Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Last night was one of the worst bullpen performances I've seen from this team in a long while. The definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... >:(

On a good note.....Joe Smith looked pretty solid.  

Also, while it is quaint, Fenway Park is a friggin' band box.  Yes, the Green Monster is iconic, but is really not much more than an opportunity for hitters to play pepper with the outfield wall.

6 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Last night was one of the worst bullpen performances I've seen from this team in a long while. The definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... >:(

not surprised when the Bullpen got called up in the 2nd inning

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

not surprised when the Bullpen got called up in the 2nd inning

I'll agree that a huge reason the Sawks were in it was because of Carrasco's start, but considering Shaw, Miller, and Allen all gave up runs in their usual innings (i.e. none of them were pitching an extended period of time) I still hold the bullpen accountable. I will give them the fact that they've been seeing more usage lately, but it all boils down to you simply cannot be blowing a game like this when you have a chance to go up one game in the standings. 

• Like 1

See to me getting into the bullpen just throws everyone off. Going into it early to me starts to mentally mess with comfort levels and routines. 

Just sucks that they had the game over but the last out was able to get on base because of a pass ball strike out.

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Andrew Miller to the DL  

Right knee Patella tendenitis.  o.O  

Gotta think that we're going to be getting on the phone with someone about getting a lefty here soon.  Won't be surprised if we're on the Orioles fairly soon.  

I think its a blessing in disguise tho. It will make them look into the waiver trade market a lot more seriously and it gives Miller some added rest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Andrew Miller to the DL  

Right knee Patella tendenitis.  o.O  

Gotta think that we're going to be getting on the phone with someone about getting a lefty here soon.  Won't be surprised if we're on the Orioles fairly soon.  

Gives his arm 10 days of true rest...

just fine with me if we are being honest.

7 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Gives his arm 10 days of true rest...

just fine with me if we are being honest.

only thing I am worried about, is it going to force Allen and Shaw to be used even more? Those guys have been throwing a lot as well.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Tigers placed Justin Verlander on revocable waivers today. I wouldnt mind the Indians going after him and adding him to be the #3/#4 pitcher. It would be weird to see him on this staff but he would be worth it.

He's owed over $55 million thru 2019.

I can't see that happening.  

7 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

He's owed over $55 million thru 2019.

I can't see that happening.  

Oh crap, I didnt know he was still owed that much.

Their saying Gerrit Cole could be a waiver trade potential target for the Indians. 

• Like 1