Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

With how the pitching staff has been. Depending on when Klub and Cookie come back, I would trade Bauer and really try to increase the offense, if the Indians stay hot. 

Now I am going to be the glass half empty kind of guy.

Without any further setbacks, I see Kluber returning in August. Cookie? Not so much.

I pray for him and his family weekly just because of the haunting way his absence was announced. The club stated that Carrasco was placed on the 10 day IL "after being diagnosed with a blood condition after several weeks of feeling lethargic" to "explore optimal treatment and recovery options".

When you take time to digest all that, it sure sounds like baseball may be the least of his problems. Sadly, he may be in the fight of his life.

Edited by brooks1957

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Depending on when Klub and Cookie come back

Kluber has been a shadow of himself since his last Cy Young.

Fell flat on his face in the last two playoff series.

Carrasco is meh, middle of the order guy at his best.

Clevinger is the one I want back.

A 4-man rotation of Bauer, Clevinger, Beiber and Plesac > any rotation that includes Kluber and Carrasco, imho.

8 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Now I am going to be the glass half empty kind of guy.

Without any further setbacks, I see Kluber returning in August. Cookie? Not so much.

I pray for him and his family weekly just because of the haunting way his absence was announced. The club stated that Carrasco was placed on the 10 day IL "after being diagnosed with a blood disorder after several weeks of feeling lethargic" to "explore optimal treatment and recovery options".

When you take time to digest all that, it sure sounds like baseball may be the least of his problems. Sadly, he may be in the fight of his life.

fify

Blood disorders can be scary territory.

My mom died of a blood disorder.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Kluber has been a shadow of himself since his last Cy Young.

Fell flat on his face in the last two playoff series.

Carrasco is meh, middle of the order guy at his best.

Clevinger is the one I want back.

A 4-man rotation of Bauer, Clevinger, Beiber and Plesac > any rotation that includes Kluber and Carrasco, imho.

2.9 ERA and 8th in the league in WAR last year for Kluber...

I'm willing to bet on that over 3 playoff starts the last 2 years. 

Just now, flyers0909 said:

2.9 ERA and 8th in the league in WAR last year for Kluber...

I'm willing to bet on that over 3 playoff starts the last 2 years. 

He ain't got it anymore.

Betting on Kluber would be like Francola betting on Hand tonight after it was perfectly clear he didn't have it.

I am on record as having said that not trading Kluber this past off-season was a huge mistake.

I'll stick to my guns.

Kluber's value never will be higher than it was and we will suffer his demise because Francola will stick with him for what he has done vs. what he can do.

Edited by bruceb

Just now, bruceb said:

I am on record as having said that not trading Kluber this past off-season was a huge mistake.

I'll stick to my guns.

Kluber's value never will be higher than it was and we will suffer his demise.

Now this is totally fair.  I'll always love Kluber but with how damn good and deep our rotation was we easily could have flipped one of the starters for some offensive help (that would be nice right about now).  Still not opposed to trading Bauer at the deadline and riding Kluber, Carrasco and co. 

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

I'll stick to my guns.

Kluber's value never will be higher than it was and we will suffer his demise because Francola will stick with him for what he has done vs. what he can do.

They might of tried but it takes two tango. If the offer isn’t good, you don’t make it. Better to take a chance on kluber than not getting proper value. Hell maybe this injury is a blessing for him and us. The dude has been a work horse the past couple years. He barely pitched this year before the injury. So he could potentially come back fully healed and with a very well rested arm. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bruceb said:

Plesac has been a pleasant surprise but we have no idea what kind of long term he has. Especially when teams start getting better scouting reports on him.