Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Standard scoring. I have a lot of players that are ranked primarily so I'm struggling to decide who to start/sit this early into the season.

RB:

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

Murray vs. Seattle, Coleman vs. Det, Abdullah vs. Atl, Mixon vs. GB, White vs. Houston, Kamara vs. Carolina, Cohen vs. Pitt

WR: Parker vs. NYJ, Nelson vs. Cin, Kupp vs. Det

Assuming Murray and Nelson play, bolded are my leans. Thoughts guys?

47 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

.5 PPR:

Chris Hogan VS Hou

or

Chris Carson @ TEN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also:

Stafford VS ATL

or 

Cam Newton VS NO

Thanks in advance!

Think I lean Hogan and Cam on those.

.5 ppr
McCoy vs DEN
Cohen vs PIT
C. Thompson vs OAK

If Howard is out, I'll go Cohen..... I think. Not looking like he will miss at this point though. Rob Kelley may miss too so that should help Thompson some. McCoy scares me just after seeing what happened with Zeke.

So things are not so good on my end right now. 0-2 and DeMarco Murray is looking like a big old bust. Playing Todd Gurley this week so.... 0-3 looks likely.

Picked up Chris Carson this week off of waivers, and I also have Rawls on my bench for now. Was thinking that I wanted to give it one more week to confirm that Carson is the guy there before dropping Rawls. 

I have Russel Wilson who feels like he's the worst of all worlds, unstartable but also undroppable, and I've had little success trying to package him in trade offers. 

Do you think Siemian (@. BUF), Wentz (vs. NYG), or Prescott (@ARI) are worth dropping Rawls to try to make a go at getting an unlikely win this week?

Would you just drop Wilson altogether for one of these guys? 

I could trade my Dalvin Cook and DeAndre Hopkins for his Julio.

I said no initially, but I am 0-2 so far and my players are:

WR: Green, Hopkins, Landry, JJ Nelson, Corey Davis

RB: Ajayi, Cook, Cohen, Ingam, James White

Cohen and Nelson are sitting on my bench atm and feel they could potentially start.

Should I do it?

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So things are not so good on my end right now. 0-2 and DeMarco Murray is looking like a big old bust. Playing Todd Gurley this week so.... 0-3 looks likely.

Picked up Chris Carson this week off of waivers, and I also have Rawls on my bench for now. Was thinking that I wanted to give it one more week to confirm that Carson is the guy there before dropping Rawls. 

I have Russel Wilson who feels like he's the worst of all worlds, unstartable but also undroppable, and I've had little success trying to package him in trade offers. 

Do you think Siemian (@. BUF), Wentz (vs. NYG), or Prescott (@ARI) are worth dropping Rawls to try to make a go at getting an unlikely win this week?

Would you just drop Wilson altogether for one of these guys? 

I wouldn't drop Wilson, he seems to start off slow every year. He'll be fine. 

On 9/19/2017 at 12:32 PM, MightyMouse07 said:

Same team from earlier PPR league, 2 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex:

RB - Zeke, Stewart, Henry, CJ1K, Powell

WR - Pryor, Fitz, Ty. Williams, Amendola, Kearse

I was offered the following trade:

Zeke for Lynch and Hopkins

I also have 2 other trades on the table:

Pryor for Cohen

Fitz for Abdullah

Do you think I should take the Zeke trade?  If I do, should I pull the trigger on one of the other deals?

How my team could do:

Lynch, Cohen/Abdullah, Henry, CJ1K

Hopkins, Pryor/Fitz, Ty. Williams, Amendola, Kearse

Don't think I'd sell that low on Zeke.  I wouldn't accept any of those three trades.

On 9/19/2017 at 12:33 PM, Forge said:

Who would you guys pick up as a handcuff stash? This would be my rb #5, so unlikely to ever see the field without a changing of the guard or injury. 

D'onta Foreman. I thought he looked good last week in limited touches. Probably even better than Miller. But I don't trust BOB to make that change. 

Samaje Perine. He offers little to nothing in the receiving game and is strictly a 2 down back, but already snagged 21 carries in the last game. Not sure Rob Kelly is in any danger though. 

Matt Breida - this may seem a bit peculiar, and this would be solely an injury stash. He's the clear cut number 2 in SF, and ripped off a couple of nice runs against Seatte last week. That being said, Hyde has a stranglehold on the touches right now, but isn't exactly a paragon of health. 

There are also a couple of other options - Ellington and CJ in arizona, though I don't love either of those guys. Marlon Mack is already getting a lot of snaps, but he's not looked impressive to me. Jamaal Williams in green bay

My current group is Zeke, Jordan Howard, Hunt, and Chris Carson (I also have Rawls, but he's going to be a guy that I cut) 

Breida or Perine.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:03 PM, Texansfan713 said:

I'm 2-0. :)

Someone offered me this trade.

