Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Should I do Zeke for Michael Thomas? .5 ppr, I'm good at running back, and really hurting at wide receiver after Arob's injury and Pryor's awful start.

Currently have Zeke / Howard / Hunt / Carson / Smallwood / Foreman / Buck Allen at running back

Hopkins / Pryor / Stills / Kearse at wide receiver.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Should I do Zeke for Michael Thomas? .5 ppr, I'm good at running back, and really hurting at wide receiver after Arob's injury and Pryor's awful start.

Currently have Zeke / Howard / Hunt / Carson / Smallwood / Foreman / Buck Allen at running back

Hopkins / Pryor / Stills / Kearse at wide receiver.

I'd try to get more tbh

What are your guys' thoughts on Mark Ingram? I think they are nearing the end of the AP experience and he is going to take complete control of that backfield. Should i value him as a good RB2 if I have zeke? I'm thinking about trading Snead and Crowell or Vereen for him. Crowell just looks awful this year. Real dumb of me to buy into him.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I'd try to get more tbh

Very unlikely I get more. I think I can swing this deal (not a guarantee), but this league is the most "anti trade" league I have ever seen. Honestly, it's awful. The trades people are willing to accept are typically extremely lopsided before they will accept. I mentioned earlier to the league that I was looking to move a running back and wanted to improve my quarterback position (2 qb league, I have Ben, Mariota and Rivers). Those guys are just fine, so what I wanted was a Rodgers type. The deals I got were like Cam + Gore for Rivers  + Zeke. Really bad. It used not to be that way - when the league first started, people traded...but then for like 3 straight years, I ended up completely fleecing someone in the trade market and went on a crazy run of championships in part because of them (they were fair trades at the time, but it always just seemed to massively work out in my favor by the end of the year) and it made people crazy paranoid, especially when dealing with me. Sometimes it does work in my favor though (last year I wanted to buy low on AP, sell high on Melvin Gordon...the guy didn't take the deal I offered, and he got stuck with AP and I had Gordon until he got hurt).

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

What are your guys' thoughts on Mark Ingram? I think they are nearing the end of the AP experience and he is going to take complete control of that backfield. Should i value him as a good RB2 if I have zeke? I'm thinking about trading Snead and Crowell or Vereen for him. Crowell just looks awful this year. Real dumb of me to buy into him.

I think I'm going to be late on the party for Ingram. He's got talent, but I really hate the way that backfield is being run overall. There's a very good chance that what you say happens, but I need to see a little something happen before I think it's likely to happen. The problem for me is that I think it's just going to flip at some point, and there's not really going to be a build up. Is Snead your WR 3 or 4? If he's your 4, I would definitely do the Vereen + Snead deal. Crowell I'm just slightly more reluctant on. Yes, the efficiency sucks, and he hasn't done well at all, but at the same time, the volume is there, which gives him a decent floor. I wouldn't hate Crowell + Snead, but it's a risk either way. You're banking on Ingram getting the reps you think are coming, but there's no guarantee. If you keep Crowell, you're banking on an increase in performance with the same volume. Crowell isn't really a good player - but he could still have a serviceable fantasy season in the way that Zac Stacy was relevant a couple of years ago or the way Jeremy Langford was on the back half of the 2015 season.

19 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Should I trade Jordan Reed & Mike Gillislee for Amari Cooper?

I feel like right now is the time to buy Cooper. I know Reed has value but man he can't stay healthy. 

On the surface, I like this trade, but I would need to know the rest of your roster. Reed is really struggling to stay on the field right now and even when he plays, you have to be concerned about him actually playing the entire game. Gillislee is touchdown dependent in a major way, and is a complete non-factor in ppr leagues (I don't think he even has a target so far this year). 

Hey Key!

It's been a while man, how are things?  I've been away from the forum since the face lift.  How are your fantasy teams doing?  

I know it's already well into the season, but I was hoping to get some roster feedback.  I was feeling ok about my draft and current roster, but now after sitting 0-3, I'm wondering whether to blow up my team and start looking for some blockbuster trades.  

PPR, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, D, K

QB: Carr, Dalton (streamer this week vs Cle)

RB: Gordon, Hyde, Cohen, Martin, Quizz, Carson

WR: Green, D Thomas, Thielen, Garcon, B Marshall

TE: Rudolph

D/ST: Stream (currently Jags vs NYJ)

K: Lutz

I had the Pats D week 1 (-3 points) and Balt D (-6 points) and Rudolph (1 point) week 3 which killed me those weeks.  Other than that I feel ok about my roster.  Maybe looking to upgrade my WR2.  Any suggestions?  

22 hours ago, Forge said:

On the surface, I like this trade, but I would need to know the rest of your roster. Reed is really struggling to stay on the field right now and even when he plays, you have to be concerned about him actually playing the entire game. Gillislee is touchdown dependent in a major way, and is a complete non-factor in ppr leagues (I don't think he even has a target so far this year). 

Well my backup TE is Marty Bennett and there's Evan engram on waivers. 

My RBs are very deep. But my WR core is not because I gambled on Pryor and he's been terrible. 

My WR 1 is Julio, and i just like the thought of a Cooper/Julio combo the rest of the year. 

11 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Well my backup TE is Marty Bennett and there's Evan engram on waivers. 

My RBs are very deep. But my WR core is not because I gambled on Pryor and he's been terrible. 

My WR 1 is Julio, and i just like the thought of a Cooper/Julio combo the rest of the year. 

I'd do it

Archived