Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

I know this is hard to predict but I thought I would ask for the sake of discussion.

What are your thoughts on Mike Williams? Key I know you weren't particularly high on him but what do you think his snap % will be? Big Mike is strictly an outside WR no? Does that mean Tyrell will move into the slot?  Can he even play the slot? I'm starting to think about adding Williams in a couple weeks for cheap and see how he pans out. 

On 9/24/2017 at 6:34 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

So I just made what might be a pretty foolish snap trade.  I traded away Michael Thomas and Stefon Diggs for Devonta Freeman and DeAndre Hopkins.  The main reason for the trade was that I had a stud WR racking up points on my bench every week no matter who I started, and Crowell was killing me as a RB2.  Hopkins worries me ROS though.

Here's my full team, currently.  What do you think?

QB: Phillip Rivers

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Michael Thomas

RB: Dalvin Cook

RB: Isaiah Crowell

TE: Zach Ertz

FLEX: Michael Crabtree

Bench:

Stefon Diggs

Theo Riddick

Duke Johnson

Alvin Kamara

Allen Hurns

Kirk Cousins

I don't mind that deal at all.  I think you have a title-contending squad.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:04 AM, TheMonarch1110 said:

My WR2 is basically either Ginn, Maclin or C. Davis depending on the health and match up of each player.
My Rbs are McCoy, Ajayi, C. Thompson, Cohen, R. Kelley

.5 ppr. Should I try to send out Ajayi or McCoy to upgrade my WR2? Be patient? Haven't had great matchups for them so far this season either. Next week is looking a little better. If so, which one?
My league is set up so you play RB, WR, WR, FLEX. So I can only start 2 RBs.

Think I might try to move Ajayi of the two.  But I wouldn't do it for anything less than a Hopkins/M. Thomas type.  You could also sell Thompson high for a guy like E. Sanders.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:49 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Is it time to pickup D. Watson? 

Also, I'm 0-3 but I really don't think my team is that bad, I'm frustrated but I don't want to make any dumb decisions based off a few bad weeks...

QB: Alex Smith 

RB: Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman, Christian McCaffrey, Chris Johnson, Alvin Kamara

WR: Odell Beckham, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Corey Davis 

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Evan Engram 

DST: Stream

K: Stream 

Don't really know what to do here, I feel like I have a strong team. I might try and trade Christian McCaffrey and DeVante Parker for a stronger WR2. But then I'm settling for CJ2K as a flex play for most weeks. The Bradford injury really hurts Rudolph, almost to the point where he's on the verge of being dropable. 

If I tried and packaged CJ2K and Parker for an upgrade at wr, who would be a reasonable target?

Chris Johnson isn't going to carry any value in a trade.  You could maybe get a marginally better player than Parker for him.  You're better off dropping Rudolph for another WR.

On 9/26/2017 at 6:40 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I need 1 RB and a flex: Non-PPR

Mike Gillislee vs NE

Joe Mixon vs Cleveland 

Larry Fitzgerald vs SF

Adam Thielen vs Detroit 

Mixon looks to be the guy now but Gillislee should get alot of garbage time. Think a WR is my flex though

Mixon is your RB, Fitz your flex.

22 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Pryor worth sitting now until he proves it? PPR league?

Also who would you start? Pick 2 WR and a flex, PPR league

D hop vs TEN

Pryor @ KC

M. Bryant @ BAL

Kupp @ DAL

Mixon @ CLE

T. Williams vs PHI

Leaning towards the bold.

Also Lynch @ DEN or CJ vs OAK as my RB2? Starting Gurley as my RB1. my team as follows

QB WInston

RB1 Gurley 

RB2 ?

WR1 AB

WR2 Baldwin (if he goes)

WR3 Alshon @ LAC

TE Fleener @ MIA

Also what WR would you start out of this group for your WR2 and flex. PPR league Shady and Howard are my RBs. Alshon is my WR1 this week.

Decker @ HOU

TY @ SEA

Kearse vs JAX

Maclin vs PIT

Thielen vs DET

Leaning towards the bold

Thanks as always Key! How are your teams doing this year??

Hop, Martavis, Mixon for first Q.  CJ v OAK.  And finally, Thielen and Hilton I guess.  None really appeal, but T.Y. could get loose for a big play.

Teams aren't bad.  I have a 3-0 and 2-1 in my money leagues.  I have an 0-3, but I think it's a pretty good team, so I'm not panicking just yet.

21 hours ago, bertuzzi said:

Hey key need some help this week .5 ppr. Need a WR and a flex

sammy W vs cowboys

snead vs dolphins

t coleman vs bill

thanks

Watkins and Coleman.

Better Wr2 streaming option this week, Kenny Stills against the Saints, or Tyrell Williams against the Eagles?

Both have promising match ups and I'm really hurting in that wr2 spot.

.5 ppr league, and there are bonuses for big plays (50+ yard touchdown, 100 / 150 yard game)

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Better Wr2 streaming option this week, Kenny Stills against the Saints, or Tyrell Williams against the Eagles?

Both have promising match ups and I'm really hurting in that wr2 spot.

