Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Hedges is batting below the Mendoza line and Owen Miller is at .238 and can’t play 1st base to save his freaking life.

Dont forget about Myles Straw hitting below .200 as well now.  How we haven't called up Will Brennan from Columbus is a head scratcher.  He is currently hitting .311 with 6 home runs and 50 something rbi just since being called up to Columbus earlier in the year.  He is a center fielder and is only 24.  Get him up here and see what he provides now.  A playoff team can not have two guys in the starting lineup below .200.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

Dont forget about Myles Straw hitting below .200 as well now.  How we haven't called up Will Brennan from Columbus is a head scratcher.  He is currently hitting .311 with 6 home runs and 50 something rbi just since being called up to Columbus earlier in the year.  He is a center fielder and is only 24.  Get him up here and see what he provides now.  A playoff team can not have two guys in the starting lineup below .200.  

I agree with you about Straw. I only *slightly* give a pass because of his defense and leadership. He’s the only guy I could accept being the “1 bad hitter” on this team hitting 9th.

Owen Miller simply needs to go. He can’t hit or defend.

They’re probably waiting on Bo Naylor to replace Hedges next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

In post season play, who do you want as your starters? I sure as hell don’t trust Civale.

I don't want Civale at all.  Leave him in the pen as a long reliever.  A starting 3 of Mckenzie, Bieber and Quantrill are very good.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Interesting note:

Jose wants the front office to pay Amed Rosario. I think that would be fantastic despite the logjam we have in our farm system with Arias, Rocchio, and Freeman.

This offseason will be interesting.  We have so many prospects ready in Columbus that I don't know what they are going to do with their 40 man roster.  They are going to have to trade some of them in order to get something for them instead of just losing them to the Rule 5 draft.  Id strongly look into Tarik Skubal, the lefty starter from the Tigers.  He would be a great lefty arm in the middle of the rotation.  Id also look big time into Bryan Reynolds from the Pirates.  Hell, give them all away for Shohei ha

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

This offseason will be interesting.  We have so many prospects ready in Columbus that I don't know what they are going to do with their 40 man roster.  They are going to have to trade some of them in order to get something for them instead of just losing them to the Rule 5 draft.  Id strongly look into Tarik Skubal, the lefty starter from the Tigers.  He would be a great lefty arm in the middle of the rotation.  Id also look big time into Bryan Reynolds from the Pirates.  Hell, give them all away for Shohei ha

We should have done what you suggested at the deadline. We’ve got a TON of minor league talent.

We should have got a bullpen arm at least.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

huge sweep on minny and glad the CWS lost as well. I think the lead is up to 2.5 gms.

Would if be safe to say that the twins are done?

We’re a bad matchup for them. Their last hope is beating us 4-1 in our last series vs them.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1