Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Jeez, you were pretty hosed no matter what

I actually ended up going Mariota at the very last second because I had off the next day and could stay up for the game (and had a few beers in me). His matchups are pretty good going forward so thankfully I survived that week!

I currently own Dak. As we have seen the past 2 weeks, he's struggled. If tyron smith comes back this week, should I roll with Dak or should I put in a waiver for Big Ben?Tyrod?Phillip Rivers?

update: Josh Doctson is in the pool. I have Landry, Golden Tate, Hilton and Corey Davis. Should I put in a waiver for Doctson and drop dak?

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Ok my situation is this right now. I'm up by 0.2 points, his team is done. I still have Julio that I can start tonight. Do I bench him and take the win or do I try to win by more points? I'm leaning on benching Julio and taking the win. I'm afraid that he COULD go negative, not likely but that would suck.

Play him. I feel that the risk / likelihood that he gets you negative points is actually less than the likelihood that there is a possible scoring change on your roster or opponents one way or the other that could cause you to lose the game. 

Just now, Forge said:

Play him. I feel that the risk / likelihood that he gets you negative points is actually less than the likelihood that there is a possible scoring change on your roster or opponents one way or the other that could cause you to lose the game. 

Yeah I considered that too. Stat corrections could take away my win if I decided to bench Julio.

2 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Ok my situation is this right now. I'm up by 0.2 points, his team is done. I still have Julio that I can start tonight. Do I bench him and take the win or do I try to win by more points? I'm leaning on benching Julio and taking the win. I'm afraid that he COULD go negative, not likely but that would suck.

If you were up by 2 or 3, I would say maybe do it but with it being only .2, @Forgeis right, more risk for a stat correction than Julio going negative.

Am I crazy to bench Dak Prescott vs the Chargers for Case Keenum vs the Lions? If I could get Tyrod Taylor vs KC would that be better? I'm in a 6 way tie for the last 3 spots in the playoffs

Also need to start 1 in a non-ppt league:

Joe Mixon vs Cleveland(struggled with 5 last time he played CLEV)

Demarco Murray vs Indy(scored 14 last time he played Indy)

Matt Forte vs Carolina

Jamal Williams @ Pittsburgh

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Am I crazy to bench Dak Prescott vs the Chargers for Case Keenum vs the Lions? If I could get Tyrod Taylor vs KC would that be better? I'm in a 6 way tie for the last 3 spots in the playoffs

Also need to start 1 in a non-ppt league:

Joe Mixon vs Cleveland(struggled with 5 last time he played CLEV)

Demarco Murray vs Indy(scored 14 last time he played Indy)

Matt Forte vs Carolina

Jamal Williams @ Pittsburgh

Dak without Smith and Elliot has been a complete fantasy bust. Keenum is in a nice spot but I’d definitely start Tyrod if he is the starter but who knows when it comes to that. 

And id probably go Murray, sweetheart of a matchup.

UGH lost Robert Woods. I’m clinging onto 2nd place becaus i have the most points in the league but 5 other teams have the same record as me. I really need that bye as a Zeke owner it could be massive.

If jordan Reed is out Thursday im gonna starr Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker lol. It’s ppr.

My RB situation is tough.

Demarco

Duke

Darkwa

gotta pick two unless you’d start one over Vernon/Walker

I’m leaning in Demarco and Darkwa. But Duke has a really high floor in PPR.

42 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

UGH lost Robert Woods. I’m clinging onto 2nd place becaus i have the most points in the league but 5 other teams have the same record as me. I really need that bye as a Zeke owner it could be massive.

If jordan Reed is out Thursday im gonna starr Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker lol. It’s ppr.

My RB situation is tough.

Demarco

Duke

Darkwa

gotta pick two unless you’d start one over Vernon/Walker

I’m leaning in Demarco and Darkwa. But Duke has a really high floor in PPR.

