Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Week 13 QB question.

Big ben has been hot the past two week but is on the road vs cincy this upcoming week. Do I start him or start Phillip Rivers vs Clev?

Thanks y'all.

I don't think the matchup for Rivers is as good as a lot of people would think. The secondary isn't the greatest in Cleveland, but overall, don't really think that the defense is the issue there. 

That being said, I'm not to a point where I'm playing him on the road. He hasn't earned it. I have him in my  league, and I'll likely be benching him next week for Winston (if he plays) or maybe even Jimmy G in my league, neither of whom is even close to the option you have in Rivers. Big ben has gotten 15, 11, 9, 13, 15, and 16 points in his road games. 15/16 isn't a killer, but it's not great either...and some of them have been matchup friendly. 

Yeah I had Dak but dropped him after last Thursday's meltdown.

I'm thinking(this all depends on if I continue to move into the playoffs) I can play Rivers this week(Clev) and next week (@Was) then potentially start Ben vs NE(week 15) and possibly start ben again in week 16(@Hou). so pretty much at this point, I'm playing either one based on matchups.

Also @Forge Rishard matthews was dropped this past sunday. Would you drop him for Corey Davis? I'm still waiting on Davis to have a breakout game but he wasn't able to do it yesterday even with Matthews out.

55 minutes ago, RAVINGMADD said:

I feel like I could use some help at TE for the playoffs because my only TE is Austin Hooper.  I have Russell Wilson at QB, so should I drop Alex Smith for Charles Clay or Ricky Seals-Jones? 

I would. There really shouldn't be a scenario at this point where you are trusting Smith over Wilson, and to be honest, if there comes a day when you want to do that, given Smith's play lately, he'll probably still be sitting on the wire for you to pick up. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would. There really shouldn't be a scenario at this point where you are trusting Smith over Wilson, and to be honest, if there comes a day when you want to do that, given Smith's play lately, he'll probably still be sitting on the wire for you to pick up. 

Which of the two would you take for the playoffs? Clay or Seals-Jones?  I will most likely have a first round bye so really just week 15 and 16 and both have pretty decent matchups those two weeks.  Seals-Jones has been great the past two weeks, but it's only two games, so I'm not sure whether he's the real deal or not.  Clay is probably safer, but Seals-Jones looks to have a lot of upside.  

15 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Which of the two would you take for the playoffs? Clay or Seals-Jones?  I will most likely have a first round bye so really just week 15 and 16 and both have pretty decent matchups those two weeks.  Seals-Jones has been great the past two weeks, but it's only two games, so I'm not sure whether he's the real deal or not.  Clay is probably safer, but Seals-Jones looks to have a lot of upside.  

I'm going with Clay more than likely. If you want to shoot for the moon and go with a pure upside play, then Seals-Jones has some merit. He was an intriguing UDFA this offseason. That being said, Clay is the better player, has a more defined role, I like the Bills remaining schedule, and I trust Tyrod more than I do Gabbert. 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Which def to use this week?

Chicago vs SF

Miami vs Denver

Washington @ Dallas.

Eww..This is a really tough call, and I don't love any of the options. Given Dallas' struggle, Washington has some real merit, but they are banged up and I don't love on the road thursday games. I'd probably lean Chicago...though I think if Jimmy G ends up starting, there's some debate whether you want to go that route. But they seem like the most likely team to get you a decent return without any real shot of crapping the bed. The defense isn't awful, the 49er offensive line is. I think that there's certainly a capped upside with them (I don't see them getting a return touchdown or defensive score), but given those options, I think if I can lock down 8-10 points, I'm pretty happy. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Eww..This is a really tough call, and I don't love any of the options. Given Dallas' struggle, Washington has some real merit, but they are banged up and I don't love on the road thursday games. I'd probably lean Chicago...though I think if Jimmy G ends up starting, there's some debate whether you want to go that route. But they seem like the most likely team to get you a decent return without any real shot of crapping the bed. The defense isn't awful, the 49er offensive line is. I think that there's certainly a capped upside with them (I don't see them getting a return touchdown or defensive score), but given those options, I think if I can lock down 8-10 points, I'm pretty happy. 

Yeah it isn't pretty. Hindsight but I traded for Seattle d/st after week 6 since they were done with the bye and i dropped Jacksonville def...6 weeks later I should have kept Jacksonville now I'm trying to stream. I hate it.

The league i am in had a trade deadline this week. (Really late)

I was offered Gurley for Allen, do I accept that?

my wr are Brown, Jeffrey, Jackson, Maclin

my rb are Lynch, Fournette, Abdullah, Forte 

I have a trade setup to that I can get gronk if I trade away fournette as well. It’s a standard league

7 hours ago, Breesus said:

The league i am in had a trade deadline this week. (Really late)

I was offered Gurley for Allen, do I accept that?

my wr are Brown, Jeffrey, Jackson, Maclin

my rb are Lynch, Fournette, Abdullah, Forte 

I have a trade setup to that I can get gronk if I trade away fournette as well. It’s a standard league

Standard league makes the first trade painfully obvious lol. Easy accept assuming you’re getting Gurley.

And I’d keep Fournette.

PPR pick one

Vernon Davis

Orleans Darkwa

Cordarrelle Patterson

Seth Roberts

Bruce Ellington

Crazy i might go with Vernon because of the matchup. Although Ellington has been getting a bunch of targets with fuller out and has a dream matchup. Cordarelle and Roberts are gonna get a lot of targets as well.

Archived