I send:

Keenan Allen

Jack Doyle

I receive

Lamar Miller

D'onta Foreman

Brandon Marshall

This is my current roster

QB- Mariota

RB- McCoy

RB- Gore

WR- Cooper

WR- Allen

TE- Witten

Flex- Benjamin

TE- Doyle

WR- Ginn

RB- Vereen

TE- Clay

RB- Tolbert

QB- Bradford

IR- Woodhead

IR- Coleman

Should I do it?

Edit: I countered the trade with Watkins instead of Marshall.

I'd do it if Watkins is subbed in for Marshall.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:41 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay so i did the trade. Got Rodgers for Rivers and Allen.

Now waivers(non ppr)

Who should i target most of these 5? I already have 1 open spot from the trade and another player worth dropping.

Jason Witten(i have Gronk and he is DTD)

Samaje Perine

Chris Thompson

Jermaine Kearse

JJ Nelson(Jordy is hurting too)

These are the 5 I'm putting in claims on(no bids here)

I would target Nelson.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:49 PM, SoS said:

Question for whoever wants to answer. 

Here's my current RB/TE situation (1 PPR):

RB LMcCoy / JAjayi / TCohen

TE ZErtz / KRudolph / JDoyle

Currently being offered Gillislee or Mixon for Rudolph. I realize I'm deep at TE and thin at RB, but should I pull the trigger on either of these and if so which one? Leaning strong toward yes and Gillislee.  

Gillislee.  And yeah, for Rudolph.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:52 PM, StevenK said:

I'm curious if I should start AJ Green (vs GB) or Demaryius Thomas (vs Buf)? AJ hasn't been able to do much so far, but I also know they just fired their OC. Or I can play Jonathan Stewart (vs NO) or Chris Thompson (vs OAK), if i'm able to get him off waiver (thompson). Thoughts?

Keep starting Green.  It will pay off soon.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, N4L said:

My Team

QB Mariota

RB Ajayi, Miller, Kamara, Choen, Rawls (who I am going to cut)

WR: Dez, Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, Tyrell Williams, rishard mathews

TE: Cook, Hunter Henry, CJ Fiedo (IR spot)

NYG DEF

Currently my only QB on the roster is Mariota. Siemian is available, and not much else.

My only defense is the giants, and given that their offense cant sustain drives and are susceptible to turnovers it puts the defense in a bad spot. 

I am going to drop Rawls to pick up either:

Miami's Defense (Playing NYJ this week)

Chris Carson (makes sense to drop RB for another RB)

OR Trevor Siemian (Mariota hasnt blown up yet, want a little insurance)

If Carson is a must have pick up with my RB depth being thin already, then I might consider dropping rishard mathews for Miami's defense this week. Just because I know rishard wont do much against SEA to make anyone want to add him lol and I am pretty deep at WR considering only 2 spots and a flex. 

Im 0-2 in that league because I went against Hunt week 1 and the guy this week had wentz, freeman, Kelce. 

Get Carson.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:14 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Dak or Wentz this week?

I think Wentz.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:44 PM, SimsZilla said:

my team is in rough shape after last week...

qb ben, luck

rb johson (hurt), zeke, hunt, west, mixon (just traded cohen for) mack

wr hilton, pryor, marvin jones, tyrell williams, garcon

te reed

def

k

i dont really know what i should do. i cant trade hunt or zeke bc i have no depth really. im gonna try to get rid of jones while his value is high maybe, any buy low candidates you'd suggest or anything i should do? I legit LOVED my draft this year too..

EDIT:

Just traded MArvin jones, terrance west, and ben for demaryius thomas and doug martin. im gonna pick up a qb

Nice trade.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:28 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

Is DeMarco a buy low candidate or are we seeing a change in Tennessee?

I'd buy low, but it just depends on what kind of cost you can get for him.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:19 PM, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Just got sent Julio Jones for Zeke and Kelvin Benjamin. 

My RBs would be Kareem Hunt, Freeman, Montgomery 

and my WR's Julio and Mike Evans 

as is I have to sit one of Zeke, Freeeman, Hunt, or Montgomery and play Benjamin. 

Yeah, I like that since your RBs are so deep.

On 9/20/2017 at 12:43 AM, titans0021 said:

Torn on what to do at QB this week. I have Mariota and am sitting on Luck (a decision I'm struggling with every day). I can drop a guy like Jordan Matthews to pick up either Siemian or Cutler for this week, or I can just roll with Mariota and hope he can get a couple touchdowns against Seattle. The traditional ranking sites all have Mariota above those two for Week 3, but I'm struggling to see it, especially since I fully expect the Titans to try to go into full power-run mode on Sunday.

