deal Frankie now for a massive return. I can't handle this anymore. Waiting a year won't do anyone any good. 

They should have done a full blown fire sale

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They for sure won’t pick up Santana. It will cost around $17m. They also won’t pick up Hand. His  option is $9m. 

I could see Hand getting picked up and traded, possibility with Santana, but not sure how much value we would get there with his contract and being a one year rental.

24 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

I could see Hand getting picked up and traded, possibility with Santana, but not sure how much value we would get there with his contract and being a one year rental.

Idk if anyone would want Hand for $10m. Unless he pitches extremely well the rest of this season 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If the Indians let Lindor walk in FA for nothing in return it will be terrible. You have 2 options. 1) You know your going to break the bank in the offseason and give him a blank check or 2) You know your not going to come close to his number so trade him now.

Sitting on your hands this year and losing him for nothing is not acceptable. If your able to trade him to the Dodgers for Seager/Lux then you do it. 

Edited by AkronsWitness