Bears hire Brad Childress as consultant

WindyCity

1 hour ago, yomyyo said:

I agree! I've never before thought that the Bears are doing everything the right way. 

It is a weird sensation when you like what they are doing and so does the media and everyone.

It was like when the Bulls made a good trade with Jimmy Butler and I felt very confused.

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is a weird sensation when you like what they are doing and so does the media and everyone.

It was like when the Bulls made a good trade with Jimmy Butler and I felt very confused.

This should be the norm not a surprise to anyone.  We've just come to expect so much futility with this organization.  Things can't stay bad forever!  I believe in Pace and Nagy.

I think it's more about having someone who has experience being in this league and being a head coach to help Nagy. I see him as another Andy Reid type that can be there when **** inevitably will hit the fan. It's a huge hire.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Oh, speaking of moron offensive coordinators, Barstool Big Cat to Greg Olsen the other day: “Do you still hate Mike Martz? Because I do.”

Love PMT, highly recommend it. IIRC, Olsen's response was something along the lines of "I don't have strong feelings one way or the other, but I just find it funny that they made the decision based on one man's opinion, and then that guy ended up getting fired after one more year anyways."

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Love PMT, highly recommend it. IIRC, Olsen's response was something along the lines of "I don't have strong feelings one way or the other, but I just find it funny that they made the decision based on one man's opinion, and then that guy ended up getting fired after one more year anyways."

It drives me nuts when I see Greg Gabriel defending Angelo on Twitter regularly. Besides ponying up for Peppers, 2009-2011 was full-on Angelo going off the rails. I’m still enraged by the Olsen trade to this day and the Gaines Adams trade is a close second.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:28 PM, IronMike84 said:

It drives me nuts when I see Greg Gabriel defending Angelo on Twitter regularly. Besides ponying up for Peppers, 2009-2011 was full-on Angelo going off the rails. I’m still enraged by the Olsen trade to this day and the Gaines Adams trade is a close second.

The second most insulting thing in regards to the Olsen trade, was that they said they needed a big possession WR and went after Roy Williams. Big possession WR??!?! You had Greg Olsen, who could have just been a flex TE or full time WR and been 100 times better than Stonehands Williams.

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The second most insulting thing in regards to the Olsen trade, was that they said they needed a big possession WR and went after Roy Williams. Big possession WR??!?! You had Greg Olsen, who could have just been a flex TE or full time WR and been 100 times better than Stonehands Williams.

And Angelo was reportedly ready to extend Roy Williams before he got fired. That guy seriously saw enough in Williams that he was willing to give him a multi-year deal, which is just completely inexplicable.

9 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

And Angelo was reportedly ready to extend Roy Williams before he got fired. That guy seriously saw enough in Williams that he was willing to give him a multi-year deal, which is just completely inexplicable.

Uh, I never heard that. I hate Angelo even more.

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Uh, I never heard that. I hate Angelo even more.

I remember reading here it on the morning that Martz and Angelo were fired, and then it quickly got lost in the shuffle. I don't know that it's definitely true, but I don't doubt it at all. Given how Martz was so insanely particular about who had the ability to play in his stupid scheme (see: Todd Collins), it wouldn't surprise me at all if he lobbied Angelo to keep Roy Williams around.

Archived