Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Is Aaron Jones going to ball out for a few weeks or is his trade value at an all time high right now? 

Thinking about packaging Jones and Coleman for an RB1 but not really sure who to target. Any help on what those 2 would be worth in a package? Could I get an RB1? Do I try and snag up the Titans backfield? 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is Aaron Jones going to ball out for a few weeks or is his trade value at an all time high right now? 

Thinking about packaging Jones and Coleman for an RB1 but not really sure who to target. Any help on what those 2 would be worth in a package? Could I get an RB1? Do I try and snag up the Titans backfield? 

I think he's a lock for one week...after that, it's murky. I don't expect Williams to miss a lot of time (maybe this week, but that should be about it), and there's still no guarantee that Ty is out for a long time. There were already reports that his injury isn't as bad as expected and he could actually be ready to play as early as this week. I don't know that he plays, but I don't suspect that he's going to be out for a super long time either. 

Best case scenario for Jones is that both other running backs miss this week, then Williams comes back the following week and he's in a questionable and untrustworthy time share for at least one week...then you get a better idea of the market share for each, but by then, I suspect Ty is back. I think that if you have some guys on bye weeks this one, he's a good filler. If he's not going to play for you this week, I may try and trade him for any sort of value. 

I'm 1-3 in my ultra-competitive .5 PPR league but it's more so because I have the second most points scored against me in the league than because I have a bad team.

I just lost Chris Carson for the year.

I start Jordy Nelson and Michael Thomas at WR and that will not change all season. I then start Chris Hogan in my FLEX.

Pierre Garcon is my WR4 with Paul Richardson behind him and I am in need of a RB.

I now have Mike Gillislee, Mark Ingram, Ameer Abdullah, Jon Stewart, Rex Burkhead, and Tarik Cohen at RB. Not the worst situation but not the best either at RB.

Do I trade Pierre Garcon for Andre Ellington who is running routes on 95% of his plays right now on a ateam with a terrible OL who needs a quick out-put?

13 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'm 1-3 in my ultra-competitive .5 PPR league but it's more so because I have the second most points scored against me in the league than because I have a bad team.

I just lost Chris Carson for the year.

I start Jordy Nelson and Michael Thomas at WR and that will not change all season. I then start Chris Hogan in my FLEX.

Pierre Garcon is my WR4 with Paul Richardson behind him and I am in need of a RB.

I now have Mike Gillislee, Mark Ingram, Ameer Abdullah, Jon Stewart, Rex Burkhead, and Tarik Cohen at RB. Not the worst situation but not the best either at RB.

Do I trade Pierre Garcon for Andre Ellington who is running routes on 95% of his plays right now on a ateam with a terrible OL who needs a quick out-put?

I wouldn't make that trade, unless there are still quality WR options in the FA pool. You have four RBs who you can start any week based on matchups that are just as serviceable as Ellington and I'd rather sit on Garcon as depth than snag a 5th/6th RB. If you want RB depth just wait for the next hot waiver add and drop Richardson. Can't imagine you'd ever start Richardson based on your roster. I always start by looking to make 2-1's (traded Golladay/Cousins for Abdullah last week), so that could be an option. If you're rostering that many RBs and it's ultra-competitive there has to be a pretty RB needy team out there. Maybe offer them a combo of Abdullah (coming off a hot game, getting a lot of good pub this week) and Ingram or Cohen for an upgrade.

14 minutes ago, johnnyonetime said:

I wouldn't make that trade, unless there are still quality WR options in the FA pool. You have four RBs who you can start any week based on matchups that are just as serviceable as Ellington and I'd rather sit on Garcon as depth than snag a 5th/6th RB. If you want RB depth just wait for the next hot waiver add and drop Richardson. Can't imagine you'd ever start Richardson based on your roster. I always start by looking to make 2-1's (traded Golladay/Cousins for Abdullah last week), so that could be an option. If you're rostering that many RBs and it's ultra-competitive there has to be a pretty RB needy team out there. Maybe offer them a combo of Abdullah (coming off a hot game, getting a lot of good pub this week) and Ingram or Cohen for an upgrade.

Very good advice - I should try 2 for 1s first bc I have the depth

I feel like you may be higher on my RBs than I am; while they all in theory should have high floors, they all have little to no star upside

Ellington is seeing 10+ targets a game which entices me a lot

Just now, Bianconero said:

Very good advice - I should try 2 for 1s first bc I have the depth

I feel like you may be higher on my RBs than I am; while they all in theory should have high floors, they all have little to no star upside

Ellington is seeing 10+ targets a game which entices me a lot

I like to adhere to Keyser's advice and always just make sure I'm getting the most valuable player in the trade. Ellington is a nice starter with a good floor, but he also doesn't offer that star upside you're targeting. Trading for him would allow for more flexibility in making another deal, but you could also be stuck trying to decide between 5 RBs every week.

8 minutes ago, johnnyonetime said:

I like to adhere to Keyser's advice and always just make sure I'm getting the most valuable player in the trade. Ellington is a nice starter with a good floor, but he also doesn't offer that star upside you're targeting. Trading for him would allow for more flexibility in making another deal, but you could also be stuck trying to decide between 5 RBs every week.

Yeah, I always live by that rule too but I think deciding between 5 RBs every week vs 4 is a good thing, lol

Keeping Garcon for more value like you said + still having to deal with Jordy and Hogan's BYEs are keeping me from definitely doing the deal.

I think Ellington offers a floor of 12 points from the RB position tho (mainly from his pass game production) for a guy who will only play for me on BYEs.

That's my rationale but reallly tough now that we talk about it.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think he's a lock for one week...after that, it's murky. I don't expect Williams to miss a lot of time (maybe this week, but that should be about it), and there's still no guarantee that Ty is out for a long time. There were already reports that his injury isn't as bad as expected and he could actually be ready to play as early as this week. I don't know that he plays, but I don't suspect that he's going to be out for a super long time either. 

Best case scenario for Jones is that both other running backs miss this week, then Williams comes back the following week and he's in a questionable and untrustworthy time share for at least one week...then you get a better idea of the market share for each, but by then, I suspect Ty is back. I think that if you have some guys on bye weeks this one, he's a good filler. If he's not going to play for you this week, I may try and trade him for any sort of value. 

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Jones would be the starter even if Williams comes back. Trust factor with Rodgers. 

7 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Jones would be the starter even if Williams comes back. Trust factor with Rodgers. 

Possible, but there's no sample size to know for sure. Before both of those guys got injured, he had 0 carries I believe. Williams did have a few, so he was evidently the #2 guy up until that point. I'm not sure what suddenly changed over the course of 60% of a game, and they are both rookies, so I'm not sure where all the trust would be coming from. That being said, even if he is, I still think it would be a time share or some sort of split carries between the two of them, and Williams is saying that he's going to play this week (that obviously remains to be seen). And then as I said, had to even gauge how long Montgomery is out for. I think that Jones has very little long term value, so if I can get a player back with long term value, particularly from Ty Montgomery's owner, I'd probably do it. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Need a RB and 2 WRs: Non-PPR

Joe Mixon vs Buffalo

Christian Mccaffrey vs Detroit 

Tarik Cohen vs Minny

Adam Thielen vs Chicago

Randall Cobb vs Dallas

Chris Hogan vs TB

Tyrell Williams vs NYG

WRs are Cobb and Hogan no question in my mind.

At RB, I like Cohen. With a Rookie QB I feel like he is going to rely on Cohen a little bit. But all have tough matchups. Mixon will get the most touches. 

18 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

No one would trade much for Coleman and Jones together.  I don't even know that Montgomery even misses any time.

Archived