Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

7 hours ago, FGK said:

Six games up in the division. Feels good. Feels like I'm gonna get to watch a really fun team that wasn't supposed to compete yet and has SERIOUS pitching help about to come up from the minors compete in the playoffs a year early!

Not a surprise, but the traditionally most well run teams are going to make the playoffs: Yankees, Astros, Rays, Guardians, and Blue Jays from AL. Then you have Cardinals, Braves, and Dodgers from the NL. Then you have some other teams sprinkled in. The Giants and Red Sox are the only traditionally well run teams that really struggled.

However, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what trends or styles change. If you don’t have a strong front office and farm system, none of it matters.

19 hours ago, FGK said:

Six games up in the division. Feels good. Feels like I'm gonna get to watch a really fun team that wasn't supposed to compete yet and has SERIOUS pitching help about to come up from the minors compete in the playoffs a year early!

I dont know if its about pitching help more so then the pitchers just vastly under performed early on in the season. I want to say they hit their pitching potential and then some the 2nd half.

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And he never hit 50 in a season. Best right handed hitter of my lifetime.

It’s just a shame that 2020 and 2021 were such a mess for him or he could have been seriously challenging Bonds if he wanted to play next year (which I guarantee he would).

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And he never hit 50 in a season. Best right handed hitter of my lifetime.

When it comes to right handed hitters in our life time that were all time greats IMO, Its Albert, Frank Thomas, Manny, Nomar, and Edgar Martinez, A-Rod. I love Manny but him and A-Rod cant really be considered the greatest because of their relationship with PEDs. Edgar was a hitting machine. Injuries shorten the careers of Thomas and Nomar. Hell, if Frank Thomas could have stayed healthy, he would be in the 700HR as well. 

Just amazing the kind of a hitter Frank Thomas was and he was still a .300+ hitter for a career. I feel like Peak Frank Thomas was better than Peak Albert Pujols. '94 Thomas was an absolute monster. Couldnt imaged being a pitcher in the early-mid 90s American Central and having to face Thomas, Belle, Thome, and etc. Just makes you think the kind of stats Belle and Thomas could have had in '94 if it wasnt shorten cause of the strike.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

When it comes to right handed hitters in our life time that were all time greats IMO, Its Albert, Frank Thomas, Manny, Nomar, and Edgar Martinez, A-Rod. I love Manny but him and A-Rod cant really be considered the greatest because of their relationship with PEDs. Edgar was a hitting machine. Injuries shorten the careers of Thomas and Nomar. Hell, if Frank Thomas could have stayed healthy, he would be in the 700HR as well. 

Just amazing the kind of a hitter Frank Thomas was and he was still a .300+ hitter for a career. I feel like Peak Frank Thomas was better than Peak Albert Pujols. '94 Thomas was an absolute monster. Couldnt imaged being a pitcher in the early-mid 90s American Central and having to face Thomas, Belle, Thome, and etc. Just makes you think the kind of stats Belle and Thomas could have had in '94 if it wasnt shorten cause of the strike.

Nomar has no business on this list. Thomas was absolutely a stud but I’d still argue peak Pujols was better. ‘94 was definitely a shame but what Albert did his first 10 years was stupid.