Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Would you guys trade Amari Cooper for Tevin Coleman or Duke Johnson or Theo Riddick in a 0.5 PPR league?  I already said no to Riddick, but I think I would do Coleman or Duke.

Cooper will stink this week and then blow up for the rest of the season; the guy is trying to buy low which is smart

With that said, RBs > WRs so I'd definitely do it for Coleman who will see the easiest (or 2nd or 3rd) run D schedule over the next 6 weeks

Duke has been good but he's a Brown so IDK

If you are loaded at WR and need RBs to play then I'd do the Coleman deal for sure

39 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Two separate questions- both for the same league. PPR, 7pts per TD for all players:

- I have guys on bye- would you start Taylor Gabriel or Ricardo Louis?

-Secondly, out of these 5 RBs- picks 3 to play (Lamar Miller, Alvin Kamara, Elijah McGuire, Chris Thompson, Tevin Coleman)

- Both I think are good options but Gabriel

- Kamara, McGuire and Coleman or Miller. I can't decide

2 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

How long should I keep D. Henry on my team for? I have kept him as a lottery ticket but I'm getting tired of wasting a roster spot. Should I try and deal him to the Murray owner as a handcuff? My backs are McCoy, Howard, Blount, A. Jones, Cohen. Or should I get rid of Cohen instead?

What are you replacing him with is the question I would have. 

42 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Two separate questions- both for the same league. PPR, 7pts per TD for all players:

- I have guys on bye- would you start Taylor Gabriel or Ricardo Louis?

-Secondly, out of these 5 RBs- picks 3 to play (Lamar Miller, Alvin Kamara, Elijah McGuire, Chris Thompson, Tevin Coleman)

If Britt is out, I think I'd go with Louis. 8, 9 and 6 targets the last three weeks, and I actually think that Hogan will do a better job of getting rid of the ball and help the passing game a little more than Kizer. Not ideal to have to use either guy though. 

Miller, Kamara, McGuire if Powell is out for sure. If Powell is playing, you can still make a point for McGuire, but at that point Coleman becomes more of an option because even if Powell is limited, he's going to eat into McGuire's touches, and I don't know that McGuire is a good enough player to use sans known volume. 

4 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Cooper will stink this week and then blow up for the rest of the season; the guy is trying to buy low which is smart

With that said, RBs > WRs so I'd definitely do it for Coleman who will see the easiest (or 2nd or 3rd) run D schedule over the next 6 weeks

Duke has been good but he's a Brown so IDK

If you are loaded at WR and need RBs to play then I'd do the Coleman deal for sure

Yea, I drafted Cooper in the 3rd round, so it's tough to give up on him this early for a player drafted in the 10th round, but I also had David Johnson, and that injury has been killing me at RB.  Here's my team:

QB: Mariota

WR: Hopkins

WR: Theilen

RB: Anderson

RB: McKinnon

TE: Kelce

FLEX: Gillislee

Bench:

Cooper

Baldwin

Corey Davis

Perine

Morris

McFadden

IR: DJ

Would you still do the trade?

2 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

I dunno. Just want a player that I can actually use if needed.

Henry is likely to be a better, more viable option than anyone you can use on the waiver wire, but I don't know the depth of your league. In my main league, the best running backs on the market are Collins, Vereen, Foreman, Marlon Mack, and Chris Ivory. Think I'd rather have Henry over any of those guys. But if you're not playing him anyway, then sure, it likely won't matter in the end. 

20 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Would you guys trade Amari Cooper for Tevin Coleman or Duke Johnson or Theo Riddick in a 0.5 PPR league?  I already said no to Riddick, but I think I would do Coleman or Duke.

I'd hold tight. You could certainly use a running back, but I like that you have Perine with Kelly's injury, and McFadden/Morris. That may buy you some time in the immediate future to hope that Cooper turns it around. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yea, I drafted Cooper in the 3rd round, so it's tough to give up on him this early for a player drafted in the 10th round, but I also had David Johnson, and that injury has been killing me at RB.  Here's my team:

QB: Mariota

WR: Hopkins

WR: Theilen

RB: Anderson

RB: McKinnon

TE: Kelce

FLEX: Gillislee

Bench:

Cooper

Baldwin

Corey Davis

Perine

Morris

McFadden

IR: DJ

Would you still do the trade?

Hmmm, I think you have a really good team sans QB

Honestly, maybe not because you have players who are putting numbers up now, but if you keep Cooper and Baldwin, you have those players + guys who can blow up

I'd wait it out; you're in no rush to make a trade

Ask the same question again in 3 weeks IMO

Pick 2 PPR league

The Crow @ HOU

Aaron Jones @ MN

McGuire vs NEP

Jerick the Jet vs GB

Leaning towards the ones in the bold. Not really liking the zero RB strategy haha My team this week a follows.

QB Brisett

RB ?

RB ?

WR Julio

WR TY

WR Thielen

TE Ertz

Also for a question for PPR leagues, would you add Tyler Kroft next week now that Eifert is on IR? Id be dropping the likes of Ebron, Cook, ASJ, Fleener?

1 minute ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I'm weak at WR. Literally- Baldwin, Maclin, Ginn, C. Davis.
RB- McCoy, Ajayi, C. Thompson, both cowboys backups.

.5 ppr. Do you think if I offered Ajayi for Cooper that would be a good trade on my end?

I don't meant his harshly, more constructively, but it looks like you're weak at everything

I'd try to trade guys for smaller names that produce

Archived