Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Ok guys Iam looking to upgrade my QB. 

I have two work horses in Gurley and Howard. 

My current QB is Mariota and I just feel like with this stretch of games coming up for him he will struggle. 

Who do you guys think would be the best QBs to target in a trade? Like who has a vet favorable schedule the rest of the season for a QB? Or should I just stand pat?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Ok guys Iam looking to upgrade my QB. 

I have two work horses in Gurley and Howard. 

My current QB is Mariota and I just feel like with this stretch of games coming up for him he will struggle. 

Who do you guys think would be the best QBs to target in a trade? Like who has a vet favorable schedule the rest of the season for a QB? Or should I just stand pat?

What does your roster look like and what it is league format? 

here you go @tntitans4life17

RBs

• Gurley
  • Ivory
  • Lewis
  • Bernard (I think I will be dropping him this week)
  • Duke Johnson
  • Jordan Howard

WRs

• Tate
  • Kearse
  • Benjamin
  • Allen
  • Woods

TEs

• Engram
  • Olsen (IR)

Scoring for QBs is .04pts a yard, 4pts every TD, and its non-PPR. Having  strong stable of RBs is the best thing to have hence why I have so many. I just feel like my QB is going to hold me back. It has so far this season for me.

@buno67, personally wouldn’t make a move if I were you. With it being non-PPR, Gurley and Howard is a tandem that can win you weeks. Outside of those 2, all your RBs are in timeshares or in the case of Ivory, not worth a roster spot when the starter is healthy. 

Mariota has definitely struggled and you could upgrade that spot, but I would try and do it with one of your WRs. 

In the non PPR format, Gurley and Howard should combine for enough points that you survive a bad Mariota week or two. 

Look at it this way: let’s say you move Howard (Gurley should be untouchable) and get a QB. Is the QB you get going to make up and even exceed the points differential in the drop off from Howard to another RB? Or is Howard more likely to cover the difference between a QB you trade for and Mariota so you keep Howard?

11 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

@buno67, personally wouldn’t make a move if I were you. With it being non-PPR, Gurley and Howard is a tandem that can win you weeks. Outside of those 2, all your RBs are in timeshares or in the case of Ivory, not worth a roster spot when the starter is healthy. 

Mariota has definitely struggled and you could upgrade that spot, but I would try and do it with one of your WRs. 

In the non PPR format, Gurley and Howard should combine for enough points that you survive a bad Mariota week or two. 

Look at it this way: let’s say you move Howard (Gurley should be untouchable) and get a QB. Is the QB you get going to make up and even exceed the points differential in the drop off from Howard to another RB? Or is Howard more likely to cover the difference between a QB you trade for and Mariota so you keep Howard?

I don’t want to trade Howard or Gurley. Those two are my work horses. 

Just want to know what you guys think would be a good QB to target or if I should just roll with MM. I believe the best FA QB is Dalton. I’m upset that I didn’t go after Goff a couple weeks ago when he was a FA 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t want to trade Howard or Gurley. Those two are my work horses. 

Just want to know what you guys think would be a good QB to target or if I should just roll with MM. I believe the best FA QB is Dalton. I’m upset that I didn’t go after Goff a couple weeks ago when he was a FA 

I'm not sure what the other rosters in your league look like, but personally I would just stick with Mariota unless you can work out a deal that you don't have to give up much. Is McCown still on your waiver wire? He has put up some respectable numbers the last few weeks. I just don't think you would see a big enough difference between Mariota and the guys you would get without giving up too much.

1 hour ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I'm not sure what the other rosters in your league look like, but personally I would just stick with Mariota unless you can work out a deal that you don't have to give up much. Is McCown still on your waiver wire? He has put up some respectable numbers the last few weeks. I just don't think you would see a big enough difference between Mariota and the guys you would get without giving up too much.

I had one guy try to offer me Brady. Told him Gurley, Howard, and Engram isn’t available and he stopped talking. 

I’m talking to the guy who has Matt Ryan. Am i wrong to think Ryan should have a better rest of the season than MM?

McCown is available but I don’t trust him one bit 

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I had one guy try to offer me Brady. Told him Gurley, Howard, and Engram isn’t available and he stopped talking. 

I’m talking to the guy who has Matt Ryan. Am i wrong to think Ryan should have a better rest of the season than MM?

McCown is available but I don’t trust him one bit 

I don't think Ryan has a better ROS than MM. If he does, it will be minimal. Nothing about Atlanta's offense right now says Ryan will improve. With Mariota, you can at least point to injuries both to himself and his playmakers for reasons for some of the sub par performances. With Ryan, it's harder to find those reasons. Sarkisian has really limited the offense in Atlanta. There are so many weapons there it's honestly shocking how underperforming they've been. I think Ryan and MM finish the season rather close in rankings so unless you do a straight up swap for Ryan, I wouldn't bother trading away any pieces to get him if I were you.

And I don't think McCown has great ROS value, but this week he does have a very exploitable matchup.

2 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I don't think Ryan has a better ROS than MM. If he does, it will be minimal. Nothing about Atlanta's offense right now says Ryan will improve. With Mariota, you can at least point to injuries both to himself and his playmakers for reasons for some of the sub par performances. With Ryan, it's harder to find those reasons. Sarkisian has really limited the offense in Atlanta. There are so many weapons there it's honestly shocking how underperforming they've been. I think Ryan and MM finish the season rather close in rankings so unless you do a straight up swap for Ryan, I wouldn't bother trading away any pieces to get him if I were you.

And I don't think McCown has great ROS value, but this week he does have a very exploitable matchup.

I just put a claim on McCown and waived Gio. Hopefully i pick him up. 

Archived