Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

What is the consensus on sitting a player when you're in a tight game, your opponent is done, you're up slightly with 1 player remaining?  Is benching them and taking the guaranteed win cheap?  Or smart?

My situation:  Winning 125.10 to 122.82.  Opponent is done, I have Latavius Murray tonight.  I 100% get the win if I bench him, but I also lose out on any extra points going towards tie breakers.  But I also run the risk of trotting him out there, he gets a 5 yard loss, fumbles and gets knocked out of the game and I lose.  Odds are against it, but are the extra points worth the risk of a guaranteed win, especially when I'm 2-2 and only 1 game out of 1st in a 12 team league?

1 hour ago, beezee said:

What is the consensus on sitting a player when you're in a tight game, your opponent is done, you're up slightly with 1 player remaining?  Is benching them and taking the guaranteed win cheap?  Or smart?

My situation:  Winning 125.10 to 122.82.  Opponent is done, I have Latavius Murray tonight.  I 100% get the win if I bench him, but I also lose out on any extra points going towards tie breakers.  But I also run the risk of trotting him out there, he gets a 5 yard loss, fumbles and gets knocked out of the game and I lose.  Odds are against it, but are the extra points worth the risk of a guaranteed win, especially when I'm 2-2 and only 1 game out of 1st in a 12 team league?

I did it with the championship on the line, ended up picking up Chad Ochocinco (who was retired at that point) and started him over AJ Green to guarantee the win and several hundred bucks.

Never done it during the regular season myself, but I would do it if you have the roster spot available. Although, I would feel pretty good about Murray getting you positive points.

If you have big money involved, I'd try to avoid starting Murray and get the definite win. Don't know if I made your decision any easier, but good luck!

0.5 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB – Aaron Rodgers

RB – C.J. Anderson, Doug Martin, Christian McCaffery, Alvin Kamara Andre Ellington, Derrick Henry, Alex Collins

WR – Odell Beckham, Keenan Allen, DeVante Parker, Martavis Bryant, Tyrell Williams

TE – Rob Gronkowski, Hunter Henry

I’m currently 3-1, my matchup this week is 50-50.

I’m currently dealing with a ton of injuries.  Last week I lost Cook and Carson, and this week Beckham and maybe Parker.

What would you do with my team going forward?  I think I’m good at RB and can use them in my flex, but my WR position is hurting and I don’t really trust Bryant.

Would you try and dangle Rodgers in a trade, if so who would you target?

Waiver Wire targets are Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Paul Richardsons, Brandon Coleman, Roger Lewis, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis.

Thank you

10 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

After Aaron Jones great day yesterday do people here think he might have cemented himself to at least be the #2 back in GB?

I think he's the #2 after this week, but I don't know how long that is helpful. Ty has already been practicing, and was only questionable for most of the week. I think you can get two more weeks max. The Packers bye week placement is pretty perfect in this situation. I don't see they would feel the need to bring him back in the week prior to the bye, even if he wants to play or can possibly play, just not at 100%. I don't see why they would need to do that. So unless there is some really surprising news about him really practicing for real this week (supposedly he practiced last week, but media said they never really saw him out there in the portion that was open to them), I think you get 2 more weeks. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

My RB situation is killing me at 2-3 even though i have scored the 3rd most points

Would you add Jerick Mckinnon or Buck Allen if it meant cutting J-Stew or Derrick Henry(i have Murray too)

Since you have Murray I wouldnt drop Henry at all, Id probably would rather have Jerick the Jet going forward. Even though Lat Murray still isnt right from his ankle surgery. I believe this is Jericks contract year as well. I dont see us resigning him so he wants to play well.

Archived