Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

What am I supposed to think about Christian McCaffrey? Had a great game through the air this past week, but it was against the Saints defense and a lot of that production came in garbage time. 

With Olsen/Benjamin down do you think he's going to be a high volume guy moving forward? Good start this week against New England? I feel like Belichick gameplans to shut down opposing teams' #1 options and daring the role players to beat him, so I'm wary of the matchup.

I've got Ty Montgomery and DeMarco Murray in as my 2 RB's, so I'm basically choosing between McCaffrey, Chris Hogan (vs. CAR), and Chris Carson vs. IND for my FLEX. Who are you taking? I'm leaning Carson. 

keeyyyyyyy,

who should i start this week at my FLEX this week in .5 PPR?

terrelle pryor or tarik cohen? pryor's been disappointing for me, but do feel like he'll still break out as the season progresses. right now i have cohen in there since he's been more consistent + against our trash (soft) defense he'll have a day. 

Pick 3 RB PPR

Howard at GB

Cohen at GB

Cook vs DET

Carson vs IND

Mixon at CLE

I will likely flex one considering I seem to have a very favourable week at RB but at WR I've started Pryor each week and I'm considering benching him for Chris Hogan (Beckham and Keenan Allen are my other starters at WR) would this be something to consider (PPR)?

Also my weekly Stafford or Prescott debate in which I've chosen wrong each week haha. 

5 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

What am I supposed to think about Christian McCaffrey? Had a great game through the air this past week, but it was against the Saints defense and a lot of that production came in garbage time. 

With Olsen/Benjamin down do you think he's going to be a high volume guy moving forward? Good start this week against New England? I feel like Belichick gameplans to shut down opposing teams' #1 options and daring the role players to beat him, so I'm wary of the matchup.

I've got Ty Montgomery and DeMarco Murray in as my 2 RB's, so I'm basically choosing between McCaffrey, Chris Hogan (vs. CAR), and Chris Carson vs. IND for my FLEX. Who are you taking? I'm leaning Carson. 

Honestly, I'd go with McCaffery if it's ppr. INDY's run defense has actually been pretty decnent thus far, and even though I don't expect that to continue, they are facing a pourus Seattle Offensive line. 

4 hours ago, G-McDog said:

How close is Hunt and Elliot in a non-ppr league? Who would you rather have and how close are they? 

At this point, you have to say they're pretty damn close. For some reason the Cowboys haven't gotten it going on offense like they were last year. I'm still sticking with Zeke, but it's starting to get razor thin.

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

Would you trade Leveon Bell and Tyrell Williams for Gurley and Devante Parker? PPR 

Was also offered Doug Martin and Gronk for Bell and Fleener.

No to the 2nd offer for sure. 

As for the the first offer, who are your other receivers? Because if you're going to start Parker every week, I'd go for that deal. Gurley is getting crazy amounts of touches, and with that volume and his goal line touches, he's looking like a top 3 RB this year. Parker is getting a good amount of targets and has scored pretty well ppr wise his first two games and in that Adam Gase offense I expect that to continue, especially with Cutler now in at QB. I know getting rid of Bell stings a lot but that's pretty good value for him I don't know if you could get a better deal from anyone else.

32 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

Taylor oor alex smith this week?

Tyrod Taylor continues to be undervalued as a fantasy QB. He's pretty much a starter every week for me. He gets enough run attempts to get him almost 40 yards a game on that alone, and he rarely turns the ball over. His floor is pretty high every week. This week especially against a Falcon defense that looks to be without Vic Beasley, I look for Shady McCoy to get going in a big way this week which could open up the passing game and even option plays for Tyrod. 

Plus Smith is facing a Redskin defense that completely shut down Derek Carr and the Raiders two days ago.

13 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Pick 3 RB PPR

Howard at GB

Cohen at GB

Cook vs DET

Carson vs IND

Mixon at CLE

I will likely flex one considering I seem to have a very favourable week at RB but at WR I've started Pryor each week and I'm considering benching him for Chris Hogan (Beckham and Keenan Allen are my other starters at WR) would this be something to consider (PPR)?

Also my weekly Stafford or Prescott debate in which I've chosen wrong each week haha. 

Howard, Cook, Mixon.

Howard is going to get a lot of touches after last week, and idk how you sit him after that performance, Cook has been great to start the season, you can't sit him either, and Mixon looks to have finally been given the keys in that Bengal backfield, I think he's about to take off.

Also, go Prescott. He's playing the Rams who just got shredded by Brian Hoyer, and Stafford is playing a really good Minnesota defense.

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

At this point, you have to say they're pretty damn close. For some reason the Cowboys haven't gotten it going on offense like they were last year. I'm still sticking with Zeke, but it's starting to get razor thin.

That's helpful. I have Elliott, am thinking of trying to trade him for hunt, and then try to upgrade my WR a bit in the trade. I'm think the person who has hunt still views Elliot as much better.

Archived