Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

4 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Its going to be the exact same situation. Boston traded Mookie in the winter while he was under contract for 1 season. Lindor will be in the same.

Difference is the Sox can replace Betts by throwing 200 million at somebody else, the Indians cant so their need to get quality prospects in return is much more important

2 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

Its going to be the exact same situation. Boston traded Mookie in the winter while he was under contract for 1 season. Lindor will be in the same.

Ah I thought wrong about the Monkin contract. Your right. 
you add in that Lindor is younger and players a more important positions. He overall value is more than Betts IMO

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Come join us @flyers0909

Always forget about this thread not being a Browns fan, just always think there's no Indians fans on the board.  What's the consensus on the Clev trade?

The pitching this organization develops is just so ridiculous, it's hard to get mad about a trade when these guys get to hand pick a few pitchers.  

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Always forget about this thread not being a Browns fan, just always think there's no Indians fans on the board.  What's the consensus on the Clev trade?

The pitching this organization develops is just so ridiculous, it's hard to get mad about a trade when these guys get to hand pick a few pitchers.  

I personally hated it. But I've learned to deal with it. Indians play for 3-4 years down the road. Not for the right now.

9 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I liked it a lot. I trust our front office to identify talent, especially pitchers.

I wish they would have got some bats though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Five infielders.....If the ball goes to the OF, the game is over anyways.  Give yourself a little better chance to cut off a ground ball, but Hernandez hit it hard enough.  

That reliever for Milwaukee has pitched in 9 games and given up 0 hits.

Yet our sorry offense hits 2 lasers off of him back to back. 

The again, it’s the same weird thing with Chapman. Our hitters LOVE guys who only throw heaters.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1