Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This move comes down to this: Do you trust our scouts ability to find and develop talent? There’s obviously players the Indians front office really like.

I like the move as a futuristic stand point but it shows that they are not really in it to win it this year. 

if that is seriously your M.O., that you are honesty not trying to win the World Series, they need to trade Frankie, Santana, Hand, and Cesar right now. Santana  Cesar and hand are as good as gone, you might as well get something instead of watching them net you nothing. Keeping Frankie while your not competing is a waste of resources. Trade him now,  get the prospect haul and start trying to develop talent 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This move comes down to this: Do you trust our scouts ability to find and develop talent? There’s obviously players the Indians front office really like.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I don't like dealing Clevinger for mainly pieces that won't help us for 2-3 years, but I do trust our talent acquisition in trades. So I'll wait and see but my initial response is disappointment that we didn't get a major piece to help THIS year.

I like Quantrill as a potential #4/5 starter next year.

Josh Naylor has really good numbers for his age at every level so far, probably an average major league batter going forward. Problem is he's probably a pure 1B/DH and we already have Santana and Franmil.

Austin Hedges is a way above average defensive catcher but is a downright BAD offensive catcher.

The prospects are all very interesting, but also all far from sure things. It kinda seems like we went with quantity over quality. We'll see how that turns out.

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I don't like dealing Clevinger for mainly pieces that won't help us for 2-3 years, but I do trust our talent acquisition in trades. So I'll wait and see but my initial response is disappointment that we didn't get a major piece to help THIS year.

I like Quantrill as a potential #4/5 starter next year.

Josh Naylor has really good numbers for his age at every level so far, probably an average major league batter going forward. Problem is he's probably a pure 1B/DH and we already have Santana and Franmil.

Austin Hedges is a way above average defensive catcher but is a downright BAD offensive catcher.

The prospects are all very interesting, but also all far from sure things. It kinda seems like we went with quantity over quality. We'll see how that turns out.

Santana I gone after this season, so he won’t be road blocking anyone...

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Santana I gone after this season, so he won’t be road blocking anyone...

Yeah, I was just pointing out that he isn't even a MLB ready outfielder to help us out there this year. It really just emphasizes that this is a "next year" move with no helpfulness today.

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

The fact we cant get 1 quality at bat for a top of rotation pitcher absolutely blows my mind.

They didn’t want that. If they did a player for player straight up trade. They prolly could have landed a legit OF bat. They wanted prospects! 

6 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I was just pointing out that he isn't even a MLB ready outfielder to help us out there this year. It really just emphasizes that this is a "next year" move with no helpfulness today.

It’s not even a next year move. This was a 2-3yr move 

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

These are the kinda trades the Indians are famous for doing well. The more prospects they get, the better odds they develop 1 of them.

Like when the Indians traded Cliff Lee and got back Carlos Carrasco or when they traded CC Sabathia and got back Michael Brantley