Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Are we all in agreement here that Jordy is now officially a must start again with Rodgers back?

Not quite for me...I mean, that matchup isn't great. Rodgers could have some rust, etc. It really depends on what the options are. Take my team for example - my receivers are Michael Thomas, Hopkins, Funchess, Lee and Josh Gordon. Even if I didn't have one of Hopkins  or Thomas, I don't know that I would get Jordy in there right away. Now if you have a big drop off from Nelson to whoever else, then yeah, I think he jumps back into must start. 

Just now, Forge said:

Not quite for me...I mean, that matchup isn't great. Rodgers could have some rust, etc. It really depends on what the options are. Take my team for example - my receivers are Michael Thomas, Hopkins, Funchess, Lee and Josh Gordon. Even if I didn't have one of Hopkins  or Thomas, I don't know that I would get Jordy in there right away. Now if you have a big drop off from Nelson to whoever else, then yeah, I think he jumps back into must start. 

It’s either him, Goodwin, or Sammy watkins lol

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

It’s either him, Goodwin, or Sammy watkins lol

Ohh...yeah, Nelson then. I don't think that Goodwin will be a bad play for those that play him, but that's more in a situation like, "Goodwin or Diggs"

I have Austin Hooper and Trey Burton at TE (I picked up Burton before kick off and started him last week)............

1) Ertz is going to play this week right?

2) If so, who do I start between Hooper, Clay, Ebron, Watson, Njoku?

Everyone in the playoffs has a stable TE situation but me, so I don't think anyone is going to pick one up in the mean time.

26 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

I have Austin Hooper and Trey Burton at TE (I picked up Burton before kick off and started him last week)............

Everyone in the playoffs has a stable TE situation but me, so I don't think anyone is going to pick one up in the mean time.

Go with Watson. Has a fantastic matchup this week and has been most consistent of that bunch. Also, in week 2 against Cleveland he put up 8 for 91 yards.

35 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

Watson, I think. Love the matchup, and he's had a decent floor. All of the other guys have been a nightmare of consistency. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Watson, I think. Love the matchup, and he's had a decent floor. All of the other guys have been a nightmare of consistency. 

What about between Watson and Jesse James? I’m in pretty much the same situation being the only guy without a consistent TE to start each week. I have Watson, James, Hooper and Clay all to choose from. 

5 minutes ago, RAVINGMADD said:

What about between Watson and Jesse James? I’m in pretty much the same situation being the only guy without a consistent TE to start each week. I have Watson, James, Hooper and Clay all to choose from. 

I say Watson. Has a great matchup and has been more consistent James had a career day last week but Watson is the safer play this week against the Browns

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Philip Rivers @Kc or Big Ben vs NE.

I have Ben in right now. Ben usually does well at home. I just don't like an east coast/Sat night game for Rivers.

Thoughts?

I think you have to go with Ben. In his last 3 home starts, he has put up 28, 30, and 30 points wise. And NE defense really isn't that great. They just gave up 3 TDs to Jay Cutler in Miami so surely Big Ben will be able to do some damage. For comparison, Rivers has crossed the 20 point threshold just 3 times this season. I know he has been playing well lately but Big Ben at home in a shootout is too hard to pass up for me.

26 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I think you have to go with Ben. In his last 3 home starts, he has put up 28, 30, and 30 points wise. And NE defense really isn't that great. They just gave up 3 TDs to Jay Cutler in Miami so surely Big Ben will be able to do some damage. For comparison, Rivers has crossed the 20 point threshold just 3 times this season. I know he has been playing well lately but Big Ben at home in a shootout is too hard to pass up for me.

Thanks again. Good luck to your Fantasy team(s) if you are still alive in your league(s).

29 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thanks again. Good luck to your Fantasy team(s) if you are still alive in your league(s).

Same to you sir! I'm alive still in 2 of my 3 leagues (both my money leagues thankfully) I actually play my friend in both leagues this week so one of us could have a great or really bad weekend lol. Thankfully we only have one player that crosses over between our matchups. He has Michael Thomas in one league and I have him in the other. Other than that, its all different.

19 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Same to you sir! I'm alive still in 2 of my 3 leagues (both my money leagues thankfully) I actually play my friend in both leagues this week so one of us could have a great or really bad weekend lol. Thankfully we only have one player that crosses over between our matchups. He has Michael Thomas in one league and I have him in the other. Other than that, its all different.

My home league has been up for 7 years and I've made it to the post season every year(this year was probably the toughest, had to win week 12 to get in). Only me and another owner have been able to pull this off. Sadly, I have yet to claim the crown. I hope it is this year!

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

My home league has been up for 7 years and I've made it to the post season every year(this year was probably the toughest, had to win week 12 to get in). Only me and another owner have been able to pull this off. Sadly, I have yet to claim the crown. I hope it is this year!

My main league is currently in its 4th season. After this season, I am the only one to be able to say I have made the playoffs in each of the first 4 years and I also won it all last year so I am looking to go back to back and be the first in our league to do that. This year was probably the easiest for me. I stayed between 1-3 in the standings pretty much every week after week 3. Our 2nd year was the only year where I had to win in the final week of regular season to get in to the playoffs. And the guy I beat that week, the winner made the playoffs, loser went to the bottom 4 and that guy wound up taking last place lol.

Archived