malibuspeedrace

Cleveland Indians Thread : we might have a nice thing!

So your telling me......we got rid of Cory Kluber for Delino Deshields......

The ineptitude makes me almost forget that we let Michael Brantley walk to the Astros for a contract that you can order off the dollar menu. 

10 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Spot on Buno - they upgraded the penalties in the last CBA. I was thinking with my "old" brain...

when it comes to the front office, since they know how tight of a belt they get to work with, they would be double-checking to be making sure they know exactly who they are getting. Hell I hope they go after the rangers and blame them for selling them a dirty player but I doubt it works. This FO rarely makes a truly bad move. The worst I can think of was the Yandy trade but in reality, they had no idea what kind of player he was cause Tito rarely freaking played him. Something like that was bound to happen to this franchise. They have been making a living on getting those type of prospects and watching them blossom in Cleveland. With the best, most recent example is Kluber. 

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So your telling me......we got rid of Cory Kluber for Delino Deshields......

The ineptitude makes me almost forget that we let Michael Brantley walk to the Astros for a contract that you can order off the dollar menu. 

Not the FO's fault ownership wants to cut spending. Thats the reason Kluber was moved. He was making like $18m and were trying to get a long term player. When it comes to Brantley, Dolan was never going to threw in the money to do that. Dolan hasnt reinvested FA contracts into the team for the last 3 years