Call Your Shot: 5 Browns & 5 General Draft Day Predictions

Mind Character

BROWNS

1. Darnold at 1

2. Barkley at 4

3. Pass on secondary in the 1st due to signing trumaine Johnson

4. Make 2 draft day trades: back into the 1st from 33 and back into the 3rd 

5. Trade back into the 3rd is for a second QB.

NFL

1. Someone trades with Indy for Mayfield

2. No tackles are taken In the top half of the 1st.

3. Josh Allen is taken in the top half of the 1st

4. Edmunds will be taken after Roquan Smith (where he should go)

5. Calvin Ridley and Courtland Sutton are taken in the late 1st and start a run on WR

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I actually think we end up selecting 4 times in the first round.

We traded a 4th round pick (108th) to move from 33rd to 29 to select David Njoku.

I think we pull off that trade twice...giving up two, 4th rounders (that we have this year) to give us four, 1st rounders in total.

This is actually a helluva idea. We would get 4 first rounders, still have a late 2nd, and the top pick in the 3rd round. 7 picks in the top 65. Hhmmm... Dam! I really like it. Plus we would have that fifth year option on the 4 guys drafted in the first.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

This is actually a helluva idea. We would get 4 first rounders, still have a late 2nd, and the top pick in the 3rd round. 7 picks in the top 65. Hhmmm... Dam! I really like it. Plus we would have that fifth year option on the 4 guys drafted in the first.

that would be insane 

1. We WILL take a Quarterback at #1

2. We WILL trade pick #4

3. We WILL NOT draft Barkley

General predictions

1. Barkley falls out of the Top 5

2. Fitzpatrick falls out of the Top 5

(Both due to "positional value")

3. 3 QBs go in the Top 4 

Browns

1. QB at 1 (Darnold)

2. Our second pick of the first round will not be one of the popular names we keep hearing (Barkley, Fitz, Chubb)

3. Two DB picks before the end of the 2nd round.

4. We end up selecting less than 10 players.

5. We come away with at least one extra 2019 selection.

General

1. 2 or less RBs selected in the 1st round/4 or more in the 2nd.

2. 3 or less WRs selected in the 1st/5 or more in the 2nd.

3. 3 QBs selected in the top 15.

4. 3 OL in the top 15 (2 OGs).

5. Ridley goes before Barkley.

10 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

At this point why not. The Browns already have the youngest roster in the NFL full of 3rd-7th round draft picks. What are you going to do with all of those 1st and 2nd year players when you bring in ANOTHER 13+ rookies on top of knowing you need to add more veterans to balance that out? 

Its either the Browns are going to start cutting bait on previous draft picks like Higgins, Kindred, ect to make room for this huge rookie class + veterans or they are going to simply have to be wheeling and dealing on draft day to consolidate their picks down from 13 to about 8. Take all of those multiple 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th round picks you have and package them to move back up for a high end talent for the simple fact that we dont need another huge rookie class.

The last thing this roster needs is another 8+ mid/late round rookies coming in on top of the 20+ we are already developing. Somethings gotta give. 

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

At this point why not. The Browns already have the youngest roster in the NFL full of 3rd-7th round draft picks. What are you going to do with all of those 1st and 2nd year players when you bring in ANOTHER 13+ rookies on top of knowing you need to add more veterans to balance that out? 

Its either the Browns are going to start cutting bait on previous draft picks like Higgins, Kindred, ect to make room for this huge rookie class + veterans or they are going to simply have to be wheeling and dealing on draft day to consolidate their picks down from 13 to about 8. Take all of those multiple 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th round picks you have and package them to move back up for a high end talent for the simple fact that we dont need another huge rookie class.

The last thing this roster needs is another 8+ mid/late round rookies coming in on top of the 20+ we are already developing. Somethings gotta give. 

I agree that we need to start cutting older players who aren't panning out but I find it curious that you mentioned Kindred as one of those.  I have been trying to figure out if he or Peppers will start at SS when we get a true FS.  I can't assume we would let him go with the year had, but I could certainly see some players drafted in the Brown era start to go because they aren't part of the new plan...

38 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

trade picks into next year so we can get even more first rounders and limit the amount of young players on the 2018 roster?

33 minutes ago, mistakey said:

trade picks into next year so we can get even more first rounders and limit the amount of young players on the 2018 roster?

I mean it's possible but trading picks for next year and constantly building for the future is a reason why this mess is here to begin with. No more trade downs, if anything package the Eagles 2nd round pick and the Browns 3rd rounder to move back up into the 1st and snag a guy you like much like Njoku last year.

For instance, take Darnold/Barkley at the top then if you see either Denzel Ward or Josh Jackson still on the board at like 15-22 range-- take your 2nd, Browns 3rd and one of the Browns 5th rounders and trade up with a team to go grab them. Start packaging picks together to go get as many impact starters as you can.

Problem is....Dorsey seems to excel to finding good mid-round talent and Wolf/Highsmith come from a system that isn't super splashy in the draft/FA.

1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree that we need to start cutting older players who aren't panning out but I find it curious that you mentioned Kindred as one of those.  I have been trying to figure out if he or Peppers will start at SS when we get a true FS.  I can't assume we would let him go with the year had, but I could certainly see some players drafted in the Brown era start to go because they aren't part of the new plan...

I just tossed a name out. I see the Browns trying to find a FS in the draft with either Fitzpatrick or Harrison maybe even in FA by potentially being back McCourty in a FS role

I can almost say with certainty that Kindred will be the 3rd rotational safety next year. He played decently at times but not nearly good enough to not view as replaceable IMO. Mostly I say this because he was 'the last groups guy'

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean it's possible but trading picks for next year and constantly building for the future is a reason why this mess is here to begin with. No more trade downs, if anything package the Eagles 2nd round pick and the Browns 3rd rounder to move back up into the 1st and snag a guy you like much like Njoku last year.

For instance, take Darnold/Barkley at the top then if you see either Denzel Ward or Josh Jackson still on the board at like 15-22 range-- take your 2nd, Browns 3rd and one of the Browns 5th rounders and trade up with a team to go grab them. Start packaging picks together to go get as many impact starters as you can.

Problem is....Dorsey seems to excel to finding good mid-round talent and Wolf/Highsmith come from a system that isn't super splashy in the draft/FA.

I’ll buy no more trade downs at 1.  But trading down from 4 to pick up a perpetual future first or trading our 3rd 2nd round pick for a 1st next year to keep the chain going.. there’s no good argument for not doing it.  

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

I’ll buy no more trade downs at 1.  But trading down from 4 to pick up a perpetual future first or trading our 3rd 2nd round pick for a 1st next year to keep the chain going.. there’s no good argument for not doing it.  

The argument for not doing it is that you are in position to get not 1 but 2 top 4 players in the draft who could change the face of your franchise. Why keep trading out of position to get those guys and delaying it until next year.

That chain of trading down for more picks has led us to the worst 2 year stretch in NFL history because we are always trading down and watching other guys take OBJ, Aaron Donald, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, ect. Those could be our guys, but the Browns traded down and decided not to take them because they valued more draft picks.

My prize for sitting here and watching 0-16 has netted me 2 of the best 4 players in the country to turn that around. Identify them and Take them!

Archived