I like Tyrell but I am having a hard time starting him now, Even thinking about dropping him in a league or 2 for Mike Williams.

I'm not Key but Id go with Tyrell.

19 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

What am I supposed to think about Christian McCaffrey? Had a great game through the air this past week, but it was against the Saints defense and a lot of that production came in garbage time. 

With Olsen/Benjamin down do you think he's going to be a high volume guy moving forward? Good start this week against New England? I feel like Belichick gameplans to shut down opposing teams' #1 options and daring the role players to beat him, so I'm wary of the matchup.

I've got Ty Montgomery and DeMarco Murray in as my 2 RB's, so I'm basically choosing between McCaffrey, Chris Hogan (vs. CAR), and Chris Carson vs. IND for my FLEX. Who are you taking? I'm leaning Carson. 

Yeah, he's a good start this week.  Our defense is abysmal.  Last in points per game and yards per game.  Still, of that group, I'm taking Hogan.

17 hours ago, G-McDog said:

How close is Hunt and Elliot in a non-ppr league? Who would you rather have and how close are they? 

Very close.  I would trade Elliott for Hunt because of the looming appeal, but if Elliott plays the rest of the year, I would trade Hunt for Elliott.

17 hours ago, pengu said:

Hey Keys, 

I know you were high on Tyrell Williams during preseason but is it time to cut bait with him now ?

Yeah, probably so.  He's not getting the downfield looks, but to be fair, they have played some tough pass Ds in KC and Denver.  Rivers also turned it over 4 times last week.  I think there is more to come, but I don't blame you for cutting him in smaller leagues.  He and Pryor are making me look bad.

15 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

keeyyyyyyy,

who should i start this week at my FLEX this week in .5 PPR?

terrelle pryor or tarik cohen? pryor's been disappointing for me, but do feel like he'll still break out as the season progresses. right now i have cohen in there since he's been more consistent + against our trash (soft) defense he'll have a day. 

Def. Cohen.

14 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Would you trade Leveon Bell and Tyrell Williams for Gurley and Devante Parker? PPR 

Was also offered Doug Martin and Gronk for Bell and Fleener.

No to both.

14 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

Taylor oor alex smith this week?

Tyrod.

13 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Pick 3 RB PPR

Howard at GB

Cohen at GB

Cook vs DET

Carson vs IND

Mixon at CLE

I will likely flex one considering I seem to have a very favourable week at RB but at WR I've started Pryor each week and I'm considering benching him for Chris Hogan (Beckham and Keenan Allen are my other starters at WR) would this be something to consider (PPR)?

Also my weekly Stafford or Prescott debate in which I've chosen wrong each week haha. 

Top 3 guys for me.  And definitely Prescott.  Rams' defense is terrible.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Need 2 RBs and a flex: NON PPR

Mixon vs Clev

McCaffrey vs New England

Chris Hogan vs Carolina 

Adam Thielen vs Detroit

Tarik Cohen vs GB

Mixon, McCaffrey, Hogan, but it's tough to sit Cohen.

In a Standard League, should I be standing pat with these starters every week (besides injuries or bye weeks): Todd Gurley, CJ Anderson, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams

or do you see scenarios where any of the following might be better options: Doug Martin, Isisah Crowell, Willie Snead, Marvin Jones?

I'm feeling like the above group is strong enough where I should just be starting them no matter what and my bench should be bye replacements only.

8 minutes ago, G-McDog said:

Would you give up Hunt plus Julio to get Elliot and Nelson in a non-ppr league?

I actually think I would, again I'm not Key but for the heck of it. non ppr is what seals the deal for me. Jordy's TD upside week in and week out is ridiculous same can be said for Zeke honestly. Julio doesn't do much for me in standard leagues doesn't get a lot TDs.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

In a Standard League, should I be standing pat with these starters every week (besides injuries or bye weeks): Todd Gurley, CJ Anderson, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams

or do you see scenarios where any of the following might be better options: Doug Martin, Isisah Crowell, Willie Snead, Marvin Jones?

I'm feeling like the above group is strong enough where I should just be starting them no matter what and my bench should be bye replacements only.

Unless Martin takes off, I think you start Gurley and Anderson over him.  Crowell is too undependable.  Snead may be a start some weeks over Adams if the Saints are at home.  We'll have to wait and see.

Paper thin at RB in a 1/2 ppr league (12 teams)

Recently traded Cohen for Devante Parker and then days later had Sproles go down with injury. 

Now I'm left with Zeke, Gore (also have Forte and just signed McGuire). Was recently offered Chris Thompson for Denver defense. Feels like a slam dunk. Just wanted quick input 

Hey @keysersoze3421

I just posted this in the trade help thread but a guy in my PPR league said he'd do a Nuke Hopkins for Chris Carson and Willie Snead deal.

i can't pass that up, but I now have Crowell and Buck Allen as my RB2 options lol.

my reveivers are Crabtree, Dez, Sammy Watkins, and now potentially Hopkins.

any idea on who to target for a RB? And who to try and trade 

Archived