Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

On 9/21/2017 at 7:37 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Standard scoring. I have a lot of players that are ranked primarily so I'm struggling to decide who to start/sit this early into the season.

RB:

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

Murray vs. Seattle, Coleman vs. Det, Abdullah vs. Atl, Mixon vs. GB, White vs. Houston, Kamara vs. Carolina, Cohen vs. Pitt

WR: Parker vs. NYJ, Nelson vs. Cin, Kupp vs. Det

Assuming Murray and Nelson play, bolded are my leans. Thoughts guys?

Only change I make is White for Abdullah.

On 9/21/2017 at 8:57 AM, bigben07MVP said:

.5 PPR:

Chris Hogan VS Hou

or

Chris Carson @ TEN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also:

Stafford VS ATL

or 

Cam Newton VS NO

Thanks in advance!

Hogan, Newton.

On 9/21/2017 at 12:35 PM, mattyice0401 said:

PPR league  pick one, leaning towards the ones in bold.

Henry vs SEA

Abdullah vs ATL

Mixon @ GB

Carson @ TEN 

Also who should I start at flex same league 

M. Bryant @ CHI

T. Williams vs KC

Kupp @ SF

Thanks as always.

Henry only if Murray is out.  Otherwise, Carson.  Bryant is my pick there.

4 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So things are not so good on my end right now. 0-2 and DeMarco Murray is looking like a big old bust. Playing Todd Gurley this week so.... 0-3 looks likely.

Picked up Chris Carson this week off of waivers, and I also have Rawls on my bench for now. Was thinking that I wanted to give it one more week to confirm that Carson is the guy there before dropping Rawls. 

I have Russel Wilson who feels like he's the worst of all worlds, unstartable but also undroppable, and I've had little success trying to package him in trade offers. 

Do you think Siemian (@. BUF), Wentz (vs. NYG), or Prescott (@ARI) are worth dropping Rawls to try to make a go at getting an unlikely win this week?

Would you just drop Wilson altogether for one of these guys? 

Wilson is a second-half player.  He will find his groove.  That said, I wouldn't start him this week.  I would start Wentz.  Just drop Rawls for Wentz.

I'm still struggling with whether I want to do this trade. 

Should I trade TY Hilton for Doug Baldwin?

this whole Andrew Luck situation has me nervous on Hilton. And I'm worried that Luck may not come back with a lost season and TY's fantasy stock will hit rock bottom. 

On 9/14/2017 at 8:34 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

Is the time now to buy low on Joe Mixon? Or is that Oline gonna make it tough on him all year?

Dynasty league?  Absolutely!

Most other leagues... yes, with the caveat that I'd still be looking for a really good deal.  I think Lazor is going to make a point to put the ball in his and AJ Green's hands more often and Mixon has the kind of talent that he can still produce in spite of that OL.  This is likely the lowest his stock is going to get, so you ought to at least try.

1 hour ago, packers0491 said:

Need a flex not sure who I want to start, I got Alshon, McCaffrey and Parker.

Well, pretty sure Parker was ruled out today or at least the injury is enough of a concern.

McCaffrey should go off this week, but we've yet to really see it, whereas we have with Alshon (who is healthy and that's really the only issue we've ever had with him as a fantasy player).  I'd say it kind of depends on your matchup this week.

If you need the floor over the ceiling, I'd start Alshon.  If you're in the kind of match-up where your opponent has a couple real threats to blow up this week (or for example if you're facing an opponent who already started Gurley), McCaffrey may be the better swing for the fences.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well, pretty sure Parker was ruled out today or at least the injury is enough of a concern.

McCaffrey should go off this week, but we've yet to really see it, whereas we have with Alshon (who is healthy and that's really the only issue we've ever had with him as a fantasy player).  I'd say it kind of depends on your matchup this week.

If you need the floor over the ceiling, I'd start Alshon.  If you're in the kind of match-up where your opponent has a couple real threats to blow up this week (or for example if you're facing an opponent who already started Gurley), McCaffrey may be the better swing for the fences.

I'd go with Alshon. I hate expecting the rookies to just blow up. Yes he has talent but a healthy Alshon is dangerous and an uncontested 1st option 

3 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

I'm still struggling with whether I want to do this trade. 

Should I trade TY Hilton for Doug Baldwin?

this whole Andrew Luck situation has me nervous on Hilton. And I'm worried that Luck may not come back with a lost season and TY's fantasy stock will hit rock bottom. 

I would take that trade easily

having a hard time with this team, I am 0-2 but feel like I have a decent squad. PPR league

QB Brees @ CAR

RB1 Shady vs DEN

RB2?

WR1Alshon vs NYG

WR2 Kearse vs MIA

Flex ?

TE Ebron vs ATL or Njoko @ IND

SO I guess I need some help picking my RB2 and my Flex, hell I am not even 100% in on Kearse. My options for my RB2 and flex are as follows

Cohen @ PIT

Howard @ PIT

Henry vs SEA

TY vs CLE

Maclin @ JAX 

Thielen vs TBB

Leaning towards the peeps in bold

Thanks as always!

Archived