Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

On 10/18/2017 at 8:45 AM, SimsZilla said:

should i trade zeke away? i asked around and i could get julio for him and probably like lamar miller or someone with him 

I would. Heck, I did. I don't trust that he's playing the entire season. He gets the next two weeks...after that, I don't know. He's going to serve that suspension at some point in my opinion. Maybe it's this year, maybe it's next. I don't know. But I don't trust it. And now with the delay in the possible suspension, if he ends up serving those 6 games after week 8, you're looking at him being suspended for the fantasy playoffs. That Julio + Miller trade is nearly full value for him in my opinion, though I'm not a fan of Miller. I'm actually surprised someone is willing to give you that much value back for him. 

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Man this thread started out with a pop, now its slowly starting to die down a bit.

Pick one for my flex spot PPR league

Mixon @ PIT

Pryor @ PHI

My team as follows.

QB Wentz vs WSH

RB Zeke @ SF

RB Howard vs CAR

WR Nelson vs NO

WR M. Bryant vs CIN

TE Graham @ NYG

Flex ?

Leaning towards Pryor probably for the final time this year and if he doesn't perform I will be benching him for the rest of the year.

Thanks as always! Good luck to everyone this week.

Also Dede Westbrook someone to be adding? coming back week 9. PPR leagues

I'd probably lean toward Mixon. Pryor has the better matchup, but I'm just not convinced he does anything with it. Cousins isn't looking at him a ton. At this point, he hasn't even really taken on that d-jax role in washington where he has a big game followed by a game where he's invisible. He's just largely been invisible. I don't trust him. Mixon certainly hasn't lit the world on fire, but the volume has been there since the switch in OC. Pitt defense isn't an easy one to go against, but I'd take my chances, especially since that's more related to what they do against the pass (they haven't been stellar against the run). He was blanked on the receptions last week, but that was the only time since the change that's happened. In the other two weeks, he's gotten 3 and 4 since the change. Honestly, I can't even guarantee Pryor gets 3 or 4 receptions. He hasn't had 4 since the first week of the season. I'm just not a fan of Pryor though. 

As for Westbrook? Eh, not with that passing offense. They rely heavily on the run, and the quarterback is Bortles. I think he may be good for a big play or two here and there, but I figure he's going to be a lesser version of Allen Hurns to be honest. Unless you have super deep benches in your league, I really don't see much of a reason to add Westbrook even as a speculative add. 

9 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

Currently have Carr as my Backup QB. With Watson on a Bye I have to play him. Idk If I trust Carr though. Carson palmer is available as a FA in my league. Should I swap palmer for carr this week, stick with what I have, or look elsewhere?

I like Palmer more than Carr probably, but I wouldn't drop Carr for Palmer, if that makes sense. If you can carry 3 quarterbacks for the week, I'd drop some other bench warmer for Palmer. Though if you have to drop Carr, it wouldn't be the end of the world as I'm assuming this is a one quarterback league and Watson should be your starter every week from here on out, so it's not a huge deal. I just like Palmers match up better this week, and he's been pretty consistent this year from a fantasy perspective. The Rams defense is meh, so I think that's a decent matchup, and in the last 4 weeks in my league, he's notched 21, 15, 15, and 20 points. Carr has largely been not great at all this year and is kind of living on previous years production at this point. While Carr could absolutely go off, he's never particularly played well against KC (some of that was weather related, should be noted), and given that he hasn't really played all that well this year, it's hard for me to trust him over a guy like Palmer who outside of week one, has been a perfectly adequate fantasy starter at this point 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I like Palmer more than Carr probably, but I wouldn't drop Carr for Palmer, if that makes sense. If you can carry 3 quarterbacks for the week, I'd drop some other bench warmer for Palmer. Though if you have to drop Carr, it wouldn't be the end of the world as I'm assuming this is a one quarterback league and Watson should be your starter every week from here on out, so it's not a huge deal. I just like Palmers match up better this week, and he's been pretty consistent this year from a fantasy perspective. The Rams defense is meh, so I think that's a decent matchup, and in the last 4 weeks in my league, he's notched 21, 15, 15, and 20 points. Carr has largely been not great at all this year and is kind of living on previous years production at this point. While Carr could absolutely go off, he's never particularly played well against KC (some of that was weather related, should be noted), and given that he hasn't really played all that well this year, it's hard for me to trust him over a guy like Palmer who outside of week one, has been a perfectly adequate fantasy starter at this point 

Man I read this before the game, and you made some really great points, but I stayed loyal to DC thinking he might go off tonight for some reason. Glad luck was on my side tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

Man I read this before the game, and you made some really great points, but I stayed loyal to DC thinking he might go off tonight for some reason. Glad luck was on my side tonight. 

I'm not going to lie - I was watching the game and thinking about my post like, "damn, I botched that". Glad you stuck with Carr. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd probably lean toward Mixon. Pryor has the better matchup, but I'm just not convinced he does anything with it. Cousins isn't looking at him a ton. At this point, he hasn't even really taken on that d-jax role in washington where he has a big game followed by a game where he's invisible. He's just largely been invisible. I don't trust him. Mixon certainly hasn't lit the world on fire, but the volume has been there since the switch in OC. Pitt defense isn't an easy one to go against, but I'd take my chances, especially since that's more related to what they do against the pass (they haven't been stellar against the run). He was blanked on the receptions last week, but that was the only time since the change that's happened. In the other two weeks, he's gotten 3 and 4 since the change. Honestly, I can't even guarantee Pryor gets 3 or 4 receptions. He hasn't had 4 since the first week of the season. I'm just not a fan of Pryor though. 

As for Westbrook? Eh, not with that passing offense. They rely heavily on the run, and the quarterback is Bortles. I think he may be good for a big play or two here and there, but I figure he's going to be a lesser version of Allen Hurns to be honest. Unless you have super deep benches in your league, I really don't see much of a reason to add Westbrook even as a speculative add. 

Same team same question but would you start Derrick Henry over Mixon?

9 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Same team same question but would you start Derrick Henry over Mixon?

I want to say Henry, but Browns have been playing really well vs the run. If there is any week to play him with any sort of confidence, I think this is the one though with Murray potentially out.

Think I'd still go Mixon though.

Archived