If Reed is out, definitely roll with Vernon and Delanie. RB wise, I think Demarco is a lock and between I would roll with Darkwa as well. Duke's PPR upside is nice, but he also aggravated his shoulder injury during Sunday's game apparently and Darkwa has had double digit touches each of the last 3 weeks and is clearly the best back for NYG, so I would roll him out.

What's going on everyone.

Sitting here looking at the standings I'm sitting at 7-4 placed 4th for the playoffs. Looking ahead for the playoffs and week 15-16 I was thinking. Having Wentz as my QB I can see them sitting him for those weeks, more than likely the Week 16. My other QB is Winston and I don't know if he'll play at all this year again. So here's the QB list on the FA and who they play in those weeks

Philip Rivers - Week 15 @ KC, Week 16 vs NYJ

Tyrod Taylor - Week 15 vs MIA, Week 16 @NE

Those are the only 2 I see that are worth picking up as the other QB on there aren't good or just injured. Who do you guys think I should snag.

Thanks in Advance.

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Dak without Smith and Elliot has been a complete fantasy bust. Keenum is in a nice spot but I’d definitely start Tyrod if he is the starter but who knows when it comes to that. 

And id probably go Murray, sweetheart of a matchup.

My thing with Murray is he barely seems to get touches and Henry is out producing him lately. Indy might be more competitive if Brissett plays. I at least know Mixon will get touches. Hate having to start 1

1 hour ago, xlfrosti said:

What's going on everyone.

Sitting here looking at the standings I'm sitting at 7-4 placed 4th for the playoffs. Looking ahead for the playoffs and week 15-16 I was thinking. Having Wentz as my QB I can see them sitting him for those weeks, more than likely the Week 16. My other QB is Winston and I don't know if he'll play at all this year again. So here's the QB list on the FA and who they play in those weeks

Philip Rivers - Week 15 @ KC, Week 16 vs NYJ

Tyrod Taylor - Week 15 vs MIA, Week 16 @NE

Those are the only 2 I see that are worth picking up as the other QB on there aren't good or just injured. Who do you guys think I should snag.

Thanks in Advance.

I would be surprised if they bench Wentz in week 16. Right now, Minnesota and New Orleans are both at 8-2 and both could be pushing Philly for the #1 seed still during week 16. Also, you typically don't see teams benching players until week 17. If they benched him during week 16 and had a bye in the first week of the playoffs, that would be close to a month between playing. Doubt they want to go that long between live game action.

In terms of who you should pick up, I think Rivers might be the answer because of the mess that is Buffalo. Tyrod has some good matchups, but no telling if he will actually be starting by that point. Rivers has some great matchups as well and the Chargers as a whole are playing some decent football now.

Right now my team is 8-3 and I'm tied for 2nd. The only way I'm missing the playoffs is if I lose 3 straight while others go 3-0.....and I'm playing one of the teams that can sneak in.

Pick one, half PPR:

FItzgerald vs JAX (worst matchup for any WR)

Woodhead vs HOU (apparently the worst matchup for RB)

Jamaal Williams @ PIT (6th worst matchup)

Martavis Bryant vs GB (cake matchup)

Or... Drop Bryant for Cooper Kupp vs NO (decent shot at scoring points but he's been unspectacular)

I know, I know.... "WHY ARE YOU ROSTERING BRYANT?!"

Short answer: I'm stupid for thinking he'd have a late season bounce back. This may be the week too - we have no one to run vertically with him except King. And I have a feeling, if he plays, King will be shadowing Antonio Brown.

I'm leaning towards the ballsy play of Bryant but that may be because I'm a Packer fan and it seems Bryant should torch us.

2) Charles Clay @ KC or Tyler Kroft VS CLE? Kroft has the better matchup but I love me some Tyrod/Clay.

3) What defense should I look to stash next week(would be dropping the Seahawks D/ST)?  I already stashed the Titans (@ IND, vs HOU, @ ARI, @ SF) but I need one for week 16

Archived