Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

15 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

I think, unless you are getting an offer like this, there is absolutely no reason to move him. Clevinger is one of the elite starting pitchers in baseball with affordable control  

Clevinger is worth a haul, so unless that comes, hold on to him and revisit next year. 

i dont even think Clev is elite. I think he is really good but not Elite. Indians only have two elite level pitchers currently in the organization. Bieber and potentially Mackenzie.IMO

I think this is the highest potential for a trade for Clev. I believe with the expanded playoffs, more teams are going to be in contention, so meaning more teams are going to be buyers instead of sellers.

I dont want to wait for next year because next year, the team might not be in position to contend. They might because of their pitching but I really dont see the team spending next year. Dolan's will use covid stuff to cut salary for a 3rd straight season. Hell, on Bull and Fox, Adam was saying their is potential the Dolans could cut down the salary to around $50m before arbitration. That is with them trading Clev and Lindor and then letting players walk like Cesar, Hand has a $1m buy out that would save the team $9m and Santana have a $500k buyout which would save the team close to $17m. Other things like that. So I rather take a chance this year and try and win it all this year because it might not be for awhile. Try and trade for a bat that could make an impact this year and be under contril. Clint Frazier would be huge cause he would be a bat that helps the OF and is under control until '25. Thats the kind of move they need to make

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Hand has a $1m buy out that would save the team $9m and Santana have a $500k buyout which would save the team close to $17m.

Those 2 are definitely gone after this year. I think Clev gets traded this year. Franmil would take Santana’s spot.

I think Frankie gets moved this offseason.

6 hours ago, bruceb said:

Uh, sort of.

Just without the talent to do it.

3 games out of the best record in baseball and currently the 2nd best run differential.

I genuinely don’t understand why you think the Indians are so terrible and doomed? We are damn good now and if we can find a way to bring in another bat, we can have as good a shot as anyone else. 

Yes the outfield has been terrible the last couple years but most teams would love to have our bullpen, rotation, and infield. 

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Trading Francisco Meija was the right decision.

Something is wrong with him. I don't know what the organization saw, but he doesn't look anything like he did early in his minor league career. Maybe he turns it around, but I'm thinking that's far from certain.

9 hours ago, FGK said:

Something is wrong with him. I don't know what the organization saw, but he doesn't look anything like he did early in his minor league career. Maybe he turns it around, but I'm thinking that's far from certain.

I think his issues is Playing as an Every day level MLB catcher. Dude should have been truly open to changing positions. He should have gone to a less important defensive position, where he could have just focused on hitting. It’s like he wanted to be an elite hitting catcher, which is extremely hard to do