I'd drop Matthews anyway, so I don't mind penciling in Cutler (my preference over Siemian) this week.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:15 AM, G-McDog said:

I don't have space on my bench to keep hold of 2 TE's. But I have Graham. Do I just keep hold of him or drop him for Fleener, Henry or Hooper? Standard NFL.com league!

Really tough.  He's killing you right now.  I'd lean towards dropping him for Fleener, but see if you can spin him in a trade first.

On 9/20/2017 at 4:06 AM, kyle21121 said:

Well I'm really unsure of Jordan Howard who was supposed to be my one solid every week starter at RB. I'm not sure if he is hurt I mean I know he's hurt but if he'll still play or if it's worth it or not so I have him penciled in at FLEX I moved Cohen to RB with Dalvin Cook but now I have many okay options at FLEX what should I do?

Howard still vs PIT

Chris Carson @ TEN

Mixon @ GB

JStew vs NO

Corey Davis vs SEA

Chris Hogan vs HOU

Tyrell Williams vs KC

So a ton of options but no one I am super confident with. 

Its PPR

Also I'm not married to Cohen starting if you feel really good about two options (1 obviously being a RB).

I'd flex Hogan if he plays.  Otherwise, I like Williams.  Definitely starting Cohen in PPR.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:50 AM, pengu said:

Standard League 

For WR3 would you play Tyrell Williams vs KC or Rashard Higgins @IND or Jermain Kearse vs MIA

For QB, who has the highest ceiling for week 3,  stay with Rivers vs KC or pickup Alex Smith @LAC / Trevor Siemian @BUF / DeShone Kizer @IND

Hmm, probably Kearse at this point.  I'd stay with Rivers, but Smith is tempting.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:23 AM, steadypimpin said:

Is Eifert droppable now??? I have Walker and just got Witten. I'm about done waiting for this guy to do something and quit getting injured. 

Not yet.  Let's just see how he does under the new OC Bill Lazor.

On 9/20/2017 at 12:36 PM, beezee said:

My current team, sitting at 0-2.. QB/2 WR/2 RB/1 TE/2 FLEX, .5 PPR

QB:  Mariota, Winston

RB:  Bell, Ajayi, Cook, Henry, Rawls

WR:  Alshon, Kelvin Benjamin, Diggs, Kupp, Kearse

TE:  Ertz

--

I feel like I have a solid team on paper (12 teams), but not working out so far.  There's another guy 0-2 who looks to be thin in some spots, especially with Jordy Nelson banged up.  Thinking of offering Henry + Diggs (willing to maybe do Cook + Diggs) for Jordy.  Thoughts?

Would definitely do either.

On 9/20/2017 at 2:10 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Non-ppr league:

Pick 2 RBs, flex 1 WR(Michael Thomas and Jordy are my WRs but pick an extra WR incase Jordy sits)

Demarco Murray/Derrick Henry vs Seattle

Mike Gilislee vs Houston

Jonathan Stewart vs New Orleans

Larry Fitzgerald vs Dallas

JJ Nelson vs Dallas

Jermaine Kearse vs Mia

Adam Thielen vs TB

I'd play Gillislee, Stewart, Kearse, and Nelson.  In that order.

On 9/20/2017 at 2:44 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

Thomas Rawls and Rex Burkhead were recently dropped in my league...Would you drop any of these guys to add them?....

Alvin Kamara RB
Chris Johnson RB 
Corey Davis WR 
Tyrell Williams WR 
Evan Engram TE 
Jacquizz Rodgers RB

I want to hang on to Engram, I think his upside is through the roof, he already might be Eli's #2 target behind Odell. I think CJ2K is going to get 15-20 touches while DJ is out. And while Jacquizz' schedule looks a little rough, I'm hesitant to drop him because while Doug Martin comes back in week 5, I really don't think Martin is an upgrade over Quizz, it's a little fuzzy to me on who exactly the starter will be in week 5 and beyond. Do I try and package a guy like Corey Davis or Tyrell Williams and Christian McCaffrey to try and upgrade my flex spot? My RBs are Ajayi and Coleman. Or do I just leave Rawls and Rex be? 

I just feel like Rawls is going to get his touches and eventually be the starter in Seattle. 

I'd keep all those guys over them. Carson is their guy I think.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:18 PM, BillSabre said:

Better pickup PPR 

Chris Carson or James White?

Crowder or Rupp?

best overall of the 4 also?

White, Crowder, White.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:25 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Who do you start this week in PPR. I picked up allllll the waiver WRs.

JJ Nelson

Allen Hurns

Marvin Jones

Muhammad Sanu (I already have Julio as WR1 so it would be weird starting both)

Nelson.

Archived